PDA

View Full Version : We forgive players anything in return for goals, don't we?

Sir C
09-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Especially great goals.

But fúck me, Sanchez was dreadful last night. Was he doing it on purpose?

SWv2
09-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Especially great goals.

But fúck me, Sanchez was dreadful last night. Was he doing it on purpose?

Very much a victim of the summer shenanigans. Every poor performance and misplaced touch the subject of over analysis.

I even made a comment last night that I thought he looked mighty pissed off in the pre-match pitch line up. He probably didn’t, just his normal facial expression.

Still, should have sold him.

Sir C
09-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Very much a victim of the summer shenanigans. Every poor performance and misplaced touch the subject of over analysis.

I even made a comment last night that I thought he looked mighty pissed off in the pre-match pitch line up. He probably didn’t, just his normal facial expression.

My judgement has nothing to do with the events of the summer, sw. Giving the ball away is a standard part of his game, but last night, Jesus Holy Christ. He might as well have been playing for them.

Useless.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Dreadful and pissed off he still scored the second and had a huge hand in the third. Without his contirubtions we wouldn't have won.

SWv2
09-15-2017, 08:35 AM
My judgement has nothing to do with the events of the summer, sw. Giving the ball away is a standard part of his game, but last night, Jesus Holy Christ. He might as well have been playing for them.

Useless.

Well indeed he has always given the ball away more than the normal amount (for us), his other brilliance allowed him to get away with this in the the eyes of most fans.

This year I expect leniency will be less forthcoming.

PSRB
09-15-2017, 08:37 AM
Dreadful and pissed off he still scored the second and had a huge hand in the third. Without his contirubtions we wouldn't have won.

I don't know, young Jack was magnificent in his 20 minute cameo. We were cutting them apart at will towards the end

Pokster
09-15-2017, 08:39 AM
I don't know, young Jack was magnificent in his 20 minute cameo. We were cutting them apart at will towards the end

I really hope we keep him, offers something most other players don't..... with the slack we cut Diaby i feel it would be wise to TRY to get him to sign a contract

Sir C
09-15-2017, 08:42 AM

Classiest player on the pitch from the moment he ran on. Given the events of the past 12 months, almost any other player I can think of would have been lashing at a ball rolled to him along the 18 yard, imagining it nestling in the top corner; Wilshere stepped over it and created a goal.

PSRB
09-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Classiest player on the pitch from the moment he ran on. Given the events of the past 12 months, almost any other player I can think of would have been lashing at a ball rolled to him along the 18 yard, imagining it nestling in the top corner; Wilshere stepped over it and created a goal.

Walcott, who'd been fairly terrible, actually did a very good job with that control and shot. The offside was finish was very good as well. Still think he offers something, but from the bench

Luis Anaconda
09-15-2017, 08:44 AM

I thought the same thing. I don't think he hides his emotions well. He was poor last night but one can hardly say he lacked effort. The number of over-hit passes is as symptomatic of a player almost trying too hard rather than one not trying at all

Mo Britain less Europe
09-15-2017, 08:52 AM
This Arsenal team is simply fragile on confidence and lack leadership. In the first half we were poor, the minute the Kola volley went in they all switched on and realised they were a far better team, even with the current malaise, than the other lot.

Sir C
09-15-2017, 08:54 AM
Walcott, who'd been fairly terrible, actually did a very good job with that control and shot. The offside was finish was very good as well. Still think he offers something, but from the bench

Actually I was quite impressed that Theo shrugged off the 39 offside decisions and continued to play off the defender's shoulder as, presumably, instructed. Shame that bad decision by the lino went against him.

PSRB
09-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Actually I was quite impressed that Theo shrugged off the 39 offside decisions and continued to play off the defender's shoulder as, presumably, instructed. Shame that bad decision by the lino went against him.

I can imagine a fair few armchair fans being shut up when the commentator pointed out that he scored 19 goals last season. More than AOC in 6 years

Sir C
09-15-2017, 09:03 AM
I can imagine a fair few armchair fans being shut up when the commentator pointed out that he scored 19 goals last season. More than AOC in 6 years

I think he's an easy target because he's so... nice.

World's End Stella
09-15-2017, 09:04 AM
Well indeed he has always given the ball away more than the normal amount (for us), his other brilliance allowed him to get away with this in the the eyes of most fans.

This year I expect leniency will be less forthcoming.

Which is why I have always been so surprised that Pep wanted him.

He'd drive the skinny Catalan chap mental I reckon.

redgunamo
09-15-2017, 09:18 AM
Which is why I have always been so surprised that Pep wanted him.

He'd drive the skinny Catalan chap mental I reckon.

Agreed. You never quite know with Manchester City though; with all that money, they could afford to just use Alexis as an impact sub, or something like that.

Ash
09-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Agreed. You never quite know with Manchester City though; with all that money, they could afford to just use Alexis as an impact sub, or something like that.

That would be funny. Worth selling him just to watch that happen imo.

SWv2
09-15-2017, 09:43 AM

Indeed, hugely intriguing to see how he would be used given the players they already have to leave out of the starting 11 and the obvious fact that one more player would have to miss out to incorporate the Chilean.

The obvious one is Aguero, but then he is Aguero.

Ash
09-15-2017, 09:45 AM

I dunno. If Eboue had been playing like that he'd have got the hook at half time. Of course, Eboue didn't have that goal in his locker, and the whole team was rubbish in the first half.