PDA

View Full Version : So, Ox for 35mil, Sanchez for 60mil, Mustafi for 30mil, Perez for 10mil

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 07:53 AM
Think we also sold Gabriel for 9mil and Ches for 10mil? Gibbs for about 7mil?

That totals 161mil against 52mil for Lacazette? So a net profit of about 110mil.

Next, back to 4231 with Hector Kos Per Saed - Xhaka Coq - Iwobi Ozil Welbeck - Lacazette

We finish top 8 or so, Wenger does the honourable thing and resigns at the end of the season. With a new director of football, a good manager for the first time in about 7 seasons and the 110mil added to our 'war chest' (plus the 35mil we get for Ramsey and the 20mil we get for Walcott next summer) we should have about 250mil to buy a CB, a midfielder and two attacking players (one of which will be Lemar).

It's all so exciting. Great time to be a Gooner. :cloud9:

Billy Goat Sverige
08-30-2017, 08:11 AM

That totals 161mil against 52mil for Lacazette? So a net profit of about 110mil.

Next, back to 4231 with Hector Kos Per Saed - Xhaka Coq - Iwobi Ozil Welbeck - Lacazette

We finish top 8 or so, Wenger does the honourable thing and resigns at the end of the season. With a new director of football, a good manager for the first time in about 7 seasons and the 110mil added to our 'war chest' (plus the 35mil we get for Ramsey and the 20mil we get for Walcott next summer) we should have about 250mil to buy a CB, a midfielder and two attacking players (one of which will be Lemar).

I think we'll have two or three new players before the window closes in any case. Hopefully decent young players for a new manager to work with. Draxler and Sterling :cloud9:

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 08:20 AM
I think we'll have two or three new players before the window closes in any case. Hopefully decent young players for a new manager to work with. Draxler and Sterling :cloud9:

I remain unconvinced on Draxler, BGS, but I will admit I have only seen him a handful of times.

Sterling, I like, but only if we have a new manager. Wenger could well bring his career to a halt. Still:

Hector Kos Per Saed - Xhaka Coq - Draxler Ozil Sterling - Lacazette

Followed by the CB and CM we need next summer. Not bad really.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-30-2017, 08:22 AM
Time for Kronke to cash in and f uck off.

devongunner
08-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Time for Kronke to cash in and f uck off. ten characters

Sir C
08-30-2017, 08:53 AM

If all these sales happen in the space of 36 hours I will be... surprised.

redgunamo
08-30-2017, 08:54 AM
I remain unconvinced on Draxler, BGS, but I will admit I have only seen him a handful of times.

Sterling, I like, but only if we have a new manager. Wenger could well bring his career to a halt. Still:

Hector Kos Per Saed - Xhaka Coq - Draxler Ozil Sterling - Lacazette

Followed by the CB and CM we need next summer. Not bad really.

Rubbish, imo. There's nowhere near enough meat in that team. Unlike you-know-who ..

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 09:01 AM
If all these sales happen in the space of 36 hours I will be... surprised.

Only two to go, innit? Ox and Sanchez?

Sir C
08-30-2017, 09:08 AM
Only two to go, innit? Ox and Sanchez?

I didn't know Perez, Mustafi and Gibbs had actually gone yet.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 09:09 AM

You almost paint a positive picture from a relatively shít starting point and for this I congratulate you, knowing that positive is not necessarily your natural starting position.

Then on further inspection I see that Coquelin is in the team, and Welbeck. The former is not good enough and the latter should only ever really be a substitute option.

And further, I had forgotten Iwobi existed. Has he played at all this season?

redgunamo
08-30-2017, 09:19 AM
And further, I had forgotten Iwobi existed. Has he played at all this season?

Played the final knockings at Stoke City, I think.

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 09:24 AM

I thought Gibbs was all but done and no one thinks Perez is staying. Forgot about Mustafi. Although for the life of me I can't understand why we're getting rid.

My recall is that he looked really good for the first half of last season. :shrug:

redgunamo
08-30-2017, 09:33 AM
I thought Gibbs was all but done and no one thinks Perez is staying. Forgot about Mustafi. Although for the life of me I can't understand why we're getting rid.

