PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's match. He's going to rest all of the ones he intends

Billy Goat Sverige
09-11-2017, 11:17 AM
to start at Chelsea isn't he? Can't really blame him if he does, Chelsea have two extra days off/to prepare.

SWv2
09-11-2017, 11:25 AM
to start at Chelsea isn't he? Can't really blame him if he does, Chelsea have two extra days off/to prepare.

May depend if we are at home or away. Are we at home or away?

IUFG
09-11-2017, 11:26 AM

home, I think.

Billy Goat Sverige
09-11-2017, 11:27 AM

At home. How does this sway your thinking?

Sir C
09-11-2017, 11:27 AM

If he rests the first Xl against Koln we will het humped.

Are we playing Koln?

Tony C
09-11-2017, 11:28 AM
I'd imagine...

Ooooooooospinaaaaa in goal...his best position

Reeses Chocolate - right wing back

Chambers
Mertersacker
Holding

Debuchy - left wing back...might as well

Elneny - Defensive midfield
Maitland Niles - Defensive midfield

iWobi - AM
Walcott AM

Giroud - striker

Billy Goat Sverige
09-11-2017, 11:30 AM

Are we playing Koln?

Really? You don't think this sort of team would be able to get a win (I'm no expert on Köln fwiw).

Ospina, Maitland-Niles, Holding, Mertesacker, Chambers, Monreal, Elneny, Wilshere, Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud

SWv2
09-11-2017, 11:31 AM
home, I think.

No excuse then for not playing some of the perceived first 11. Of course there will be changes but he has kind of put himself in a rather fúcked up scenario where almost every bad result is seen as the end of the world.

Pick a very weakened side and get anything less than a win and the pressure then just multiplies for what is already a tricky assignment on the weekend.

Sir C
09-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Really? You don't think this sort of team would be able to get a win (I'm no expert on Köln fwiw).

Ospina, Maitland-Niles, Holding, Mertesacker, Chambers, Monreal, Elneny, Wilshere, Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud

I'm no expert on Koln either, but they're clearly a decent Bundesliga team, and sending out 11 lads who have never played together before as a team is asking for an absolute hiding.

Billy Goat Sverige
I'm no expert on Koln either, but they're clearly a decent Bundesliga team, and sending out 11 lads who have never played together before as a team is asking for an absolute hiding.

They play together every day on the training pitch.

SWv2

Are we playing Koln?

I think Koln were bottom of the Bundesliga last time I checked (which was Friday).

Tony C
09-11-2017, 11:33 AM
lol it's the Europa League...only Seville take it seriously from game 1

Sir C
09-11-2017, 11:36 AM
They play together every day on the training pitch.

I'm not sure it's quite the same.

Sir C
09-11-2017, 11:37 AM
I think Koln were bottom of the Bundesliga last time I checked (which was Friday).

Oh. They must have been alright last season, surely?

Pokster
09-11-2017, 11:37 AM

They have lost all of their league matches this season... that ends my Koln database

Sir C
09-11-2017, 11:38 AM
They have lost all of their league matches this season... that ends my Koln database

Well in that case they're due a win :-(

PSRB
09-11-2017, 11:41 AM
lol it's the Europa League...only Seville take it seriously from game 1

We do actually have a genuine chance of winning this.......

IUFG
09-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Megalolz, etc ;-)

Viva Prat Vegas
09-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Spurs will drop down from the CL and knock us out

SWv2
09-11-2017, 11:49 AM

That's the spirit.

Ash
09-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Their first European match for 25 years according to my Koln-supporting chum who wanted me to get him a ticket. I found him a ticket but he had to drive here from Germany on the day and back the same night so I talked him out of it for the sake of his three-week old daughter.

PSRB
09-11-2017, 11:58 AM

:hehe: quite

SWv2
09-11-2017, 12:00 PM
Their first European match for 25 years according to my Koln-supporting chum who wanted me to get him a ticket. I found him a ticket but he had to drive here from Germany on the day and back the same night so I talked him out of it for the sake of his three-week old daughter.

No beer then?

Weird.

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Oh. They must have been alright last season, surely?

Lost their top striker to China in the summer - can't buy a goal (will obviously score on Thursday). Lost 3-0 to Augsburg at the weekend with the rather wonderfully named Alfred Finnbogason scoring a hat-trick. Comfortable win for us

Sir C
09-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Lost their top striker to China in the summer - can't buy a goal (will obviously score on Thursday). Lost 3-0 to Augsburg at the weekend with the rather wonderfully named Alfred Finnbogason scoring a hat-trick. Comfortable win for us

ty la.

We can close this thread now, everyone. la has spoken.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-11-2017, 12:09 PM

:hehe:

Have another joint C

Ash
09-11-2017, 12:15 PM

Can't believe you didn't mention this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdpTTUahcw

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Can't believe you didn't mention this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdpTTUahcw
:clap: I knew the name rang a bell

redgunamo
09-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Chelsea have two extra days off/to prepare.

That's our best chance of beating them, imo :-|

Mo Britain less Europe
09-11-2017, 01:47 PM
He will start with a mixture of bench and squad players, maybe use a couple of guys like Kolasinac or Bellerin who don't need much rest and have the likes of Sanchez on the bench in case they are needed.

Losing this game wouldn't kill our chances of going through but losing at Chelsea (which will probably happen anyway seeing as they have the easiest of games at home in the CL) will leave us uncomfortably close to the relegation zone with more than an eighth of the games played.