PDA

View Full Version : Salisbury Review

Chief Arrowhead
09-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Just discovered this delightful, mind-expanding publication. I'm assuming it is required reading amongst certain esteemed AWIMB elders?

http://www.salisburyreview.com/

Love the editor's bio:

Myles Harris is the editor of The Salisbury Review. Well struck in years, he remembers when hangings were announced in received English by a man wearing a bow tie on the BBC Home Service, midwives rode bicycles, Lady Almoners looked after the deserving poor in hospitals and children were separated by the 11 plus into sheep and goats. Since then except for painless dentistry, he has seen little improvement.

Deserving poor ... heh

eastgermanautos
09-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Just discovered this delightful, mind-expanding publication. I'm assuming it is required reading amongst certain esteemed AWIMB elders?

Love the editor's bio:

Myles Harris is the editor of The Salisbury Review. Well struck in years, he remembers when hangings were announced in received English by a man wearing a bow tie on the BBC Home Service, midwives rode bicycles, Lady Almoners looked after the deserving poor in hospitals and children were separated by the 11 plus into sheep and goats. Since then except for painless dentistry, he has seen little improvement.

Deserving poor ... heh

Great victory the other day, sir, against the detested Patriots. :thumbup:

Sir C
09-12-2017, 03:54 PM

Love the editor's bio:

Deserving poor ... heh

God no, we're all raving Commies these days, chief. Other opinions are streng verboten by the kinder, caring politics of Corbynism.

Victory to the proletariat!

Chief Arrowhead
09-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Great victory the other day, sir, against the detested Patriots. :thumbup:

Yes, that was fun wasn't it? I was on a beach vacation and received many kudos as I strolled the beach in my Chiefs hat! As if I did it...

Everyone hates the Pats and Brady these days.

Chief Arrowhead
09-12-2017, 05:37 PM
God no, we're all raving Commies these days, chief. Other opinions are streng verboten by the kinder, caring politics of Corbynism.

Victory to the proletariat!

Perhaps, but at times AWIMB can be a lone interweb outpost reflecting a more civilised, orderly time. Like a sentry in Rangoon circa 1942.

eastgermanautos
09-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Perhaps, but at times AWIMB can be a lone interweb outpost reflecting a more civilised, orderly time. Like a sentry in Rangoon circa 1942.

:nod: Yup. :thumbup:

redgunamo
09-12-2017, 08:26 PM
:nod: Yup. :thumbup:

It's probably the nicest thing anyone's ever said about us, isn't it.