PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm if it's true that Il Bacio has closed down?

Sir C
09-12-2017, 10:23 AM
:-( Everything changes. I hate change. I mean, it was shíte after the Poles took over, but still.

Used to get in there for 12 on a matchday. A Bloody Mary for the hangover, a bottle of Montepulciano and a pizza and in the Woodbine for 1. Good timez.

Pokster
09-12-2017, 10:25 AM
:-( Everything changes. I hate change. I mean, it was shíte after the Poles took over, but still.

Used to get in there for 12 on a matchday. A Bloody Mary for the hangover, a bottle of Montepulciano and a pizza and in the Woodbine for 1. Good timez.
:cloud9: Those were the days

PSRB
09-12-2017, 10:26 AM

I went once, interrupted beers mostly

HomerJ
09-12-2017, 10:27 AM
but I think it changed hands at least once before the closure.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 10:30 AM
but I think it changed hands at least once before the closure.

Changed hands after the Poles? It was the Poles who ruined it.

Maybe it will re-open as a new, properly authentic Tuscan enoteca. For the Islington luvvie market.

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 10:32 AM

:cloud9: I can remember at least one or two occasions pretty much going straight there from a night out. Ferrari pizza and a couple of Peronis just to ease you into a day of drinking. Shame we bothered with the football really

HomerJ
09-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Whole of last season certainly, and possibly the one before.

No idea - but I did start to avoid going there as it was not the same standard.

Nice little place just a few doors down mind!

Pat Vegas
09-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Changed hands after the Poles? It was the Poles who ruined it.

Maybe it will re-open as a new, properly authentic Tuscan enoteca. For the Islington luvvie market.

I hate pretendy Italian restaurants.

IUFG
09-12-2017, 10:36 AM

I always find Italian food a little, well, bland tbh.

I find most things need smothering in crushed chillies to come up to any sort of standard.

Il Bacio? meh! imo

Pat Vegas
09-12-2017, 10:38 AM
I always find Italian food a little, well, bland tbh.

I find most things need smothering in crushed chillies to come up to any sort of standard.

Il Bacio? meh! imo

It's trickier in Italy as you won't find any salt or pepper on the table.

IUFG
09-12-2017, 10:41 AM

No salt or pepper? madness.

Do they have any condiments available?

Sir C
09-12-2017, 10:43 AM
:cloud9: I can remember at least one or two occasions pretty much going straight there from a night out. Ferrari pizza and a couple of Peronis just to ease you into a day of drinking. Shame we bothered with the football really

My word yes. On occasion I confess the game sort of rushed past me in a bit of a blur.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 10:44 AM

It didn't used to be pretendy, it was really real. Even Ian Harvey used to admit that the risotta al mare was up to scratch.

SWv2
09-12-2017, 10:44 AM

What happens when you ask for chips with the lasagne?

SWv2
09-12-2017, 10:46 AM
It didn't used to be pretendy, it was really real. Even Ian Harvey used to admit that the risotta al mare was up to scratch.

To your face.

I expect he then went to the jacks and made himself sick in order to dispel it from his digestive system.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 10:48 AM
To your face.

I expect he then went to the jacks and made himself sick in order to dispel it from his digestive system.

He once invited me to his house for lunch pre-match. He made me a tuna steak with a mango and lime salsa.

A mango and lime salsa, sw.

SWv2
09-12-2017, 10:52 AM
He once invited me to his house for lunch pre-match. He made me a tuna steak with a mango and lime salsa.

A mango and lime salsa, sw.

How very Islington, very Arsenal, very IH. :hehe:

My pre-match sustenance involves a snatched something in Dublin Airport, perhaps a croissant if I am feeling European, then a burger/chips the moment the pub opens at 12 bells. No salsa of any sort.

Pat Vegas
09-12-2017, 10:55 AM
What happens when you ask for chips with the lasagne?

They pretend they frown upon this stuff but it's just a gimmick.

I had pizza with chips on top.

Pat Vegas
09-12-2017, 10:56 AM
No salt or pepper? madness.

Do they have any condiments available?

It's an insult to the cook.

Burney
09-12-2017, 11:01 AM

I do associate it with being brutally hungover, tbh. That was usually because I'd been drinking with you the night before.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 11:03 AM
I do associate it with being brutally hungover, tbh. That was usually because I'd been drinking with you the night before.