My recall is that he looked really good for the first half of last season. :shrug:

Mustafi stung me too, on FIFA, once. When he won the World Cup with Germany and you're looking for young, cheap players in their squad. Naturally, his name comes up but then you remember he sat on the bench for two years at Everton before they finally chucked him out. :-\

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Mustafi stung me too, on FIFA, once. When he won the World Cup with Germany and you're looking for young, cheap players in their squad. Naturally, his name comes up but then you remember he sat on the bench for two years at Everton before they finally chucked him out. :-\

TBF he was 18/19 then and as we know, CBs develop late.

redgunamo
08-30-2017, 09:53 AM
TBF he was 18/19 then and as we know, CBs develop late.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they have to develop late; some are just not good enough.

Anyway, it was more a rumination on the Germany team, especially the fact that it is very often greater than the sum of its players. Something like that. I mean, very few German players have won the Premier League, for example.

Rich
08-30-2017, 10:08 AM
Sure, but that doesn't mean they have to develop late; some are just not good enough.

Anyway, it was more a rumination on the Germany team, especially the fact that it is very often greater than the sum of its players. Something like that. I mean, very few German players have won the Premier League, for example.

I don't think we'll bring anyone in but Perez, Gibbs and Ox will probably go. This transfer window has been a disaster of absolutely epic proportions. The only plus is that we can give Nelson and Maitland Niles some football. Both will be future stars.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-30-2017, 10:32 AM
We might even be able to give Campbell, Wellington and Galindo a chance.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 10:39 AM
I don't think we'll bring anyone in but Perez, Gibbs and Ox will probably go. This transfer window has been a disaster of absolutely epic proportions. The only plus is that we can give Nelson and Maitland Niles some football. Both will be future stars.

Surely that would represent a footballing madness and one that you, a staunch defender of Mr Wenger, would seriously question?

I expect Sanchez will go also.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Surely that would represent a footballing madness and one that you, a staunch defender of Mr Wenger, would seriously question?

I expect Sanchez will go also.

Yes all four will go, and if he doesn't bring in any replacements he's a ****. More of a **** than he already is. I can actually see him keeping Perez and pretend he has something to offer. That's the sort of **** Wenger is.

Peter
08-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Yes all four will go, and if he doesn't bring in any replacements he's a ****. More of a **** than he already is. I can actually see him keeping Perez and pretend he has something to offer. That's the sort of **** Wenger is.

At this stage, do you really want him spending our money? I would prefer it if he didnt bother. We know what we need (a midfielder and a centre back if Mustafi leaves) but he wont buy those. He will bring in crap we dont need.

I would rather he spent nothing and fans got even angrier. Happy to write off this season as I think we effectively have already.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-30-2017, 10:49 AM
At this stage, do you really want him spending our money? I would prefer it if he didnt bother. We know what we need (a midfielder and a centre back if Mustafi leaves) but he wont buy those. He will bring in crap we dont need.

I would rather he spent nothing and fans got even angrier. Happy to write off this season as I think we effectively have already.

He's here for another two years whether we like it or not. I'd rather watch someone other than Walcott and Welbeck for those two years, because that's who will be starting for us every week now Sanchez and Ox have gone. He'll probably play Lacazette on the left for most of the season as well.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 10:52 AM

It is becoming increasingly difficult to apply any actual logic to Arsenal summer 2017.

I don’t actually believe he has, but surely he must have 1-2 up his sleeve else it really is a fúcking mess.

Perhaps it being a WC year may work in our favour with other players looking to secure regular football.

Peter
08-30-2017, 11:03 AM
It is becoming increasingly difficult to apply any actual logic to Arsenal summer 2017.

I don’t actually believe he has, but surely he must have 1-2 up his sleeve else it really is a fúcking mess.

Perhaps it being a WC year may work in our favour with other players looking to secure regular football.

It is a ****ing mess whatever he has up his sleeve. We have been here enough times over the past to know there is no magical silver lining here. Just his refusal to accept the fact that his best players want to leave. THis was always going to drag on all summer.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:06 AM
It is a ****ing mess whatever he has up his sleeve. We have been here enough times over the past to know there is no magical silver lining here. Just his refusal to accept the fact that his best players want to leave. THis was always going to drag on all summer.

Honestly, I do struggle to understand why he wanted to stay on. He must know there's no prospect of us winning the league in the immediate future and that he's just going to get more and more abuse. Why is he still there?

Sir C
08-30-2017, 11:18 AM
Honestly, I do struggle to understand why he wanted to stay on. He must know there's no prospect of us winning the league in the immediate future and that he's just going to get more and more abuse. Why is he still there?

