PDA

View Full Version : The chefs who work on hotel omelette stations irritate me

Burney
09-13-2017, 09:13 AM
They give themselves airs and graces and act like they're the bóllocks when in fact all they do is cook fùcking eggs.

And I hate the way they try to get you to order an omelette when all you want is fried egg. Cùnts.

Sir C
09-13-2017, 09:16 AM
They give themselves airs and graces and act like they're the bóllocks when in fact all they do is cook fùcking eggs.

And I hate the way they try to get you to order an omelette when all you want is fried egg. Cùnts.

AND they fúck about trying to make it look like a perfect sausage shape, meanwhile overcooking the fúcking thing.

On the other hand, it allows one to eat chillies at breakfast, which would be unacceptable if preparing the omelette for yourself.

Burney
09-13-2017, 09:20 AM
AND they fúck about trying to make it look like a perfect sausage shape, meanwhile overcooking the fúcking thing.

On the other hand, it allows one to eat chillies at breakfast, which would be unacceptable if preparing the omelette for yourself.

Yes. They are always overcooked, aren't they? You feel like jumping in and telling them to stop.

Actually, what irritates me more are the rubes who talk about the experience in awed tones. "He did me a lovely omelette with ham and cheese - anything I wanted." To hear them, you'd think the cùnt had turned lead into gold.

Pat Vegas
09-13-2017, 09:20 AM

Hotels :cloud9: the only time I have coffee and orange juice with breakfast.

Tony C
09-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Has anyone ever ordered one with all them toppings...never been that brave :(

Sir C
09-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Yes. They are always overcooked, aren't they? You feel like jumping in and telling them to stop.

Actually, what irritates me more are the rubes who talk about the experience in awed tones. "He did me a lovely omelette with ham and cheese - anything I wanted." To hear them, you'd think the cùnt had turned lead into gold.

Did you get to try an oyster omelette while you were in Singapore? They deep-fry the bloody things.

Marvellous.

Burney
09-13-2017, 09:23 AM
Did you get to try an oyster omelette while you were in Singapore? They deep-fry the bloody things.

Marvellous.

I didn't. The concept makes me feel a bit queasy, tbh, but I suppose the deep frying would make it less icky

World's End Stella
09-13-2017, 09:24 AM
I've never had an omlette that was anything other than bland. Mostly because the egg is always overcooked and an overcooked egg is a horrible thing. Mind you, I've never had a truffled omlette, even after a week in the Dordogne, and I've always thought they might be wonderful.

Fried with a very runny yoke? Yes. Scrambled provided they are cooked very slowly? Yes. Poached with a very runny yoke? Yes.

Omlette? No.

Sir C
09-13-2017, 09:25 AM
I didn't. The concept makes me feel a bit queasy, tbh, but I suppose the deep frying would make it less icky

They do look a little like a mess of egg and grollies, but they're good, man.

Sir C
09-13-2017, 09:28 AM
I've never had an omlette that was anything other than bland. Mostly because the egg is always overcooked and an overcooked egg is a horrible thing. Mind you, I've never had a truffled omlette, even after a week in the Dordogne, and I've always thought they might be wonderful.

Fried with a very runny yoke? Yes. Scrambled provided they are cooked very slowly? Yes. Poached with a very runny yoke? Yes.

Omlette? No.

:-( I don't even know where to start with this.

Yes I do. A man who claims to have a knowledge of food but has never cooked, or even experienced, a correctly baveuse omelette, should hang his head in shame. He massive, bald, sweaty head. :-(

And as for lacking the ability to spell omelette...

Ash
09-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Hotels :cloud9: the only time I have coffee and orange juice with breakfast.

Usually I only have coffee and orange juice for breakfast. #thatch

World's End Stella
09-13-2017, 09:32 AM

Yes I do. A man who claims to have a knowledge of food but has never cooked, or even experienced, a correctly baveuse omelette, should hang his head in shame. He massive, bald, sweaty head. :-(

My head is not massive, that's my cock you're thinking of there, Dutchie.

And omelettes are merely just some cooked eggs and can therefore only be so good.

Unlike my creamed cabbage which history now shows was a thing of genius. And better yet, I have only just now thought of a way to improve it. A tidge of Dijon for depth and tiny amount of finely chopped capers to introduce a bit of acidity.

It shall be on the menu at Maison WES again this weekend. Possibly with pheasant if the locals have begun shooting them. :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
09-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Usually I only have coffee and orange juice for breakfast. #thatch

Yes but I put them in the same cup. :-(

Pokster
09-13-2017, 09:38 AM

I actually think WES is the reason we voted for Brexit

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2017, 09:42 AM

I think we are missing the major point here which is I really need a sausage and egg McMuffin now. And it's too late. ****ERS

Pat Vegas
09-13-2017, 09:44 AM
I think we are missing the major point here which is I really need a sausage and egg McMuffin now. And it's too late. ****ERS

That's something the americans got right LA.

In Vegas I had a McMuffin at 9:30pm

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2017, 09:46 AM

:nod: They do the bacon one here all day now. I may settle for that

Burney
09-13-2017, 09:49 AM

It is outrageous that in this day and age I can pop on a frock, insist I'm a woman and everyone has to go along with it, but I'm still persecuted by McDonald's into accepting their heteronormative idea of when I can have breakfast. We've got our prorities arse about face there and no mistake.

Burney
09-13-2017, 09:50 AM
:nod: They do the bacon one here all day now. I may settle for that

The bacon one's shít, though, la.

