PDA

View Full Version : So, realistic predictions for this momentous super Thursday transfer deadline day.

SWv2
08-31-2017, 08:20 AM
I expect Sanchez to leave.

I then expect Sterling, Seri, Draxler, Mahrez, van Dijk and one surprise to arrive.

Arsene shall smile, Monty shall chastise us all for a lack of faith and Dutch will make a stance against crude language.

I shall have a lentil curry and naan for lunch.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-31-2017, 08:22 AM

I then expect Sterling, Seri, Draxler, Mahrez, van Dijk and one surprise to arrive.

Arsene shall smile, Monty shall chastise us all for a lack of faith and Dutch will make a stance against crude language.

Gone off the idea of Goretzka then, SW?

SWv2
08-31-2017, 08:26 AM
Gone off the idea of Goretzka then, SW?

No but he would be unrealistic given the alleged interest from other clubs. He is destined for much bigger things than N5.

Far be it from me to criticise AW’s transfer dealings, nor indeed knowledge of footballers, but the lad Krykowiach would have seemed absolutely fúcking ideal as a midfield bolster but I assume we were not interested.

I would have expected his name to come up in our negotiations with PSG on Draxler.

08-31-2017, 08:28 AM
No but he would be unrealistic given the alleged interest from other clubs. He is destined for much bigger things than N5.

Far be it from me to criticise AW’s transfer dealings, nor indeed knowledge of footballers, but the lad Krykowiach would have seemed absolutely fúcking ideal as a midfield bolster but I assume we were not interested.

Coq's back from being injuredy :shrug: internal solutions.

SWv2
08-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Coq's back from being injuredy :shrug: internal solutions.

We're skint anyway according to Ornstein who normally knows his onions.

Can't wait to hear from Wes on this one.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Joe Ledley to come in. Santi Cazorla fitness update "he will be like a new signing".

Sanchez and Lucas out.

Burney
08-31-2017, 08:35 AM

I just want it to be over. The transfer window is shít.

Tony C
08-31-2017, 08:38 AM
We won't sign anyone

Wenger is a spoilt brat...he did get his way so he won't sign anyone out of spite.

Alexis and Ozil won't be Arsenal players after today for spoiling his party.

-

Tony C
08-31-2017, 08:52 AM
Let's be fair...Wenger had the upper hand in transfers 20 years ago when you really needed to do research and use your contacts to find players but that was 20 years ago.

He's out of depth now and the prices out of his league.

His transfer skills are nothing special... but that's if he even makes them...

Peter
08-31-2017, 08:53 AM

I will be happy if we can just get rid of Sanchez and keep Mustafi. I dont see us buying anyone worth having, he clearly isn't interested in bolstering our dreadful midfield and I really dont care whether the likes of Perez/Wilshere et al leave or not. Ideally you want them off the wage bill but their presence or otherwise is not going to make any footballing difference.

Get rid of the Chilean ****bag and then go home for the night, feet up. Job done, and a tidy profit.

PSRB
08-31-2017, 08:54 AM
I just want it to be over. The transfer window is shít.

We did sign one of Europe's most coveted strikers, everyone does appear to have rather forgotten that. Plus that rather large LB

Burney
08-31-2017, 08:55 AM
We did sign one of Europe's most coveted strikers, everyone does appear to have rather forgotten that. Plus that rather large LB

Yes, but it's been categorically proven after three games that he's shít, psrb. Do try and keep up!

Peter
08-31-2017, 08:56 AM

He was actually one of Europe's least coveted strikers. Nobody else wanted him and the only bid last summer was from West Ham.

Not that I am knocking him, obviously. I have only seen him play once. I am sure he is quite good and all that.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-31-2017, 08:57 AM
We're skint anyway according to Ornstein who normally knows his onions.

Can't wait to hear from Wes on this one.

I'm trying to work out how we can be skint. I have pieced together fragments from memory to form an opinion that fits my mood. A couple of years ago we had over £200M in reserve and £50M a year coming in from TV on top of the most expensive ticket prices in football. I can't believe that we have spunked it all on players?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-31-2017, 08:58 AM
He was actually one of Europe's least coveted strikers. Nobody else wanted him and the only bid last summer was from West Ham.