I picture him sitting at home watching Arsenalfan TV and looking at social media, in absolute hysterics, flicking vs at his screen.

It's basically payback for years of unwarranted abuse.

wd aw! I can't wait to see what his next shíthousery will consist of.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:22 AM
I picture him sitting at home watching Arsenalfan TV and looking at social media, in absolute hysterics, flicking vs at his screen.

It's basically payback for years of unwarranted abuse.

wd aw! I can't wait to see what his next shíthousery will consist of.

I wish I could believe he were that calculating. I fear he actually believes he's doing the best thing for the club by trying to manage what is currently a shįtshow of remarkable proportions rather than stepping down.

Mind you, maybe he's being terribly noble and ensuring that he is so hated by the time he leaves that the new chap will have a huge honeymoon period.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 11:25 AM
I wish I could believe he were that calculating. I fear he actually believes he's doing the best thing for the club by trying to manage what is currently a shįtshow of remarkable proportions rather than stepping down.

Mind you, maybe he's being terribly noble and ensuring that he is so hated by the time he leaves that the new chap will have a huge honeymoon period.

Nah, it'll be fine. He has a plan. He always has a plan.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:27 AM

Does he? I think he had a plan about 10 years ago. And then everyone who was crucial to the plan working buggered off.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 11:32 AM

Sadly I don't think he does this time.

:-(

I think he has lost his marbles.

On a medical level I can trace the beginnings of the issue back to 3-4 summers ago when he allowed Matthieu Flamini to train with us as he was unemployed, then one day he thought that he could save himself a few million by letting him hang around for a year.

Not the thought process of a top level manager, or a sane one.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Does he? I think he had a plan about 10 years ago. And then everyone who was crucial to the plan working buggered off.

He's had many plans. He had a plan to turn George Graham's team into double winners. He had a plan to build a new team to win titles and champions leagues. He had a plan to build a cheap, young team that would stay competitive until the debt burden was lifted, and then a plan to add to that team when finances were loosened. I have no doubt he has yet another plan.

Not all those plans worked perfectly, of course, but they've been pretty bloody close so far. I have no reason to believe his plans have suddenly turned to shít.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 11:35 AM

On a medical level I can trace the beginnings of the issue back to 3-4 summers ago when he allowed Matthieu Flamini to train with us as he was unemployed, then one day he thought that he could save himself a few million by letting him hang around for a year.

Your theory is that Arsene Wenger is mentally ill? Because his judgement isn't identical to yours?

Sounds reasonable.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:36 AM

It is with great sadness that I tend to agree. There's stubbornness and then there's a complete unwillingness to address reality. But now there appears to be a genuine bewilderment about what is going on.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:37 AM
Your theory is that Arsene Wenger is mentally ill? Because his judgement isn't identical to yours?

Sounds reasonable.

At what point does sheer pig-headedness tip over into mental illness, would you say?

Sir C
08-30-2017, 11:38 AM
At what point does sheer pig-headedness tip over into mental illness, would you say?

Arsene Wenger is pig-headed to the point of mental illness because he doesn't make transfer decisions based on the rantings of halfwits?

OK mate.

Peter
08-30-2017, 11:42 AM
He's here for another two years whether we like it or not. I'd rather watch someone other than Walcott and Welbeck for those two years, because that's who will be starting for us every week now Sanchez and Ox have gone. He'll probably play Lacazette on the left for most of the season as well.

The best solution is to not watch at all. It is so much more fun.

Peter
08-30-2017, 11:44 AM

It really was an easy decision to walk away. Realistically he had no chance of achieving any other than top four in the next two years and nobody would consider that an achievement. At least not from him. This summer was always going to go badly, he cant have not known that.

I am sure he has his reasons but he has set himself up for two horrible years. It is going to be really painful to watch.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 11:45 AM

Sounds reasonable.

No. I just don't think it was a sane or logical judgement.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:47 AM
Arsene Wenger is pig-headed to the point of mental illness because he doesn't make transfer decisions based on the rantings of halfwits?

OK mate.

Oh, I'm not really talking about transfer decisions. It's making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again and the refusal to see the problem.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 11:48 AM

OK mate.

Have to say I do not care for your tone during this discourse.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:50 AM
It really was an easy decision to walk away. Realistically he had no chance of achieving any other than top four in the next two years and nobody would consider that an achievement. At least not from him. This summer was always going to go badly, he cant have not known that.

I am sure he has his reasons but he has set himself up for two horrible years. It is going to be really painful to watch.