Ironic that in Germany, they refuse to serve sausage all day.

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2017, 09:53 AM
The bacon one's shít, though, la.

Ironic that in Germany, they refuse to serve sausage all day.

:hehe: I was just thinking the same thing. They did do some Nuremburg wurst thing a while back - which apparently wasn't bad

Ash
09-13-2017, 09:54 AM

I have never had a sausage and egg McMuffin. It seems far too early to stop serving breakfast, especially for those who don't like to eat first thing. Are there not independent establishment offering sausage and egg rolls? I gather they are well up for a bit of sausage over there.

Burney
09-13-2017, 09:55 AM
:hehe: I was just thinking the same thing. They did do some Nuremburg wurst thing a while back - which apparently wasn't bad

I like a Nuremburger wurst. They're the ones they always do in German hotels in lieu of proper sausages.

Burney
09-13-2017, 09:56 AM
I have never had a sausage and egg McMuffin. It seems far too early to stop serving breakfast, especially for those who don't like to eat first thing. Are there not independent establishment offering sausage and egg rolls? I gather they are well up for a bit of sausage over there.

You really ought to treat yourself, a. Go for the double one.

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2017, 10:29 AM

Sausage is not a problem - egg is

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-13-2017, 11:57 AM

****s "a baveuse! For fuxake man A BAVEUSE!"

Last cheeky **** said "It's not a fanny mate it's a fackin omelette"

World's End Stella
09-13-2017, 12:08 PM
****s "a baveuse! For fuxake man A BAVEUSE!"

Last cheeky **** said "It's not a fanny mate it's a fackin omelette"

Baveuse means you add parsley and stop cooking it early enough that the middle is runny.

But the bloke was right, it's still just a f*cking omelette.

Compared to - as an example - eggs benedict, which is a truly exceptional breakfast which Charles would claim to love if it had a French name. :rolleyes:

Sir C
09-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Baveuse means you add parsley and stop cooking it early enough that the middle is runny.

But the bloke was right, it's still just a f*cking omelette.

Compared to - as an example - eggs benedict, which is a truly exceptional breakfast which Charles would claim to love if it had a French name. :rolleyes:

It's not so much that you're a maniac... it's that you're a dangerous maniac.

I suppose at least after Brexit you'll be repatriated or interned :cloud9:

World's End Stella
09-13-2017, 12:15 PM
It's not so much that you're a maniac... it's that you're a dangerous maniac.

I suppose at least after Brexit you'll be repatriated or interned :cloud9:

Soz Charles, with Mrs WES and the two junior WESs being English you simply can't get rid of me. :-)

In fact, all that stands between me, citizenship and a British passport is me getting off my arse and about £400.

£400 to be British does seem awfully expensive, though. ;-)

Mo Britain less Europe
09-13-2017, 12:20 PM
Recently, whilst staying in Riga, I had an even worse egg chef. She would insist on pre-cooking the eggs and forcing everyone to eat cold eggs rather than freshly-cooked. I managed to nick one from the pan whilst she went off for a second but it was a messy business.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-13-2017, 12:29 PM
You appear to be blissfully unaware that the word is a french vernacular to describe a fanny in a lubricious state of arousal.

No-one actually mentioned a fanny to me WES - it was a joke.

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Soz Charles, with Mrs WES and the two junior WESs being English you simply can't get rid of me. :-)

In fact, all that stands between me, citizenship and a British passport is me getting off my arse and about £400.

£400 to be British does seem awfully expensive, though. ;-)

Far cheaper to be Irish though :)

World's End Stella
09-13-2017, 12:46 PM

You'd think the Irish would pay us. :-)

SWv2
09-13-2017, 12:51 PM

Costs about a grand to become Irish.

Even though you would still never be accepted as Irish.

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Costs about a grand to become Irish.

Even though you would still never be accepted as Irish.

Ah - I miswrote. I have been an Irish citizen since birth I just have never had a passport. Having been in West Cork recently, I imagine this is not an uncommon thing. I have both my parents' birth certificates to prove it, even if my father's looks like it was written in felt tip on a pig farm (which in essence it was)

Burney
09-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Ah - I miswrote. I have been an Irish citizen since birth I just have never had a passport. Having been in West Cork recently, I imagine this is not an uncommon thing. I have both my parents' birth certificates to prove it, even if my father's looks like it was written in felt tip on a pig farm (which in essence it was)

I rather resent them co-opting my citizenship without my permission. Where my parents were born is hardly my fault, after all and I certainly want no part of their ghastly country. Am I allowed to renounce this so-called 'citizenship' somehow?

SWv2
09-13-2017, 01:51 PM

I was in Clonakilty on the Friday and Saturday, I believe you arrived on the Monday?

Close escape really.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-13-2017, 01:56 PM

Were you born in the Emerald Isle ?

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2017, 01:58 PM
I was in Clonakilty on the Friday and Saturday, I believe you arrived on the Monday?

Close escape really.

Tuesday in fact - I rather liked the place. Basically pissed from about an hour after I got there to the minute I got on the plane at Dublin airport on Sunday. I was in actually in your fair city for the Stoke game - shame it was all so rushed or you could have come up and been rude to me and not bought me a drink

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Were you born in the Emerald Isle ?
No but both my parents were which is good enough for citizenship. Apparently you only need one but that sounds a bit common - and tbf where I was born in London it was more Irish than English anyway