PDA

View Full Version : I've got a couple of duck breasts.

Sir C
08-29-2017, 12:55 PM
(Yes, I have seen the doctor about it.)

Can anyone think of anything to do with them less obvious than the straightforward magret? (Yes, I have considered poking them up my árse.)

Burney
08-29-2017, 12:57 PM

Can anyone think of anything to do with them less obvious than the straightforward magret? (Yes, I have considered poking them up my árse.)

I would suggest a fruit sauce, but you would become angry.

Sir C
08-29-2017, 12:58 PM
I would suggest a fruit sauce, but you would become angry.

Enraged, actually.

Magret de canard with duck fat chips it is, then. Also peas. Peas are good.

Burney
08-29-2017, 12:59 PM
Enraged, actually.

Magret de canard with duck fat chips it is, then. Also peas. Peas are good.

Just a little red wine reduction with a tablespoon of jam

Sir C
08-29-2017, 01:00 PM
Just a little red wine reduction with a tablespoon of jam

For. Fúck's. Sake.

Peter
08-29-2017, 01:11 PM

**** them out the window, order a pizza and get on the bugle with some finest east european lager.

That is what I would do. Perhaps not bother with the pizza.

SWv2
08-29-2017, 01:12 PM

Some mash perhaps.

World's End Stella
08-29-2017, 01:47 PM
Throw them out. Cooked longer than medium rare and they are like leather, cooked medium rare or rare they taste of liver.

Duck legs are gorgeous, duck breasts are a waste of time and effort. Which is why I never have roast duck. :shrug:

Sir C
08-29-2017, 01:49 PM
Throw them out. Cooked longer than medium rare and they are like leather, cooked medium rare or rare they taste of liver.

Duck legs are gorgeous, duck breasts are a waste of time and effort. Which is why I never have roast duck. :shrug:

1. They don't taste of liver.
2. What is wrong with the taste of liver?
3. On matters of high finance I have little doubt that you are pretty much a genius. As far as food and football are concerned, I am afraid it is remedial classes for you :judge:

World's End Stella
08-29-2017, 01:55 PM
3. On matters of high finance I have little doubt that you are pretty much a genius. As far as food and football are concerned, I am afraid it is remedial classes for you :judge:

If I was a finance genius I wouldn't still be working. :-(

And might I remind you who recommended LRK, hmmm?

As for football, your timing is all over the shop, Charles. Watching Carragher, Souness and Henry literally Geoff repeating what I have been saying about Ramsey and Ramsey/Xhaka for years gave me great pleasure. I'm one step ahead, me.

Vindication is mine. :cloud9:

Burney
08-29-2017, 02:27 PM

I imagine he means that they have a somewhat ferrous flavour that, on a very basic level, would make them taste a little like liver.

Norn Iron
08-29-2017, 02:30 PM
You've put me in the mood to make a roast beef dinner.

Although, it may be one of those meals I put loads of effort in to & I end up wishing I'd got a takeaway

SWv2
08-29-2017, 03:26 PM
You've put me in the mood to make a roast beef dinner.

Although, it may be one of those meals I put loads of effort in to & I end up wishing I'd got a takeaway

Hold on Norn, I didn’t think you were so domestically enhanced as to be doing roast dinners.

Or am I confusing you with another.

Norn Iron
08-29-2017, 04:06 PM
Hold on Norn, I didn’t think you were so domestically enhanced as to be doing roast dinners.

Or am I confusing you with another.

Oh, you're right. After I typed it I was thinking to myself - 'hold on, I don't even know how to make gravy'. :-\

Sir C
08-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Oh, you're right. After I typed it I was thinking to myself - 'hold on, I don't even know how to make gravy'. :-\

:-( I could teach you, norn. Maybe I'll start a youtube channel and become rich!

The Insider
08-29-2017, 05:41 PM

Duck Vindaloo. The proper one made with lots of vinegar.