PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kilbane questions whether Bellerin is good enough for Arsenal.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-11-2017, 02:56 PM
I kid you not.

Pat Vegas
09-11-2017, 02:57 PM
I kid you not.

Perhaps he is not as good as he seems Mo.

SWv2
09-11-2017, 02:59 PM
I kid you not.

To be fair to ZK more than a few questions have been raised about the young Spaniard of late.

Wenger chose to play AOC ahead of him you may recall.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-11-2017, 03:02 PM
That was the final proof for me that Arsene is going senile.

Tony C
09-11-2017, 03:07 PM
The problem here is that Kilbane has overrated us :(

Bellerin is probably at the level we're at now.

World's End Stella
09-11-2017, 03:09 PM
I kid you not.

He has a point, at least when Hector is played as a wing back on the left side.

Then again, what kind of idiot would do something like that, eh? :rolleyes:

redgunamo
09-11-2017, 03:21 PM
To be fair to ZK more than a few questions have been raised about the young Spaniard of late.

Zinedine was overrated anyway, imo. Both of them.

SWv2
09-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Zinedine was overrated anyway, imo. Both of them.

Wash your mouth out pal.

ZZ was a legend, I could watch him all day long and I will have you know I know a lad who plays 5 a side the odd time with ZK and by all accounts it is near impossible to get the ball off the fúcker.

Ash
09-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Wash your mouth out pal.

ZZ was a legend, I could watch him all day long and I will have you know I know a lad who plays 5 a side the odd time with ZK and by all accounts it is near impossible to get the ball off the fúcker.

It seems that just about any 'journyman pro' is transformed into a technical wizard when striding amongst mere mortals. Clearly the game at That Level is harder than it looks.

Ash
09-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Wash your mouth out pal.

You are helping to fill the Jorge-shaped hole in our lives. Footballistically, of course.

redgunamo
09-11-2017, 03:34 PM
It seems that just about any 'journyman pro' is transformed into a technical wizard when striding amongst mere mortals. Clearly the game at That Level is harder than it looks.

That's right. It's like playing football with your 4-5 year-old sons.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-11-2017, 03:34 PM

Or, alternatively, Wenger felt that Bellerin is so much better than our other left backs, Wenger played Bellerin there.

redgunamo
09-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Wash your mouth out pal.

No offence, of course, but if Zidane played for us, he'd be Aaron Ramsey. A hundred or so goals, wasn't it? For the world's best player? An attacking midfielder? We'd be better off with Frank Lampard.

SWv2
09-11-2017, 03:44 PM
You are helping to fill the Jorge-shaped hole in our lives. Footballistically, of course.

Thank you.

I think.

SWv2
09-11-2017, 03:53 PM

Well it is vitally important to accept and realise just how good these lads are, even the **** ones.

I played with and against quite a few lads who were at various times employed by clubs, but of course did not ultimately make it (the ones in the UK that is, I would play with some ex-LOI players here from time to time).

Even then they stand out.

Bergkamp Was Best
09-12-2017, 08:44 AM
I kid you not.

Bellerin is the defending equivalent of Theo Walcott - lot's of pace with average technical ability...and he's a very average defender.

If Barca want to pay £30m+ for him then I'll personally drive him to the airport :driving:

Pokster
09-12-2017, 09:04 AM
That's right. It's like playing football with your 4-5 year-old sons.

My 6 yr old must be ZZ then... or i am just too old to get it off him

redgunamo
09-12-2017, 09:11 AM
My 6 yr old must be ZZ then... or i am just too old to get it off him

You're obviously too old, and dare I say it, too rubbish.

Pokster
09-12-2017, 09:13 AM
You're obviously too old, and dare I say it, too rubbish.

Not in my head I'm not...... I'd rather believe he is brilliant and that he will become a world star... i, obviously, will be a pushy parent who tells every youth coach that they are crap and he should be the star player.

PSRB
09-12-2017, 09:15 AM
Well it is vitally important to accept and realise just how good these lads are, even the **** ones.

I played with and against quite a few lads who were at various times employed by clubs, but of course did not ultimately make it (the ones in the UK that is, I would play with some ex-LOI players here from time to time).

Even then they stand out.

:nod: the less famous BiL is still ridiculously good, even with a ****ed knee

SWv2
09-12-2017, 09:18 AM
:nod: the less famous BiL is still ridiculously good, even with a ****ed knee

You have two BIL's involved in the game, this is news to me?

Of course you are superbly placed to see this. It's almost as if the fact they spent almost every day practising with a ball at their feet has some kind of prolonged impact.

redgunamo
09-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Not in my head I'm not...... I'd rather believe he is brilliant and that he will become a world star... i, obviously, will be a pushy parent who tells every youth coach that they are crap and he should be the star player.

Best of luck to you then. I would only add that you must let him go with it as far as he wants and as far as you can. They say playing football is the best job in the world and after he's done with it, there'll still be plenty of time to do something boring for the rest of his working life.

Pokster
09-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Best of luck to you then. I would only add that you must let him go with it as far as he wants and as far as you can. They say playing football is the best job in the world and after he's done with it, there'll still be plenty of time to do something boring for the rest of his working life.

I would never push him (or any of the kids i coach), you want them to enjoy it first and then they will improve anyway.

Saying thaty he plays up a yr and is head and shoulders above the other kids he plays against, but have seen that before and in a few years most get caught up

PSRB
09-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Yes, t'other one played for Stoke (well, was there but never played as Lou Macari always played his son instead), Shrewsbury, Accrington Stanley and then down various other lesser sides