PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad window overall.

Billy Goat Sverige
09-01-2017, 08:05 AM
We could've done with another midfielder but our squad is decent otherwise. We managed to keep our two "world class" players, added two good players and got rid of quite a lot of ********s. Now all we need to do is go back to the old formation and play the best players in their proper positions.

Next summer we're ****ed though.

World's End Stella
09-01-2017, 08:19 AM
We could've done with another midfielder but our squad is decent otherwise. We managed to keep our two "world class" players, added two good players and got rid of quite a lot of ********s. Now all we need to do is go back to the old formation and play the best players in their proper positions.

Yes, the other things that everyone wanted - a new CB and a new CM - would require Wenger to admit that his current options aren't good enough and that was never going to happen. Ramsey straight back into the team against Bournemouth, nailed on.

Next summer Ozil and Sanchez will be off and with the current manager in place we will be well and truly shagged. The only hope for optimism is a truly awful season that sees Wenger resign at the end of it and we get a new manager who can get the best out of the players we have and possibly spend some money next summer.

Pat Vegas
09-01-2017, 08:22 AM

:nod: If Sanchez plays like he can we'll be fine.
Hopefully Wenger will stop pissing about now making strange tactical decisions.

even if Kos is injured I would hope Holding and Mustafi would be more than enough.
However with wengers ideas who knows.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-01-2017, 08:32 AM
It's a bad window because our squad has not been reinforced and because there has been no forward planning for next summer's exodus.

In football terms it could have been worse if we'd lost Alexis without a replacement.

The great beneficiary could be Alex Iwobi.

Pat Vegas
09-01-2017, 08:33 AM
It's a bad window because our squad has not been reinforced and because there has been no forward planning for next summer's exodus.

In football terms it could have been worse if we'd lost Alexis without a replacement.

The great beneficiary could be Alex Iwobi.

Is Jack still with us?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Yes. Suspended.

Sir C
09-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Yes. Suspended.

Suspension only counts for U23 fixtures.

redgunamo
09-01-2017, 08:52 AM

Good God! Did you get out of bed on the wrong side?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-01-2017, 09:15 AM

That's all he's going to get for quite a while.

Tony C
09-01-2017, 11:11 AM
it's weaker team than last season and Alexis can't be trusted anymore.

The club are lucky that's an international break...gives the fans a chance to calm down

SWv2
09-01-2017, 12:35 PM

As has been the case before I think it is a B-, good but could and should have been better.

The last week or so was a fúcking circus and the manner in which Sanchez has been made stay is surely not ideal for either party.

Ash
09-01-2017, 12:37 PM
As has been the case before I think it is a B-, good but could and should have been better.

The last week or so was a fúcking circus and the manner in which Sanchez has been made stay is surely not ideal for either party.

That B- rather generous imo. Our midfield has not been strengthened. Weakened, one might even argue, in terms of numbers.

SWv2
09-01-2017, 12:40 PM
That B- rather generous imo. Our midfield has not been strengthened. Weakened, one might even argue, in terms of numbers.

Yes possibly or indeed probably.

Yesterday, if we are to believe the sequence of events as told, was a bit of a balls up. I am of the personal opinion that keeping a disenchanted player is not healthy.

redgunamo
09-01-2017, 12:43 PM

Alexis will be fine, I think.

But regarding other areas of the team, imagine if we had a real football genius of a Sporting Director working alongside Wenger; a Capello, say. Or Monty. And he knew fully well that Wenger was in charge of tactics, selection and preparation, would he even bother trying to strengthen the squad? Surely he'd just accept that simply buying more and better players wouldn't actually change anything, wouldn't he? He'd just pocket his bonus share of the surplus cash and keep quiet.

Ash
09-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Yesterday, if we are to believe the sequence of events as told, was a bit of a balls up. I am of the personal opinion that keeping a disenchanted player is not healthy.

A farce, really. If the players really wanted AS7 gone as has been reported there is a case for selling, but the inevitable shítstorm required a big replacement. Obviously just the three months to sort that out wasn't quite enough.

Sir C
09-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Yes possibly or indeed probably.

