PDA

View Full Version : Some Spurs fans unhappy with signing Aurier as he may be a homo

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 11:42 AM
-phobe. Anyone know anything about this :shrug:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-31-2017, 11:43 AM

Thought he slapped a policeman about?

Sir C
08-31-2017, 11:44 AM

I know nothing of this, but I confess I'd be amazed if Spurs fans objected to homophobia. They're not exactly woke in Enfield, are they?

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 11:47 AM
I know nothing of this, but I confess I'd be amazed if Spurs fans objected to homophobia. They're not exactly woke in Enfield, are they?

What does "woke" mean? :-(

Monty92
08-31-2017, 11:48 AM

He once called Laurent Blanc a bum-bandit during a training ground spat.

To be fair, he does have a bum-bandit-ey name.

Sir C
08-31-2017, 11:50 AM

You know, down with the pooves and darkies and transers and all that. Lefty, really.

Monty92
08-31-2017, 11:51 AM

It means being sensitive to social injustice, structural inequality and prejudice.

I don't think you can be woke, because you're black, but Charlie - a straight white male - could be woke about the prejudice you endure for being black.

I'm not sure If I can be woke :rubchin:

Monty92
08-31-2017, 11:52 AM

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sir C
08-31-2017, 11:53 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the eyes of the left you're nothing but a dirty Palestinian-oppressing Zionist. There is no question of woke as far as you're concerned.

Monty92
08-31-2017, 11:59 AM
In the eyes of the left you're nothing but a dirty Palestinian-oppressing Zionist. There is no question of woke as far as you're concerned.

Yes, but how does this explain your own anti-Semitism towards me, given you're a man of the right?

SWv2
08-31-2017, 12:01 PM
Yes, but how does this explain your own anti-Semitism towards me, given you're a man of the right?

He's a pure racist.

You have to see the abuse he gives me and people from my country.

Barely a gentleman in fact.

Sir C
08-31-2017, 12:03 PM

My anti-semitism towards you isn't actually anti-semitism. I simply use your semitism as a stick with which to beat you, despite being, in general, a fan of the semitics. Well, the jewy sort, anyway.

Please don't be offended by my anti-semitism; it's nothing general, it's purely personal. :thumbup:

Sir C
08-31-2017, 12:04 PM
He's a pure racist.

Bandying such accusations could land you in a lot of trouble, sw. Take care.

Being drunk won't always work as a defence.

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 12:08 PM
He once called Laurent Blanc a bum-bandit during a training ground spat.

To be fair, he does have a bum-bandit-ey name.

Well, quite. Surely even he can see the justice in this.

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 12:09 PM
Bandying such accusations could land you in a lot of trouble, sw. Take care.

Being drunk won't always work as a defence.

That reminds me, I haven't had a drink for ages. Even went to church this morning, had a decent suit on too.

PSRB
08-31-2017, 12:19 PM

He's a grade B loon, not quite on a Balotelli level

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 12:20 PM
He's a grade B loon, not quite on a Balotelli level

Let's hope he's ended up in the right place :-)

Peter
08-31-2017, 12:26 PM

I'm from Enfield. So was Phil Tufnell. And Brucey. And Cat Stevens.

How much more woke can you get.....

Peter
08-31-2017, 12:28 PM
He's a pure racist.

And my borough. He is just dripping with prejudice, you see.

Me, I love the irish. It makes me sick, the kind of stuff he says to you.

Some of it well founded of course, as with all stereotypes. ;)

SWv2
08-31-2017, 12:51 PM
That reminds me, I haven't had a drink for ages. Even went to church this morning, had a decent suit on too.

Sorry for your loss R.

SWv2
08-31-2017, 12:53 PM
And my borough. He is just dripping with prejudice, you see.

Me, I love the irish. It makes me sick, the kind of stuff he says to you.

Some of it well founded of course, as with all stereotypes. ;)

I listened to Room to Roam just yesterday.

While I would readily accept it is no FB I would still urge you to cast away your blinkered and almost childlike sense of musical appreciation and give it another go.

Sir C
08-31-2017, 12:55 PM

While I would readily accept it is no FB I would still urge you to cast away your blinkered and almost childlike sense of musical appreciation and give it another go.

I love Room To Roam but it does have a couple of clunkers.

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 12:57 PM
Sorry for your loss R.

No such luck, I'm afraid. First day of school today for the last bairn. Foreigners always make a really big deal out of it. The whole family is rounded up to attend and there's a party and presents and sweets and a knife & fork lunch and allsorts. And a service too, of course.

When I was a kid, your father basically just told you to fúck off out of the house :shrug:

SWv2
08-31-2017, 01:01 PM
I love Room To Roam but it does have a couple of clunkers.

Of course, as I say, no FB.

Pedro trashed it in the past. Key word there being Pedro.

Tony C
08-31-2017, 01:03 PM
I think there was an instagram of him in an Arsenal shirt with a message - one day my dream will come through

Or something to that effect

Probably why he's labelled a batty boy

Sir C
08-31-2017, 01:09 PM
Of course, as I say, no FB.

Pedro trashed it in the past. Key word there being Pedro.

You're aware, of course, that he has dissed Bruce? On these very pages, as well.

The man is little better than a savage.

Ash
08-31-2017, 01:16 PM

Blimey, do you not read comments on right-wing websites? Leftist objection to policies of the Israeli government is parish council stuff compared to the 'Great Joo Conspiracy' to enslave us all. You personally invented every facet of evil left wing politics according to some of these people.

Not saying that Sir C is one of that sort, of course. We all know his racism is just edgy bantz. And intrinsic to white, right-wing DNA, of course.

SWv2
08-31-2017, 01:17 PM
Blimey, do you not read comments on right-wing websites? Leftist objection to policies of the Israeli government is parish council stuff compared to the 'Great Joo Conspiracy' to enslave us all. You personally invented every facet of evil left wing politics according to some of these people.

Not saying that Sir C is one of that sort, of course. We all know his racism is just edgy bantz. And intrinsic to white, right-wing DNA, of course.

Still hurtful.

Ash
08-31-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm from Enfield. So was Phil Tufnell. And Brucey. And Cat Stevens.

How much more woke can you get.....

Phil Tufnell, Barry Norman, John Moss, Clive Sinclair and Joe Cole

all went to Highgate School.

Monty92
08-31-2017, 01:25 PM
Yes, I'm aware that anti-semitism is alive and well among the far right who consider us globalists who broke the seal on mass immigration and multi-culturalism after ww2.

They've got a point, to be fair.

I literally deserve to be gassed, Jeff :-(

Sir C
08-31-2017, 01:27 PM
Still hurtful.

:hehe: Like you have a heart or soul capable of feeling emotion :hehe: :deadinside:

Burney
08-31-2017, 01:29 PM
Yes, I'm aware that anti-semitism is alive and well among the far right who consider us globalists who broke the seal on immigration and multi-culturalism.

They've got a point, to be fair.

I literally deserve to be gassed, Jeff :-(

Yeah. George Soros really doesn't help with all that. You chaps really need to have a word with him.

Peter
08-31-2017, 01:33 PM

I know that album back to front. Did you notice Ellie Goulding doing a sneaky cover version from it?

Some of it is really good, some of it is hastily put together rubbish and some of it is just a glorified pub session. Fun, but hardly a work of art.

It feels unfinished and, actually, it kind of is. The big rolling band had dispersed before he finished the album so some of it was completed by him on his own.

It sounds like the end of an era and it was. I dont dislike it, I just think he had tired out his muse before it was finished. I will also listen to anything he produces.

SWv2
08-31-2017, 01:37 PM
I know that album back to front. Did you notice Ellie Goulding doing a sneaky cover version from it?

Some of it is really good, some of it is hastily put together rubbish and some of it is just a glorified pub session. Fun, but hardly a work of art.

It feels unfinished and, actually, it kind of is. The big rolling band had dispersed before he finished the album so some of it was completed by him on his own.

It sounds like the end of an era and it was. I dont dislike it, I just think he had tired out his muse before it was finished. I will also listen to anything he produces.

No, but I read an interview with MS last night and he mentioned it.

New album out. I shall find it for free on the internet.

Peter
08-31-2017, 01:37 PM
You're aware, of course, that he has dissed Bruce? On these very pages, as well.

The man is little better than a savage.

It doesn't work as an album. It isn't my fault that you two dingbats are unable to distinguish dissing and critical appraisal.

I may love Springsteen but that doesn't change the fact that Ramrod is one of the worst pieces of rock n roll guff ever committed to vinyl- plodding bar room bilge with childish Spinal Tap-like sexual innuendo that is also rather sexually aggressive. Just as far too many of his songs in the 80s had rather diisturbing references to statutory rape.

Bob Dylan has served us some stinkers. He remains Bob Dylan.

Get over yourselves.

Sir C
08-31-2017, 01:38 PM
It doesn't work as an album. It isn't my fault that you two dingbats are unable to distinguish dissing and critical appraisal.

I may love Springsteen but that doesn't change the fact that Ramrod is one of the worst pieces of rock n roll guff ever committed to vinyl- plodding bar room bilge with childish Spinal Tap-like sexual innuendo that is also rather sexually aggressive. Just as far too many of his songs in the 80s had rather diisturbing references to statutory rape.

Bob Dylan has served us some stinkers. He remains Bob Dylan.

Get over yourselves.

Kindly step up to this stake and do try not to dislodge too much kindling as you do so.

Peter
08-31-2017, 01:39 PM
No, but I read an interview with MS last night and he mentioned it.

New album out. I shall find it for free on the internet.

Last time I saw them live (at Latitude) he did a couple from DreamHarder. Not a great album but with some good numbers.

Goulding did How Long Will I Love You. Not a terrible version actually. Half decent song an al that.

I like A Man is in Love as well. Further Up, Further In.

But there are stinkers on there. It needs saying.

Peter
08-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Kindly step up to this stake and do try not to dislodge too much kindling as you do so.

Do you know what a Ramrod is?

Do you think that is an appropriate euphemism in this day and age? The feminists must have missed it.

Burney
08-31-2017, 01:42 PM

Do you think that is an appropriate euphemism in this day and age? The feminists must have missed it.

Euphemism? Presumably, this album was a treatise on the loading of smooth bore weapons, p?

Peter
08-31-2017, 01:49 PM
Euphemism? Presumably, this album was a treatise on the loading of smooth bore weapons, p?

Sorry, a metaphor. As in

Hey Little Dolly with the Blue Jeans on
I wanna Ramrod with you honey till half past dawn.

Embarrassing.

Sir C
08-31-2017, 01:51 PM
Sorry, a metaphor. As in

Embarrassing.

You know what the term rock and roll means, do you?

Viva Prat Vegas
08-31-2017, 01:52 PM

Yes
A Duane Eddy instrumental which I cannot play on any of my guitars

Burney
08-31-2017, 01:53 PM
Sorry, a metaphor. As in

Embarrassing.

He may simply wish to partake of Young's Stong Ale with her until the early hours. There's no need for mucky inferences.

Burney
08-31-2017, 01:54 PM

Also, Little Richard's 'Tutti Frutti' was originally about anal sex.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-31-2017, 01:57 PM
Also, Little Richard's 'Tutti Frutti' was originally about anal sex.

Presumably that is why Little Richard kept going OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh in a high voice

Peter
08-31-2017, 01:58 PM

Yes. It doesn't give you license to re-write Sex Farm and consider it prose.

Big botttom, talk about **** songs Springsteen's got 'em ;)

Sir C
08-31-2017, 02:00 PM
Yes. It doesn't give you license to re-write Sex Farm and consider it prose.

Big botttom, talk about **** songs Springsteen's got 'em ;)

I looked up 'It's PC gone mad' in the dictionary and it had a picture of your face.

Peter
08-31-2017, 02:12 PM
I looked up 'It's PC gone mad' in the dictionary and it had a picture of your face.

Oh dont get me wrong, I just hate the song. Its ****ing terrible. THe sexual imagery is just one particular stick to beat it with.

It is thoroughly beneath him as an artist and the fact that you cant see that shows you simply do not have the ability to remove your lips from the toe of his boot.

I am not similarly afflicted. Ramrod is ****e. It is the gus Caesar of his back catalogue.

That said, working on the highway is almost as bad. A thoughtless abysmal song, played at ALMOST EVERY GIG....