:nod: It couldn't have been better set up. We'd won the cup, so he'd have ostensibly been going out on a high. Instead, he signs up for two years of fruitless trench warfare with his team, the fans and the media. It's the footballing equivalent of self-harm.

That or he's got an absolutely massive tax bill, I suppose.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:51 AM

Come now, sw. We've all had a drink.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 11:53 AM

You'll get over it in time, though.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:55 AM

I'll have none of this rancour. What would modd say?

SWv2
08-30-2017, 11:56 AM

We're all friends here, brothers almost. Worth remembering at times.

Burney
08-30-2017, 11:57 AM

Indeed, sw. You appear to be channeling the benign spirit of modd in this statement.

Dear old modd. I do miss him.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 11:59 AM

Forgive me, old chap. I didn't mean to appear rancourous. Let's put it down to a mid-week dip.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:00 PM

You've made me cry a little bit now, sw :hug:

Burney
08-30-2017, 12:00 PM
Forgive me, old chap. I didn't mean to appear rancourous. Let's put it down to a mid-week dip.

You've been swimming again?

redgunamo
08-30-2017, 12:01 PM

The biggest rancour of all, imo*.

Only joking.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:02 PM
You've been swimming again?

I mean like a, you know, post-prandial dip, but this dip being occasioned by the knowledge that it's Wednesday and that one must continue to prostitute oneself to the gods of HMRC for a further 2 and 1/2 days until one is allowed a fleeting moment of freedom.

barrybueno
08-30-2017, 12:06 PM

Just heard on the radio that Gibbs is gwan for £7m

Absolute 70's tho so maybe unreliable sauce bro...

Ash
08-30-2017, 12:06 PM

OK mate.

Perhaps you can help me out as to why the following critique is the ranting of a half-wit:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was offered no new contract, or contract talks during the last year - the penultimate one of his contract. Partly because of this, it is reported, by the end of the season he had made up his mind that he wanted to leave the club and made this quite clear on a number of occasions. He also made it clear that he wished to play in midfield.

At this point AW suddenly announced that AOC was one of the most important players in the club, and for England, and wanted him to be a key component of his future plans, although he did not mention whether these plans included AOC playing in central midfield. AOC said again that he wanted to leave.

On the pitch, our right wing back was played out of position (and underwhelmed), and our shiny new left wing back (who looked good in pre-season) was played in central defence (with another left wingback as two of our remaining CBs are not good enough for the squad) so that Ox could play as right wingback. We lost the match and the next game the response was to drop Kolasinac (and Lacassette) and keep the want-away Ox, whose performances had not been too super, in the team in a position he doesn't want to play. We got spanked four nil and it might easily have been seven.

Now it seems AW has accepted that Ox is not going to stay and agreed to sell him to Chelsea, but they won't play him in midfield either so he refuses to go there, so we offered him to Liverpool who aren't offering us enough money, and now we have a day and a half to sort something out.

All this for a player who has said he wanted to leave while last season was still going on.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Perhaps you can help me out as to why the following critique is the ranting of a half-wit:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was offered no new contract, or contract talks during the last year - the penultimate one of his contract. Partly because of this, it is reported, by the end of the season he had made up his mind that he wanted to leave the club and made this quite clear on a number of occasions. He also made it clear that he wished to play in midfield.

At this point AW suddenly announced that AOC was one of the most important players in the club, and for England, and wanted him to be a key component of his future plans, although he did not mention whether these plans included AOC playing in central midfield. AOC said again that he wanted to leave.

On the pitch, our right wing back was played out of position (and underwhelmed), and our shiny new left wing back (who looked good in pre-season) was played in central defence (with another left wingback as two of our remaining CBs are not good enough for the squad) so that Ox could play as right wingback. We lost the match and the next game the response was to drop Kolasinac (and Lacassette) and keep the want-away Ox, whose performances had not been too super, in the team in a position he doesn't want to play. We got spanked four nil and it might easily have been seven.

Now it seems AW has accepted that Ox is not going to stay and agreed to sell him to Chelsea, but they won't play him in midfield either so he refuses to go there, so we offered him to Liverpool who aren't offering us enough money, and now we have a day and a half to sort something out.

All this for a player who has said he wanted to leave while last season was still going on.

None of this suggest mental illness to me :shrug:

I'm just tired of the hyperbole and intemperate language. It feeds off itself. There are people on this board who have been calling aw a **** for 10 years - now they're becoming apoplectic.

