PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Evans....

PSRB
08-29-2017, 01:43 PM
I find it hard to get excited about a CB signing at the best of the times, did I miss the whole bit where Jonny Evans became a decent CB?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 01:48 PM
I find it hard to get excited about a CB signing at the best of the times, did I miss the whole bit where Jonny Evans became a decent CB?

Yeah, I'm finding that a strange one. I'm still trying to work out why we would let Mustafi go. I'm guessing he wants out?

Ash
08-29-2017, 01:49 PM

Silvestre. It's happening again.

Pat Vegas
08-29-2017, 01:51 PM

This rumour was around last time.

PSRB
08-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I'm finding that a strange one. I'm still trying to work out why we would let Mustafi go. I'm guessing he wants out?

Rumour is that he's had a falling out with AW

PSRB
08-29-2017, 01:53 PM
This rumour was around last time.

Ornstein has confirmed it though, that's why I'm now a bit more concerned

Pat Vegas
08-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Ornstein has confirmed it though, that's why I'm now a bit more concerned

I want to know what Mustafi has done wrong, Something must have happened there. it's very strange.

We are going to end up with a load of junk :-(

SWv2
08-29-2017, 01:55 PM
Silvestre. It's happening again.

He is like the bastárd son of a deviant sexual liaison between Steve Bould and Franco Baresi compared to Silvestre.

He is an average steady PL experienced defender, and relatively speaking he is cheap. Essentially a perfect 4th choice for the sides who are reported to be looking at signing him.

Dirty prod mind you.

PSRB
08-29-2017, 01:57 PM
I want to know what Mustafi has done wrong, Something must have happened there. it's very strange.

We are going to end up with a load of junk :-(

Well the other rumour is that he and Perez were not players AW wanted to sign and now he's got his contract he's discarding them.......not sure I believe that

Pat Vegas
08-29-2017, 01:59 PM
Well the other rumour is that he and Perez were not players AW wanted to sign and now he's got his contract he's discarding them.......not sure I believe that

Seems a bit elaborate.
Though all these names been thrown about we won't sign them.
We'll end up with Evans and Mahrez :-(

SWv2
08-29-2017, 01:59 PM

Seems a little too twisted for me.

Apart from Perez as he clearly never wanted him.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Seems a little too twisted for me.

Apart from Perez as he clearly never wanted him.I'm not sure. I'm sure Wenger would've wanted him at that price.

Pat Vegas
08-29-2017, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure. I'm sure Wenger would've wanted him at that price.

That's why he gave him the number 9.

and now Lacazette is on the bench :sherlock:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Rumour is that he's had a falling out with AW

So our deck of cards is collapsing

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 02:12 PM

A couple of hundred games for Manchester United and a few league titles, for that money. May as well make him captain too.

PSRB
08-29-2017, 02:12 PM
So our deck of cards is collapsing

Does all rather seem to point in that direction. That being said, weren't Chelsea in a worse situation in October after we beat them 3-0?! All turned out well there

SWv2
08-29-2017, 02:14 PM
Surely if we really wanted this Evans protestant fellow we would simply have chucked them a Gibbs for free and cut a sweet deal at the time.

In summary, it is nonsense.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 02:14 PM
Does all rather seem to point in that direction. That being said, weren't Chelsea in a worse situation in October after we beat them 3-0?! All turned out well there

Practically the same team that had recently won the league though :-\

PSRB
08-29-2017, 02:15 PM

FA Cup winners 2018 then :-)

Peter
08-29-2017, 02:17 PM

Yes, but then they didnt have a manager with a 21 year record of doing the same thing over and over again in response to problems.

This is nothing we havent seen before. Expect the same response- nothing.

Things will pick up once we have some easier games. First of all he can revert to his beloved back four. At least Wenger will then be happy.

SWv2
08-29-2017, 02:17 PM

And a good manager.

Not a former top manager who had lost his way.

#wengerout

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 02:23 PM

Whose purchases were these then, Bould, Gazidis?

IIRC, Wenger never wanted Welbeck when he joined. Wasn't Wenger farting about at the Vatican when Welbeck signed?

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 02:25 PM

IIRC, Wenger never wanted Welbeck when he joined. Wasn't Wenger farting about at the Vatican when Welbeck signed?

Apparently so, but He did also take the time to check with Sir Alex first, to make sure it was OK.

Pat Vegas
08-29-2017, 02:26 PM

well he seems to like him now

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Apparently so, but He did also take the time to check with Sir Alex first, to make sure it was OK.

Terrific! I don't think Jonny "Good" Evans has ever won the Cup.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 02:27 PM
well he seems to like him now

:nod: He thinks he's like a fifty million pound striker.

In fairness, I like #Welbz too.

Pat Vegas
08-29-2017, 02:29 PM

:nod:
Nice lad.

SWv2
08-29-2017, 02:31 PM
:nod:
Nice lad.

Shít footballer sadly.

Peter
08-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Shít footballer sadly.

Good footballer, **** striker.

As red suggested, stick him at wing back.

Pat Vegas
08-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Shít footballer sadly.

he's weird sometimes the ball is stuck to his feet and he looks amazing.
it's just when he does have a chance to score he scuffs it.

PSRB
08-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Shít footballer sadly.

Hmm, **** finisher, not bad footballer, imo

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Good footballer, **** striker.