Yes, and generally having suffered a night lacking in sleep :-(

Pokster
09-12-2017, 11:25 AM

Yuk, we don't need to know about you and b having sexytime

Burney
09-12-2017, 11:32 AM

Yes. We were young, then, of course and could cope with such things. :old:

I remember once taking young E there before her first Arsenal game. She was only little.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 11:34 AM

I remember once taking young E there before her first Arsenal game. She was only little.

I saw her on Sunday. Made me feel very, very old :-(

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 11:37 AM

:hehe: always a good way to get kids on the straight and narrow. Exposure to the shattered figures of adults sitting around that table should have put her off alcohol for life, b

Burney
09-12-2017, 11:42 AM
I saw her on Sunday. Made me feel very, very old :-(

Tell me about it :-(

Yes, I heard young Moses behaved himself and was extra cute.

Burney
09-12-2017, 11:44 AM
:hehe: always a good way to get kids on the straight and narrow. Exposure to the shattered figures of adults sitting around that table should have put her off alcohol for life, b

Doesn't seem to have worked that way. Last time I saw her, she rinsed me for theee extremely expensive G & Ts.

By the way, it's absolutely pîssing down in Munchen right now. Or at least it is on the motorway from Augsburg to the airport.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Tell me about it :-(

Yes, I heard young Moses behaved himself and was extra cute.

Apparently he shíts a lot and his doings are repulsively stinky.

I can't say I'd noticed.

Burney
09-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Apparently he shíts a lot and his doings are repulsively stinky.

I can't say I'd noticed.

Yes, but you probably don't sleep in the same room as his litter tray, tbf.

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Doesn't seem to have worked that way. Last time I saw her, she rinsed me for theee extremely expensive G & Ts.

By the way, it's absolutely pîssing down in Munchen right now. Or at least it is on the motorway from Augsburg to the airport.

At least you tried.

Still just grey and overcast here at the moment. Does feel like it wants to piss down though. Almost as if it knows there is a big festival of some sort that takes place mostly outside coming up. How was Augsburg?

Burney
09-12-2017, 12:00 PM
At least you tried.

Still just grey and overcast here at the moment. Does feel like it wants to piss down though. Almost as if it knows there is a big festival of some sort that takes place mostly outside coming up. How was Augsburg?

Very nice. A pretty place. Although I stayed in what must be the town's ugliest building, the Dorint hotel.

Never ceases to shock me when I see people actually dress in Bavarian national costume unironically, though.

redgunamo
09-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Very nice. A pretty place. Although I stayed in what must be the town's ugliest building, the Dorint hotel.

Never ceases to shock me when I see people actually dress in Bavarian national costume unironically, though.

Did you meet these excellent fellows?

https://bnn.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SOA_2017_Augsburger_Puppenkiste_Lukas_und_Emma_im_ Museum___Foto_Die_Kiste-1-1200x831.jpg

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 12:05 PM

:( I have to buy Lederhosen for Saturday. I managed to last this long

SWv2
09-12-2017, 12:07 PM

No. You don't "have to".

You want to.

Burney
09-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Did you meet these excellent fellows?

https://bnn.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SOA_2017_Augsburger_Puppenkiste_Lukas_und_Emma_im_ Museum___Foto_Die_Kiste-1-1200x831.jpg

Yes, they're mad for sinister puppets, aren't they? Odd lot.

I also saw the world's first Diesel engine. How's that for impressive?

Burney
09-12-2017, 12:10 PM

Jesus, la. That's distressing on a number of levels, from the spiritual to the aesthetic. :-(

I demand you post pics, though, obvs.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 12:16 PM

Are there special leather pants for the outfit?

I'd imagine leather could be quite chafing.

SWv2
09-12-2017, 12:24 PM

Surely none at all in order to max out on the whole wrongness of the situation.

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 12:28 PM
No. You don't "have to".

You want to.
Well I've been invited to the Anstich - the tapping of the barrel for Oktoberfest. I could just wear a T-shirt and jeans but I would appear rather rude. Beside chicks love it

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Jesus, la. That's distressing on a number of levels, from the spiritual to the aesthetic. :-(

If you can't beat them, b, etc. I fear there will be pics floating around. I'll try and make sure there are women in dirndls in them to negate the upsetting effect

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 12:32 PM

There's all sorts of weirdness involved. I've been told by one expert that you have to get the Lederhosen tight so to avoid "looking as if you have just shat yourself"

redgunamo
09-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Well I've been invited to the Anstich - the tapping of the barrel for Oktoberfest. I could just wear a T-shirt and jeans but I would appear rather rude. Beside chicks love it

Right. You basically just have to think of it as fancy dress, in a very good cause.

Costs a bloody fortune though, considering it's supposedly peasant, or farm worker, attire. And as for the dirndl. Well ..

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Right. You basically just have to think of it as fancy dress, in a very good cause.

Costs a bloody fortune though, considering it's supposedly peasant, or farm worker, attire. And as for the dirndl. Well ..

:hide: Thank god for TK Maxx

SWv2
09-12-2017, 12:35 PM

Quite sure Sir C will lecture you on what is expected from an Englishman abroad and all that.

People died, and indeed voted for Brexit, to stop this type of messing.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Quite sure Sir C will lecture you on what is expected from an Englishman abroad and all that.

People died, and indeed voted for Brexit, to stop this type of messing.

Well, quite. I'd be inclined to wear the uniform of a group captain in Bomber Command. Circa 1944. Just to remind the cheeky fúckers who they're dealing with.

World's End Stella
09-12-2017, 12:49 PM

Hope so, it was pretty **** and more importantly, it represented a decay in the match day experience of the time.

There was a time when it was all blokes in the Woodbine getting hammered and talking rubbish about the football (mostly Anaconda, of course) which was a proper pre-match experience.

Then certain people began inviting their birds along and the next thing you know half the people are sat in a dodgy Italian ordering risotto.

It was the beginning of the end imo.

Burney
09-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Hope so, it was pretty **** and more importantly, it represented a decay in the match day experience of the time.

There was a time when it was all blokes in the Woodbine getting hammered and talking rubbish about the football (mostly Anaconda, of course) which was a proper pre-match experience.

Then certain people began inviting their birds along and the next thing you know half the people are sat in a dodgy Italian ordering risotto.

It was the beginning of the end imo.

Don't worry, WES. We could still hear what you were saying from the other side of the Blackstock Road. :thumbup:

World's End Stella
09-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Don't worry, WES. We could still hear what you were saying from the other side of the Blackstock Road. :thumbup:

:hehe:

If you were honest, Burney, you would admit that every minute in Il Bacio was a minute not in the pub and it irked you. :nod:

I know this because you told me so. :-)

PSRB
09-12-2017, 01:40 PM

of the chicks, clearly!

Burney
09-12-2017, 01:41 PM
:hehe:

If you were honest, Burney, you would admit that every minute in Il Bacio was a minute not in the pub and it irked you. :nod:

I know this because you told me so. :-)

It did sometimes because I'd just be getting a nice hangover-recovery buzz on and then have to decamp to the restaurant to eat food :-(

However, this did probably save me from becoming extremely drunk pre-game. Indeed, I remember one such occasion where I did get absolutely broken at the Woodbine on a combination of no sleep, Sir C's medicaments and far, far too much ale and ended up staggering down the Blackstock Rd.

Burney
09-12-2017, 01:50 PM
of the chicks, clearly!

Come now, psrb! Surely we all long to see la in indecently tight leather shorts?

PSRB
09-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Come now, psrb! Surely we all long to see la in indecently tight leather shorts?

Not really sure I do, b

eastgermanautos
09-12-2017, 02:02 PM

Yeah, and Cafe Orlin is closing in New York City. Effing sucks.

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Not really sure I do, b

I can't say I'm a little hurt, p. I reckon you won't mind the ones of our work outing though ;)

World's End Stella
09-12-2017, 02:03 PM
It did sometimes because I'd just be getting a nice hangover-recovery buzz on and then have to decamp to the restaurant to eat food :-(

However, this did probably save me from becoming extremely drunk pre-game. Indeed, I remember one such occasion where I did get absolutely broken at the Woodbine on a combination of no sleep, Sir C's medicaments and far, far too much ale and ended up staggering down the Blackstock Rd.

Why would you want to saved from that, Burney? Great days. :cloud9:

Plus, we all know what the problem is and what the solution is.

NWAF

PSRB
09-12-2017, 02:03 PM
I can't say I'm a little hurt, p. I reckon you won't mind the ones of our work outing though ;)

Clearly, I need to see them in order to judge, la