Like Antifa, Trump and identity politics, we live at a time when it would do a great deal of good if everyone sat down and thought quietly for a moment about exactly why they are so outraged.

Peter
08-30-2017, 12:13 PM

Maybe chuck in the fact that when we did offer him a contract it was allegedly 180 grand a week which I presume he will now want from Liverpool or Chelsea. Liverpool wont pay him that we may have priced him out of a move.

We are ****ing good at this :)

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:18 PM
Maybe chuck in the fact that when we did offer him a contract it was allegedly 180 grand a week which I presume he will now want from Liverpool or Chelsea. Liverpool wont pay him that we may have priced him out of a move.

This £180 grand is a figure plucked from someone's imagination. You have absolutely no idea if it is anywhere near true.

You have absolutely no idea what he will want from liverpool or Chelsea.

You have absolutely no idea what Liverpool would pay him.

You've just put a load of random imaginings together and used them as a stick with which to beat the club :shrug:

Other than this, your argument is cogent, reasoned and entirely factual.

Ash
08-30-2017, 12:19 PM

I read that he's just turned down £220k pw from Chelsea. To be fair to the boy, playing in that position is more important to him than the dosh.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-30-2017, 12:19 PM

He stated quite clearly that he is not going to retire and that he will either be here or somewhere else managing a football team.

What we can be reasonably sure of
1) He is motivated to manage
2) He has no other interests
3) He has no one at home.
4) His new contract came with a pretty good raise
5) He easily won the battle of the restructure with Gazidis

What we can (possibly) infer
1) His reputation has taken a dent from his last contract renewal to now.
2) He had no other offers from anyone else.
3) He has free reign to do what he wants on the football field without interference

the above, if true, would make the decision quite easy tbh.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 12:25 PM

I'm just tired of the hyperbole and intemperate language. It feeds off itself. There are people on this board who have been calling aw a **** for 10 years - now they're becoming apoplectic.

Like Antifa, Trump and identity politics, we live at a time when it would do a great deal of good if everyone sat down and thought quietly for a moment about exactly why they are so outraged.

While you may be angry with these people I am not sure why you are being so feisty with other calm and deep thinkers.

Your stoic loyalty to Wenger has been noted and I respect you for that*.

*I don't

Ash
08-30-2017, 12:26 PM

That's fair enough, but it doesn't invalidate the critique, which just focuses on one player's contract situation, and there are many others. If a highly paid and powerful executive at any other company presided over such a scenario, he would surely recieve some flak.

I personally have no wish to get angry about football. It ain't worf it. Especially when there are more important things to worry about, like a new leak in the flat. I did get a little bit stressed watching the Liverpool match though, It wasn't pretty.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:28 PM
That's fair enough, but it doesn't invalidate the critique, which just focuses on one player's contract situation, and there are many others. If a highly paid and powerful executive at any other company presided over such a scenario, he would surely recieve some flak.

I personally have no wish to get angry about football. It ain't worf it. Especially when there are more important things to worry about, like a new leak in the flat. I did get a little bit stressed watching the Liverpool match though, It wasn't pretty.

Criticism may well be merited, I agree. As I say, i object merely to the intermperate language and hysteria.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 12:28 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you and Mrs A, especially after the last one.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:29 PM
While you may be angry with these people I am not sure why you are being so feisty with other calm and deep thinkers.

Your stoic loyalty to Wenger has been noted and I respect you for that*.

*I don't

Your usual perspicacity is lacking on this occasion, sw. I am not in the least feisty, simply trying to inject a little reason into the hysterical little girl knickerwetting which seems suddenly to have become de rigueur.

Ash
08-30-2017, 12:30 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you and Mrs A, especially after the last one.

Thanks. It shouldn't be as bad as the last one but ironically it's looking like the insurer's builder who incorrectly fitted the new bath (source of the previous leak) that has caused the new problem. Really hoping we don't have to dig up the floors again.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 12:32 PM
Your usual perspicacity is lacking on this occasion, sw. I am not in the least feisty, simply trying to inject a little reason into the hysterical little girl knickerwetting which seems suddenly to have become de rigueur.

Noted.

However, and I say this as a relatively new quinquagenarian and one who normally can brush over football as being just the game it is - having seen the game on sunday and watching other issues unfold at the club we all support a small amount of "little girl knickerwetting" is almost understandable though obviously not cool.