As red suggested, stick him at wing back.

:nod: And now the Ox is off, we could even return Lacazette to his best position.

On the pitch, I mean. Not the bench.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 02:35 PM
He is like the bastárd son of a deviant sexual liaison between Steve Bould and Franco Baresi compared to Silvestre.

He is an average steady PL experienced defender, and relatively speaking he is cheap. Essentially a perfect 4th choice for the sides who are reported to be looking at signing him.

Dirty prod mind you.

What is your issue with Prods?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 02:39 PM

I kind of like Welbz. He is an honest lad and gives it a go. Just not that good when he gets in to the box.

Mind, not really a Wenger type of player at all

SWv2
08-29-2017, 03:22 PM
What is your issue with Prods?

None.

Just would not trust one in the centre of my defence*

*or anywhere else for that matter

SWv2
08-29-2017, 03:29 PM
I kind of like Welbz. He is an honest lad and gives it a go. Just not that good when he gets in to the box.

Mind, not really a Wenger type of player at all

Surely you can see the slight issue here when the best you can say about a multi million pound earning professional footballer, one who is entrusted by the manager on occasion to be our central attacking threat, our bayonet if you will, is that “He is an honest lad and gives it a go”.

He is not fat Tony from the Dog and Duck second 11.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 03:33 PM
Surely you can see the slight issue here when the best you can say about a multi million pound earning professional footballer, one who is entrusted by the manager on occasion to be our central attacking threat, our bayonet if you will, is that “He is an honest lad and gives it a go”.

At the moment though, within the context of our team, that tribute carries some real meaning, or weight.

SWv2
08-29-2017, 03:40 PM
At the moment though, within the context of our team, that tribute carries some real meaning, or weight.

Our players are largely ****s though, let’s call a spade a spade (no offence there big man).

Welbeck – runs around, when you get sick of him running around you realise he is in all reality not very good.
Walcott – runs very fast in a straight line, then etc …
Giroud – useful the odd time as a sub, play him more regularly and his glaring deficiencies become more glaring, in essence a ****. And that is before any of his mirror**** tendencies.
Chamberlain – see Walcott
Ramsey – increasingly appears to be confused as to how to be a midfielder, or is simply carrying out orders.
Xhaka – attempts a backheel to his own keeper from inside the 6 yard box.
Evans – ex United
Sterling – too fertile or too stupid
Cech – the hat
Bellerin – the stupid hair, can't defend, another fast runner in a straight line

It is increasingly difficult to actually like any of them.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 03:45 PM
So, that's that then :-|

Our players are largely ****s though, let’s call a spade a spade (no offence there big man).

Welbeck – runs around, when you get sick of him running around you realise he is in all reality not very good.
Walcott – runs very fast in a straight line, then etc …
Giroud – useful the odd time as a sub, play him more regularly and his glaring deficiencies become more glaring, in essence a ****. And that is before any of his mirror**** tendencies.
Chamberlain – see Walcott
Ramsey – increasingly appears to be confused as to how to be a midfielder, or is simply carrying out orders.
Xhaka – attempts a backheel to his own keeper from inside the 6 yard box.
Evans – ex United
Sterling – too fertile or too stupid
Cech – the hat
Bellerin – the stupid hair, can't defend, another fast runner in a straight line

It is increasingly difficult to actually like any of them.

SWv2
08-29-2017, 03:55 PM
Ahh, we'll love them all when they win the Prem/Europa double in May.

Thanks R

:hehe:

For the record I don't think we need to actually like our players, we are not 12 after all.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 04:02 PM
For the record I don't think we need to actually like our players, we are not 12 after all.

It does help though, at a hundred and twenty five quid a pop. Same for my twelve year old and then there's his brothers and all the sundries :-\

SWv2
08-29-2017, 04:16 PM
It does help though, at a hundred and twenty five quid a pop. Same for my twelve year old and then there's his brothers and all the sundries :-\

My young lad proudly announced on Sunday that Lacazatte was the best striker in the PL.

:-\

I just ruffled his hair and told him to go out into the back garden and play.

It was Sunday, around 5:00pm.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 04:19 PM
My young lad proudly announced on Sunday that Lacazatte was the best striker in the PL.

:-\

I just ruffled his hair and told him to go out into the back garden and play.

It was Sunday, around 5:00pm.

Poor wee mite :-(

#WengerOut

SWv2
08-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Poor wee mite :-(

#WengerOut

Went to football training last night, he had the full kit on, Lacazette 9 on his back.

Other kids laughed and poked fun, so I kicked them when the match started at the end.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 04:36 PM
Went to football training last night, he had the full kit on, Lacazette 9 on his back.

Other kids laughed and poked fun, so I kicked them when the match started at the end.

:hehe: Proper fatherly response. We've all got to learn.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 05:25 PM

Who said that is the "best" I can say about the lad? It is an opinion, not necessarily the best or only opinion. I have plenty more where that came from.

redgunamo
08-29-2017, 06:35 PM
Who said that is the "best" I can say about the lad? It is an opinion, not necessarily the best or only opinion. I have plenty more where that came from.

OK. Go on then .. :rubchin:

Tony C
08-29-2017, 07:16 PM
I also don't get trying to get max value for Perez but you let Gabriel go for £10m...made a bit of a loss there.