Fear not. All we need do is stay in touch until Christmas, when the return of Wilshere and Cazorla will give us the push we need to complete the run for the title :champions:

Ash
09-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Alexis will be fine, I think.

But regarding other areas of the team, imagine if we had a real football genius of a Sporting Director working alongside Wenger; a Capello, say. Or Monty. And he knew fully well that Wenger was in charge of tactics, selection and preparation, would he even bother trying to strengthen the squad? Surely he'd just accept that simply buying more and better players wouldn't actually change anything, wouldn't he? He'd just pocket his bonus share of the surplus cash and keep quiet.

Perhaps players brought in outside of AW's choice are the ones that get ignored, shunned and rejected whether they are any good or not. I don't see them in training every day blah blah but Perez and even Campbell didn't strike me as being any worse particularly than the rest of the little shít****s that banter us off with regular awayday thrashings.

Tony C
09-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Alexis had agreed terms with City, passed his medical and did a photo shoot in a City top...him and City were just waiting for the Lamar deal to go through.

He's going to be useless for the next month or so while he processes and vibes to terms with what happened.

SWv2
09-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Fear not. All we need do is stay in touch until Christmas, when the return of Wilshere and Cazorla will give us the push we need to complete the run for the title :champions:

I have no doubt we shall recover however I think we have perhaps fallen further behind than we ended last season, albeit with 2 additions.

redgunamo
09-01-2017, 01:29 PM
A farce, really. If the players really wanted AS7 gone as has been reported there is a case for selling, but the inevitable shítstorm required a big replacement. Obviously just the three months to sort that out wasn't quite enough.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to allow the players to pick the team in any case.

redgunamo
09-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Alexis had agreed terms with City, passed his medical and did a photo shoot in a City top...him and City were just waiting for the Lamar deal to go through.

He's going to be useless for the next month or so while he processes and vibes to terms with what happened.

He's furious apparently.

Good. He can take his frustrations out on the rest of the league.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Doncaster are very, very worried.

Ash
09-01-2017, 01:39 PM
I'm not sure it's a good idea to allow the players to pick the team in any case.

Probably no worse than allowing the state of contract negotiations to pick the team tbh.

Tony C
09-01-2017, 01:49 PM
The players are pu ssies mate.

Look at Giroud, Kos and Laca...couldn't talk Lamar around.

If they wanted Alexis out they should've gone all Full Metsl Jacket on him and beaten him with a soap bar in their socks :nod:

I think this is why Ramsey says Kos ain't a real captain.

redgunamo
09-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Probably no worse than allowing the state of contract negotiations to pick the team tbh.

It's a good point. Do you think we'd have won otherwise? If not, then maybe the match was a bit of a free hit. Albeit a most bitter one for all of the Arsenal persuasion.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-01-2017, 01:51 PM
The players are pu ssies mate.

Look at Giroud, Kos and Laca...couldn't talk Lamar around.

If they wanted Alexis out they should've gone all Full Metsl Jacket on him and beaten him with a soap bar in their socks :nod:

I think this is why Ramsey says Kos ain't a real captain.

Giroud wanted to go to Everton. His wife vetoed it.

Peter
09-01-2017, 01:51 PM

You mean by trying to persuade a guy who wants to play in midfield to stay by picking him as a wing back?

Ash
09-01-2017, 02:09 PM
You mean by trying to persuade a guy who wants to play in midfield to stay by picking him as a wing back?

:hehe: Yep. Stroke of genius, that.

redgunamo
09-01-2017, 02:14 PM

Surely we were already trying to persuade him to leave by that point?

redgunamo
09-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Giroud wanted to go to Everton. His wife vetoed it.

Getting Mme. Giroud to pick the team is clearly the way to go then. Silly boy, Olivier.

eastgermanautos
09-01-2017, 02:30 PM
He's furious apparently.

Good. He can take his frustrations out on the rest of the league.

I'm getting a little sick of Sanchez's emotions. To think that we even considered letting him go is an insult. He was a second stringer at Barca, we turned his career around. He can chill the hell out and not be a little rat.

But really, we should at least have gotten Mahrez. That's what rankles.