PDA

View Full Version : Edged? GONE!

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Well played though.

Burney
08-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Well played though.

Squeaky bum time straight after tea, I fancy. Stick or twist?

Either way, a great test match. It really is a superb game.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 03:05 PM
Squeaky bum time straight after tea, I fancy. Stick or twist?

Either way, a great test match. It really is a superb game.

Oh, sure. I enjoy the thing either way but England winning a great match is best of all.

Burney
08-29-2017, 03:10 PM
Oh, sure. I enjoy the thing either way but England winning a great match is best of all.

Thing is, it's the same for both sides. Will England dare attack with only 123 runs to defend? Will Windies dare to go for it and risk losing a clutch of wickets?

Being behind in the series, I guess WI have to go for it more than England do. However, England made the sporting declaration. Trying to close the game down now would be a bit shabby.

Going into the final session of a test with all four results still on the table, though. Long time since that happened in an England game.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Thing is, it's the same for both sides. Will England dare attack with only 123 runs to defend? Will Windies dare to go for it and risk losing a clutch of wickets?

Being behind in the series, I guess WI have to go for it more than England do. However, England made the sporting declaration. Trying to close the game down now would be a bit shabby.

Going into the final session of a test with all four results still on the table, though. Long time since that happened in an England game.

On the radio all Summer, they've been pondering teams' (not just England's) ability and willingness to overcome even modest first innings deficits.

Well, it's professionalism, innit. Pros know a lost cause when they see one and it's not the end of the world for them anyway. Often makes life better, in fact. You said yourself that many professionals don't actually like their chosen profession.

Jimmy on a hatrick, straight after tea :-)