PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe the amount of debate around that

Billy Goat Sverige
09-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Mane red card. I think it was one of the more obvious red card decisions you'll see in a football match.

Pokster
09-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Mane red card. I think it was one of the more obvious red card decisions you'll see in a football match.

Agreed... go in studs up knee high and catch the player and you are likely to be off..... head high studs showing (and catch him in the face) and there is no choice.

PSRB
09-11-2017, 09:43 AM

van Persie got that red vs Barcelona years ago for a far less obviously dangerous one

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-11-2017, 09:50 AM
van Persie got that red vs Barcelona years ago for a less obviously dangerous one

I think it was against PSV or Feyenoord?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-11-2017, 09:50 AM

Wasn't clear in real time as you don't see but very clear on the replay. wd ref for being in the right place for seeing that.

PSRB
09-11-2017, 09:51 AM

Was it? I was sure it was yet another robbery against Barca. :old:

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2017, 09:52 AM

Can't believe people have forgotten the mighty Thun that quickly

Sir C
09-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Can't believe people have forgotten the mighty Thun that quickly

Dennis saving our blushes by chopping the centre half's legs off at the ankle :hehe:

Where have you been?

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Dennis saving our blushes by chopping the centre half's legs off at the ankle :hehe:

Where have you been?
Even his fouling was classy.

Just been enjoying a break now all this football nonsense has started up again

Mo Britain less Europe
09-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Was it? I was sure it was yet another robbery against Barca. :old:

The Barcelona red card was for playing the ball after the referee had blown even though the whistle was clearly inaudible.

The Mane card is questioned because he plays for Liverpool and the media is stuffed with scousers.

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2017, 10:24 AM
The Barcelona red card was for playing the ball after the referee had blown even though the whistle was clearly inaudible.

The Mane card is questioned because he plays for Liverpool and the media is stuffed with scousers.

Yes - the debate was led by that well-known Liverpool lover Gary Neville :hehe:

Mo Britain less Europe
09-11-2017, 10:27 AM

Carragher, Owen, McManaman and Thompson were all at it.

Luis Anaconda
09-11-2017, 10:29 AM

And are all full of it but that wasn't what fueled the debate. Lineker was another one saying it wasn't a red. God knows why

PSRB
09-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Neville had somewhat painted himself into a corner by lambasting the decision and then being a stubborn arse when the replays showed it had to be a red.

redgunamo
09-11-2017, 10:33 AM
And are all full of it but that wasn't what fueled the debate. Lineker was another one saying it wasn't a red. God knows why

Strikers, you see. No idea about the spirit of the game.

World's End Stella
09-11-2017, 11:48 AM
These sorts of red cards always cause a debate like this because everyone who has ever played the game knows that they almost certainly would have done what Mane did. It wasn't in any way malicious, it was just unlucky and given the number of malicious tackles that don't get a red, one like that always gets a bit of sympathy. I remember enjoying tremendously the red card given to Nani (I think) thereby knocking ManU out of the CL in Ferguson's last season.

It was less of a red card but, like Mane's, a red card nonetheless.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-11-2017, 12:08 PM

To be fair, Carragher did say it was a red during the half time analysis

Mo Britain less Europe
09-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Backtracked sort of, after the 90 minutes.

redgunamo
09-11-2017, 01:57 PM
These sorts of red cards always cause a debate like this because everyone who has ever played the game knows that they almost certainly would have done what Mane did. It wasn't in any way malicious, it was just unlucky and given the number of malicious tackles that don't get a red, one like that always gets a bit of sympathy. I remember enjoying tremendously the red card given to Nani (I think) thereby knocking ManU out of the CL in Ferguson's last season.

It was less of a red card but, like Mane's, a red card nonetheless.

That's right, I think; if it's my striker, I want him to go for that ball and damn the consequences. Or at least, take a chance on the officials' judgement. And score obviously. On the other hand, if it's my goalkeeper, I want the forward sent off, banned and warned as to his future conduct :-)