Peter
08-30-2017, 12:33 PM
This £180 grand is a figure plucked from someone's imagination. You have absolutely no idea if it is anywhere near true.

You have absolutely no idea what he will want from liverpool or Chelsea.

You have absolutely no idea what Liverpool would pay him.

You've just put a load of random imaginings together and used them as a stick with which to beat the club :shrug:

Other than this, your argument is cogent, reasoned and entirely factual.

You kind of skipped over the use of the word allegedly didnt you. Well done, you.

I actually hoped we had deliberately offered him loads to **** up a chance of him going to Liverpool as part of some spiteful, childish revenge for their stupid comment over the whole suarez offer. I had hoped we had served a stone cold dish of revenge.

I doubt it. That would require planning :)

Peter
08-30-2017, 12:34 PM
I read that he's just turned down £220k pw from Chelsea. To be fair to the boy, playing in that position is more important to him than the dosh.

I want to dislike him but if that is true it is hard to criticise. I hope his desire to plays in midfield is more successful than THeo's desire to play up front....

Peter
08-30-2017, 12:35 PM
Criticism may well be merited, I agree. As I say, i object merely to the intermperate language and hysteria.

Yes, but that is because you are a ****ing ****

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 12:37 PM

Because he's phenomenally arrogant and stubborn. Which is why he's failed.

Burney
08-30-2017, 12:44 PM

Do you not sonetimes suspect, though, that the club's interests might - just might - be better served by a change? Two more years of this can only hurt the club's reputation. We've always applied certain principles to players about this being The Arsenal and us having a certain reputation and image to maintain. If a manager's continued presence is threatening to tarnish those things (whether it's his fault or not) should we not apply the same principle?

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Do you not sonetimes suspect, though, that the club's interests might - just might - be better served by a change? Two more years of this can only hurt the club's reputation. We've always applied certain principles to players about this being The Arsenal and us having a certain reputation and image to maintain. If a manager's continued presence is threatening to tarnish those things (whether it's his fault or not) should we not apply the same principle?

Yes, indeed. I thought last season was the time for him to go; his relationship with the fanbase seems to me to be irredeemably fractured, and all sides would have benefitted from a dignified parting of the ways in May.

Check my gusset. Dry as a bone.

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 12:51 PM

I don't see much hysterical little girl knickerwetting.

I see a bunch of people who support Arsenal Football Club asking valid questions and making valid points, supported by reasonable assumptions and facts, about the performance of the manager of Arsenal Football Club.

I then see these same people being accused of hysterical little girl knickerwetting. :shrug:

Sir C
Yes, but that is because you are a ****ing ****

It is undeniable, p. T'as raison.

Burney
Yes, indeed. I thought last season was the time for him to go; his relationship with the fanbase seems to me to be irredeemably fractured, and all sides would have benefitted from a dignified parting of the ways in May.

Yes, but that's one of the benefits of an enlarged prostate.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:53 PM
I don't see much hysterical little girl knickerwetting.

I see a bunch of people who support Arsenal Football Club asking valid questions and making valid points, supported by reasonable assumptions and facts, about the performance of the manager of Arsenal Football Club.

I then see these same people being accused of hysterical little girl knickerwetting. :shrug:

Oh I'm not accusing you of knickerwetting, wes. The day you progress from nappies to knickers, then I'll accuse you of knickerwetting.

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 12:53 PM
Oh I'm not accusing you of knickerwetting, wes. The day you progress from nappies to knickers, then I'll accuse you of knickerwetting.

I now officially accuse you of knickerwetting. :judge:

HA!

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:54 PM
Yes, but that's one of the benefits of an enlarged prostate.

You've been feeling my prostate whilst I slept again, haven't you? :-(

Kindly keep your forefinger to yourself.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 12:54 PM

Photo evidence may help.

For a friend.

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 12:55 PM
What this thread really needs now is Monty.

Charles has done his best to be the counterpoint but his heart really isn't in it. Not really in it.

Monty would bring a new level of obsequiousness and we might really be able to kick on from here.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:56 PM
I now officially accuse you of knickerwetting. :judge:

HA!

:shrug: Don't try to drag me into your little boys' pissing competition. You lads can carry on trying to outdo each other in the extremity of your language to decry every aspect of our club, and I hope that saying the naughty words gives you the little chubby you seek.

I shall remain, dignified, on the sidelines, watching you all with a small, supercilious smirk. I call it 'doing a Harvey'.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 12:57 PM
Photo evidence may help.