Not that I am knocking him, obviously. I have only seen him play once. I am sure he is quite good and all that.

Atletico wanted him. Shirley, that is a sign of a good striker :-)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-31-2017, 08:59 AM

We sell Sanchez and Ox, we sign no one.

Peter
08-31-2017, 09:09 AM
We sell Sanchez and Ox, we sign no one.

That has to be the most likely outcome. I am fine with it. If he sells Mustafi he is a major ****.

Peter
08-31-2017, 09:12 AM
Atletico wanted him. Shirley, that is a sign of a good striker :-)

Shhhh! The West Ham angle was funnier ;)

Tony C
08-31-2017, 09:12 AM
For the record...

Running total:

Sales AOC - £40M

Gabriel - £13M

Szczensy -£11M

Gibbs - £3M

Toral - £3M

Hinds - £2M

Bennacer - £1.5M

Crowley - £600k

TOTAL: £74.1M
Purchases

Lacazette - £53M

TOTAL: £53M
NET: £21.1M profit

A profit of £21M...yet we're skint

08-31-2017, 09:17 AM
Gibbs - £3M

Who's trousered the other £4m then The T?

Billy Goat Sverige
08-31-2017, 09:17 AM

Sanchez out and Draxler in. Guaranteed to happen.

I actually won't mind that as i love Draxler (no homo. Maybe a little bit).

SWv2
08-31-2017, 09:18 AM

Was he really?

That's not to diss the man, just asking. Were we fighting off other suitors?

Just Trent
08-31-2017, 09:20 AM
Who's trousered the other £4m then The T?

Mickey Pearce just booked a private jet to Las Vegas.

PSRB
08-31-2017, 09:20 AM
Was he really?

That's not to diss the man, just asking. Were we fighting off other suitors?

He was all set for Atletico, they got their transfer ban and in a most un-Arsenal move we stepped in and wrapped up the deal pretty quickly

Pretty sure United and Liverpool were also linked

Pat Vegas
08-31-2017, 09:24 AM

Sanchez, will go.

We won't sign anybody, or some weird loan.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-31-2017, 09:24 AM
That has to be the most likely outcome. I am fine with it. If he sells Mustafi he is a major ****.

I can only assume that Mustafi wants to leave. Looks like juve and Inter are no longer interested...

Burney
08-31-2017, 09:27 AM
Sanchez, will go.

Oh, I like the weird loans. The more incongruous the player the better.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-31-2017, 09:41 AM
We have to hang on to Willock. We've already lost one Willock, we don't want to look like a pillock.

SWv2
08-31-2017, 09:43 AM
He was all set for Atletico, they got their transfer ban and in a most un-Arsenal move we stepped in and wrapped up the deal pretty quickly

Pretty sure United and Liverpool were also linked

Okay, fair enough I know the Madrid deal was in place and a lot of people hold Simeone up as a genius.

The United one I seem to recall the story being peddled that they looked at him and said no thanks though I expect some of the rejection theory here was the media trying to create a division or conflict between JM and AW when one did not exist.

Can’t recall the Scousers but you may be correct.

Still, hardly “most coveted”. There seemed to be a bit of the proverbial back and forth with Monsieur Aulas at the time and I can’t recall him threatening us with stories of tangible interest from third parties.

Again, not to cast aspersions on the chap at all. I hope for the sake of God and all that is holy in this world that he is a huge success for us. I spent about €60 for a shirt with his name on the back if nothing else, if he turns out to be toilet it will be a tough conversation chez moi.

World's End Stella
08-31-2017, 09:55 AM

Sanchez and Perez out, no one of consequence in.

Monty to explain how it is we have no money and when the impending dynasty will begin.

Chest/bicep workout complete with 10 min on the cycle and treadmill, 10 minutes on abs, stare holes through the hot personal trainer (female) in Lycra

Vietnamese prawn roll and pork belly banh mi for lunch - bowels to massively expel them shortly after I arrive home 8pmish

Unable to resist opening a bottle of wine with the missus and in bed with The Best and the Brightest at about 11pm

PSRB
08-31-2017, 09:58 AM
Okay, fair enough I know the Madrid deal was in place and a lot of people hold Simeone up as a genius.

The United one I seem to recall the story being peddled that they looked at him and said no thanks though I expect some of the rejection theory here was the media trying to create a division or conflict between JM and AW when one did not exist.

Can’t recall the Scousers but you may be correct.

Still, hardly “most coveted”. There seemed to be a bit of the proverbial back and forth with Monsieur Aulas at the time and I can’t recall him threatening us with stories of tangible interest from third parties.

Again, not to cast aspersions on the chap at all. I hope for the sake of God and all that is holy in this world that he is a huge success for us. I spent about €60 for a shirt with his name on the back if nothing else, if he turns out to be toilet it will be a tough conversation chez moi.

Sanchez out, Draxler in, that's my prediction

Peter
08-31-2017, 10:04 AM

But PSG said he is definitely not going. I know we said the same about Ox and Sanchez but dont discount the possibility that other clubs may actually mean it when they say it.

Draxler has gone fishing today anyway. He always turns his phone off when he goes fishing. Everyone knows that.

devongunner
08-31-2017, 10:05 AM
Sanchez out and Draxler in. Guaranteed to happen.

I actually won't mind that as i love Draxler (no homo. Maybe a little bit). Damn I hope so

Burney
08-31-2017, 10:07 AM
But PSG said he is definitely not going. I know we said the same about Ox and Sanchez but dont discount the possibility that other clubs may actually mean it when they say it.

Draxler has gone fishing today anyway. He always turns his phone off when he goes fishing. Everyone knows that.

Coarse, I imagine? He is German, after all. :-\

AFC East
08-31-2017, 10:07 AM
Oh, I like the weird loans. The more incongruous the player the better.

Moeen Ali?

SWv2
08-31-2017, 10:08 AM

I am tempted to say it is too late for Sanchez to go but then the silence is worrying, especially when one accepts that the clubs have talked.

Burney
08-31-2017, 10:08 AM
Moeen Ali?

Ooh, I'd like one with a massive beard. Are there any massively bearded footballers out there?

Peter
08-31-2017, 10:11 AM
I am tempted to say it is too late for Sanchez to go but then the silence is worrying, especially when one accepts that the clubs have talked.

Aaaah, come on. He was always going to go. Keeping him would be utter madness. Waiting until now was always the 'plan' as it were.

Peter
08-31-2017, 10:12 AM
Coarse, I imagine? He is German, after all. :-\

Sure, if you like. Its an imaginary fishing trip assigned to an imaginary signing.

It could be fly fishing, I just dont really know what that is.

Sir C
08-31-2017, 10:12 AM
Aaaah, come on. He was always going to go. Keeping him would be utter madness. Waiting until now was always the 'plan' as it were.

So by that logic we should expect Ozil to leave today as well? :-(

Peter
08-31-2017, 10:13 AM
So by that logic we should expect Ozil to leave today as well? :-(

No. Nobody wants him. Makes it much harder to sell him.

We can keep one of them but not both. May as well keep the one who isn't worth much.

Anyway, Monty is going to convince him to sign a new deal.

Sir C
08-31-2017, 10:15 AM
No. Nobody wants him. Makes it much harder to sell him.

We can keep one of them but not both. May as well keep the one who isn't worth much.

Anyway, Monty is going to convince him to sign a new deal.

No one wants Mesut Ozil? Um, are we talking about the same Mesut Ozil?

SWv2
08-31-2017, 10:19 AM

It is very sad but it does appear to be the case. Unbelievable really.

A Turkish club mentioned months ago, BVB a few days ago.

:-(

Sir C
08-31-2017, 10:21 AM
It is very sad but it does appear to be the case. Unbelievable really.

A Turkish club mentioned months ago, BVB a few days ago.

:-(

That's simply madness. He's... good and that.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-31-2017, 10:28 AM

He is enigmatically good
In spades

Viva Prat Vegas
08-31-2017, 10:30 AM
Sanchez, will go.

Kim Kallstrum was a laugh
A Swede with an injured back

Peter
08-31-2017, 10:30 AM

He has received about as much interest as Theo Walcott.

Remember, the public perception is that Ozil is a useless, lazy **** who doesn't care. It is his fault when a defender treads on the ball, or another midfielder appears at the opposition corner flag when we lose the ball on the edge of our own box.

Lazy, you see. A luxury player.

Sir C
08-31-2017, 10:32 AM

Remember, the public perception is that Ozil is a useless, lazy **** who doesn't care. It is his fault when a defender treads on the ball, or another midfielder appears at the opposition corner flag when we lose the ball on the edge of our own box.

He wouldn't be bought by a member of the public though, surely? That would be just silly. What would you do, have him mow the lawn or something? No, I'm reasonably sure he'd be bought by a football club, and they've got people who know stuff about football.

Monty92
08-31-2017, 10:36 AM

That pass Ramsey gave him at Liverpool when he had it nicked off his toes. You could see Ozil look at him as if to say "are you serious?". Ozil then, quite blatantly, allowed himself to be tackled to press home the point.

Bodes well for team spirit :-\

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 10:45 AM
That pass Ramsey gave him at Liverpool when he had it nicked off his toes. You could see Ozil look at him as if to say "are you serious?". Ozil then, quite blatantly, allowed himself to be tackled to press home the point.

This is why Wenger never buys players based on their performances for their country; club football is work, whereas internationals essentially means a kickabout with your mates you've played football with all your life, after work.

SWv2
08-31-2017, 10:59 AM

He is tremendous in fact, however he is both tremendous and free in 6-12 months.

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 11:02 AM
He is tremendous in fact, however he is both tremendous and free in 6-12 months.

Doesn't score enough goals, doesn't get stuck in? :judge:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-31-2017, 11:04 AM
Ooh, I'd like one with a massive beard. Are there any massively bearded footballers out there?

I still fondly remember the Ian Wright on Regi Blinker moment. Sadly, not a beard though. Might explain why there are so few hipster beards in the game

Bergkamp Was Best
08-31-2017, 11:21 AM
So Man City want to do a cash only deal for Sanchez.
We would only consider a player exchange deal.
Aguero and Sterling may not want to leave so who realistically could we take from City?
Sanchez could stay, is that good or not? :shrug:

SWv2
08-31-2017, 11:25 AM
So Man City want to do a cash only deal for Sanchez.
We would only consider a player exchange deal.
Aguero and Sterling may not want to leave so who realistically could we take from City?
Sanchez could stay, is that good or not? :shrug:

Guardiola?

#wengerout

Mo Britain less Europe
08-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Kallstrom scored an important penalty in the FA Cup semi-final.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-31-2017, 11:38 AM
This is why Wenger never buys players based on their performances for their country; club football is work, whereas internationals essentially means a kickabout with your mates you've played football with all your life, after work.

And international tournaments are a club 18-30 holiday in the sun :nod:

Peter
08-31-2017, 11:57 AM

Ozil wouldn't be the first person to realise that Ramsey is a complete bag of dog****.

Team spirit can repaired. It will all work itself out.....

World's End Stella
08-31-2017, 12:12 PM
Ozil wouldn't be the first person to realise that Ramsey is a complete bag of dog****.

Team spirit can repaired. It will all work itself out.....

Be curious to see what we'd get offered for Ramsey if Wenger was smart enough and objective enough to put him up for sale. :rubchin:

Peter
08-31-2017, 12:17 PM
Be curious to see what we'd get offered for Ramsey if Wenger was smart enough and objective enough to put him up for sale. :rubchin:

Its an odd one. Ox went for 35 million and I am not even unhappy to see the back of him.

I would guess none of the big sides would want Ramsey so you would be looking at maybe 20 million from the desperate/stupid/desperately stupid.

He could go for 100 million and he would remain a great big bag of dog****.

I will be fascinated to see how the Ox does though. If he turns out to be wonderful at Liverpool Wenger looks a right ****ing ****.

redgunamo
08-31-2017, 12:18 PM

You don't really have to put players up for sale nowadays, do you, so we may presume the market has decided he's not really worth whatever it is we'd want.

I still think he'll be Player of the Year. Caveat lector obviously :-)