PDA

View Full Version : Advice for the Doncaster game

NZgunner
09-12-2017, 09:08 AM
I'm taking the boy (10 years old) to the mid-week game against Doncaster.

We've got tickets in the upper tier, block 114.

It's a 19.45 pm kick-off, so what time do you reckon we should aim to get to the stadium (we'll be coming up the Piccadilly Line and getting off at Arsenal station)?

We're on holiday so can get there at any time.

Sir C
09-12-2017, 09:11 AM

It's a 19.45 pm kick-off, so what time do you reckon we should aim to get to the stadium (we'll be coming up the Piccadilly Line and getting off at Arsenal station)?

If you arrive at the turnstile at 19:35 you'll be in your seat by 19:45.

Do not, under any circumstances, be tempted to try the 'beer'.

Pat Vegas

People usually turn up near kick off time or even a bit later for evening games.

If you want a bit more time to experience the 'atmosphere' take some photos eat something and perhaps pop in the shop get there around 6:30pm
It really doesn't take long to get inside the stadium.

SWv2

About 21:00 hours.

Pokster

5 minute walk to get in the stadium.... being a 10 yr old you will have to add on an hour for shopping, another 20 mins for burger and coke and 5 minutes for him to realise he needs the loo just before the game starts.

Get there for lunchtime imo

redgunamo
09-12-2017, 09:12 AM
About 21:00 hours.

:drunkard:

SWv2
09-12-2017, 09:16 AM
5 minute walk to get in the stadium.... being a 10 yr old you will have to add on an hour for shopping, another 20 mins for burger and coke and 5 minutes for him to realise he needs the loo just before the game starts.

Get there for lunchtime imo

Better off feeding the kid in one of the many food options in advance of the Arsenal experience, pizza on Upper Street has always worked for me.

2 bags of sweets/jellies for £1 on Drayton Park to keep him occupied during the game and the plan is a good one.

Luis Anaconda
09-12-2017, 09:24 AM
:drunkard:
Yes? What can I do for you?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-12-2017, 10:17 AM
Yes. 6.30 for the "experience" or 7.30 if you want to get straight to the action.

There are some decent places to eat on Blackstock Road as well.

IUFG
09-12-2017, 10:40 AM
There are some decent places to eat on Blackstock Road as well.

Is Desh still open on Highbury Park?

It is a little pokey and spit and sawdust standard, but did a mean Chicken Bengal... and you could take your own booze in

Ash
09-12-2017, 11:48 AM

It can take ages to get in the ground these days with security checks. Especially if the gate you are queueing for is staffed by a man who likes to spend plenty of time sexually assaulting each of his victims, as was the case in my queue on saturday. I was wondering how many times he had to run his hands up and down my thighs before deciding that there was no bomb there.

Your son will be ok though, as they are only allowed to sexually assault adults.

There are seperate queues for people with bags, which have to be emptied out onto a table, so you might be unlucky enough to witness some smelly antipodean packbacker's underpants.

So get there a lot earlier than the few minutes before that some have suggested.

NZgunner
09-13-2017, 03:45 AM
Thanks everyone.

Even though it is only the Carabao Cup, the last time I saw the Arsenal in person was from the North Bank back in 1991 - a 2-2 draw with Citeh - so I'm pretty excited.

Sir C
09-13-2017, 07:00 AM
Thanks everyone.

Even though it is only the Carabao Cup, the last time I saw the Arsenal in person was from the North Bank back in 1991 - a 2-2 draw with Citeh - so I'm pretty excited.

Enjoy your trip, old chap. Hope they put on a decent show for you.

Tony C
09-13-2017, 07:24 AM
Order the Chicken Balti Pie when you're there

Mo Britain less Europe
09-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Is Desh still open on Highbury Park?

It is a little pokey and spit and sawdust standard, but did a mean Chicken Bengal... and you could take your own booze in

I'm a Yildiz man myself.