For a friend.

I'm embarrassed about the dried semen :-(

World's End Stella
08-30-2017, 01:02 PM
:shrug: Don't try to drag me into your little boys' pissing competition. You lads can carry on trying to outdo each other in the extremity of your language to decry every aspect of our club, and I hope that saying the naughty words gives you the little chubby you seek.

I shall remain, dignified, on the sidelines, watching you all with a small, supercilious smirk. I call it 'doing a Harvey'.

Well I've only focused on the performance of the manager, but fair play to you for mentioning the great man Harvey, what with you furiously virtue signaling throughout this thread. :-)

Ash
08-30-2017, 01:06 PM
What this thread really needs now is Monty.

Monty will be back after we've won a couple of games and all is rosy in the garden again, accusing even Arsene's mildest critics of wishing cancer upon him, in his usual restrained, dignified and moderate way.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 01:07 PM
Monty will be back after we've won a couple of games and all is rosy in the garden again, accusing even Arsene's mildest critics of wishing cancer upon him, in his usual restrained, dignified and moderate way.

Not likely to see him for a number of years, then? :-(

Ash
08-30-2017, 01:11 PM
Not likely to see him for a number of years, then? :-(

Arsene will turn it round eventually. He always does.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Arsene will turn it round eventually. He always does.

Well apart from last season, and while he deserves a lot of credit for having done so in the past he has done so from a position of strength.

If he loses Sanchez, Mustafi and Chamberlain at this stage then it is going to be very difficult to replace them, and as such one could argue we are theoretically weaker than last season – while others are mostly stronger or even a lot stronger.

The struggles of the N17 bunch in HA9 may yet be his salvation.

Burney
08-30-2017, 01:16 PM

But anyway, if you can see this and I can see this then why can a highly intelligent and dignified man such as AW not see it and reason that it is time to (figuratively) retire to the drawing room with a large brandy and a loaded Webley and do the decent thing?

This is what has caused me distress. The lack of dignity.

Bergkamp Was Best
08-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Wenger Out...

...Daenerys "Mother of Dragons" In.

We'd piss the league no problem! :nod:

Burney
08-30-2017, 01:20 PM
Wenger Out...

She's a bit 'route one', tbh. All 'lump it up to the big lad and let him do the damage'. Tyrion's more your Arsene 'walk it into the goal' type.

Sir C
08-30-2017, 01:21 PM
But anyway, if you can see this and I can see this then why can a highly intelligent and dignified man such as AW not see it and reason that it is time to (figuratively) retire to the drawing room with a large brandy and a loaded Webley and do the decent thing?

This is what has caused me distress. The lack of dignity.

I suppose he is at the eye of the storm; he knows that he is the single most important figure in the running of a multi-million pound business and he clearly enjoys it. The opinion of reasoned chaps such as you and I is of little relevance to him, since we are very much not at the eye of the storm, and the 'opinions' of the troglodyte faction (wes) should be dismissed as the ravings of the demented.

SWv2
08-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Wenger Out...

So ... was there a big fight between the living dragon and the I suppose zombie dragon?

Burney
08-30-2017, 01:27 PM
So ... was there a big fight between the living dragon and the I suppose zombie dragon?

Nah. That'll be next season. The zombie dragon just fúcked The Wall out the window.

redgunamo
08-30-2017, 01:30 PM
I suppose he is at the eye of the storm; he knows that he is the single most important figure in the running of a multi-million pound business and he clearly enjoys it. The opinion of reasoned chaps such as you and I is of little relevance to him, since we are very much not at the eye of the storm, and the 'opinions' of the troglodyte faction (wes) should be dismissed as the ravings of the demented.

Plus, the money's good and He doesn't have anything better to do anyway. The model professional really.

Bergkamp Was Best
08-30-2017, 01:31 PM
She's a bit 'route one', tbh. All 'lump it up to the big lad and let him do the damage'. Tyrion's more your Arsene 'walk it into the goal' type.

I'd love to see that smug koont Mourinho getting incinerated by one of those dragons, that would wipe the smirk off of his annoyingly arrogant face...along with the entire lower tier near the dug out it has to be said.

Ash
08-30-2017, 01:38 PM
along with the entire lower tier near the dug out it has to be said.

Steady on there. You might take out Jorge. :-(

eastgermanautos
08-30-2017, 02:32 PM

Nice bit of bidness. :clap: