PDA

View Full Version : I made the sensible and mature decision to avoid that game like the plague

Peter
08-29-2017, 08:23 AM
So I am in a relatively good mood. I also cant really comment on what happened but obviously i have seen it plenty of times before.

Everything else aside, you have to say that third goal was hilarious. The back line of our defence is 20 yards into the liverpool half leaving 60 yards off space behind them the second Bellerin miscontrols a header from our own corner.

In any league, at any level, that is so absurd that it defies belief. I once saw a pub player get punched in the face by his own captain for something similar.

Wenger's Arsenal at its finest :hehe::bow:

Burney
08-29-2017, 08:25 AM
So I am in a relatively good mood. I also cant really comment on what happened but obviously i have seen it plenty of times before.

Everything else aside, you have to say that third goal was hilarious. The back line of our defence is 20 yards into the liverpool half leaving 60 yards off space behind them the second Bellerin miscontrols a header from our own corner.

In any league, at any level, that is so absurd that it defies belief. I once saw a pub player get punched in the face by his own captain for something similar.

I chose instead to watch the surprisingly enthralling test match. wd the Windies for actually making a game of what after the first test I'd assumed was going to be a cake walk.

PSRB
08-29-2017, 08:25 AM

:nod: If you're the last man, then you just don't take a chance

PSRB
08-29-2017, 08:26 AM
I chose instead to watch the surprisingly enthralling test match. wd the Windies for actually making a game of what after the first test I'd assumed was going to be a cake walk.

It's a cracking test match, think we've done well to wrestle back control

Sir C
08-29-2017, 08:27 AM

I was engaged in smoking a pig's butt, having a swim, drinking champagne and enjoying the sunshine. It was a most pleasant afternoon. A glance at twitter, revealing the predictable meltdown of the demented, added a touch of amusement to proceedings.

Peter
08-29-2017, 08:28 AM
:nod: If you're the last man, then you just don't take a chance

I think the crucial point is why is the last man (two of them actually) standing 15 yards outside the opposition box. When did that become a good idea? And when the ball comes out to them they both move towards it :-O

THease are the things you have to tell the slightly mental kid who turns up for a kick about one day. Even he normally gets it

Peter
08-29-2017, 08:29 AM

Yes, that got rather interesting. With four wickets down I noted we were effectively 75-4. About normal then :)

Burney
08-29-2017, 08:29 AM
I was engaged in smoking a pig's butt, having a swim, drinking champagne and enjoying the sunshine. It was a most pleasant afternoon. A glance at twitter, revealing the predictable meltdown of the demented, added a touch of amusement to proceedings.

Good lord. You actually used the pool?

Sir C
08-29-2017, 08:30 AM
Good lord. You actually used the pool?

Yes, it's had a little use this summer, although my shoulder issues mean I can do little more than bob, really.

Pat Vegas
08-29-2017, 08:30 AM

I went to one of London's parks and drank several beers and ciders then wondering why I did not feel anything I discovered non alocholic versions had been purchased :-(

This is not typical behaviour for me.

World's End Stella
08-29-2017, 08:31 AM
I think the crucial point is why is the last man (two of them actually) standing 15 yards outside the opposition box. When did that become a good idea? And when the ball comes out to them they both move towards it :-O

THease are the things you have to tell the slightly mental kid who turns up for a kick about one day. Even he normally gets it

You chose well, Peter. Although you missed Carragher singling out Ramsey's 'play' in the build up to their first goal. It was absolutely hilarious and utterly vindicated our previously stated view of him.

Perhaps someone more talented in youtube searches than I can get a link for you.

It actually made me laugh out loud. And then want to kill him. :-(

Burney
08-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Yes, that got rather interesting. With four wickets down I noted we were effectively 75-4. About normal then :)

Exactly. I felt a bit sorry for the West Indies as our lead started to mount. Mind you, if you don't hold your bloody catches, you deserve to lose.

Burney
08-29-2017, 08:34 AM
It's a cracking test match, think we've done well to wrestle back control

We have. Moeen and Stokes are good to watch, I must say. That said, I was thinking when we went into bat that if we made 400 we'd win the game. Having made more, I think it's a racing certainty.

Burney
08-29-2017, 08:38 AM
Yes, it's had a little use this summer, although my shoulder issues mean I can do little more than bob, really.

Oh, dear. Is it that bad, then? :-(

Perhaps its Karma for all these piggies' shoulders you keep devouring?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 08:40 AM

I decided to go to Whitstable for the day so didn't watch the game. It was a lovely warm day and a much more preferable day out.

I only wish I put a bet on 4-0 as that was my fear. Having seen the highlights, I'm glad I missed it.

Sir C
08-29-2017, 08:41 AM
Oh, dear. Is it that bad, then? :-(

Perhaps its Karma for all these piggies' shoulders you keep devouring?

It's improving, slowly, and it's far better than it was.

Peter
08-29-2017, 08:43 AM
You chose well, Peter. Although you missed Carragher singling out Ramsey's 'play' in the build up to their first goal. It was absolutely hilarious and utterly vindicated our previously stated view of him.

Perhaps someone more talented in youtube searches than I can get a link for you.

It actually made me laugh out loud. And then want to kill him. :-(

Having not watched it I perhaps shouldn't comment but..... it does appear from what I have seen this season that the overall team is such a mess that looking at individuals is missing the point.

Ramsey might be a very good player under a proper manager who tells him and everyone else what to do and ****s them out the door if they don't do it.

Probably not. I am afraid I have felt for years that Ramsey never got over his injury, psychologically. He is **** scared of being in possession in deeper, central areas, particularly when teams are pressing the ball. He flings it on to someone else straight away and most of the time makes sure he is not in a position to receive it. In short, he hides in games. WE have all done it.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-29-2017, 08:43 AM

Did you wear a hooped bathing costume and straw hat ?

Peter
08-29-2017, 08:44 AM
Exactly. I felt a bit sorry for the West Indies as our lead started to mount. Mind you, if you don't hold your bloody catches, you deserve to lose.

Bairstow really didnt get the memo about 'respecting test cricket' did he. Stokes and Moeen are showing how you can counter attack without going into one day mode and taking silly risks. He needs to sort his head out.

Sir C
08-29-2017, 08:44 AM
I decided to go to Whitstable for the day so didn't watch the game. It was a lovely warm day and a much more preferable day out.

I only wish I put a bet on 4-0 as that was my fear. Having seen the highlights, I'm glad I missed it.

If you pop up the coast to Seasalter there's a really lovely restaurant called Jojo's. Better than anything in Whitstable bar the fancy dan Wheeler's.

Sir C
08-29-2017, 08:45 AM
Did you wear a hooped bathing costume and straw hat ?

Naturally. Woollen. And I smoke a pipe.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-29-2017, 08:45 AM
A glance at twitter, revealing the predictable meltdown of the demented, added a touch of amusement to proceedings.

It was bad
We are well and truly in the ****

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 08:48 AM
If you pop up the coast to Seasalter there's a really lovely restaurant called Jojo's. Better than anything in Whitstable bar the fancy dan Wheeler's.

I'm not up to speed with the North Kent coast cuisine locations of choice. Presumably, we better all "chow down" before Monty moves in and it all goes to pot.

Burney
08-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Bairstow really didnt get the memo about 'respecting test cricket' did he. Stokes and Moeen are showing how you can counter attack without going into one day mode and taking silly risks. He needs to sort his head out.

I was watching it on my iPad with my earphones in the garden and (apparently) shouted 'What the fùck was that, you thick, ugly, ginger cùnt?' when he played that shot. I thought I'd said it in a reasonable tone, but apparently not.

I'm not sure my neighbours appreciated that too much. After all, if they wanted to hear that sort of thing being bellowed uncouthly, they'd move in next to WES. :-\

Sir C
08-29-2017, 08:56 AM
I'm not up to speed with the North Kent coast cuisine locations of choice. Presumably, we better all "chow down" before Monty moves in and it all goes to pot.

Whitstable needsa little care, actually. It is easy to eat expensively and badly. monty will undoubtedly drag the tone of the place down.

Burney
08-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Whitstable needsa little care, actually. It is easy to eat expensively and badly. monty will undoubtedly drag the tone of the place down.

You're fine if you stick to oyster and lobsters imo.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 09:02 AM

Is there any other reason to go there?

Burney
08-29-2017, 09:03 AM

I saw Vic Reeves wandering around with his family when I last went. And a bric-a-brac shop had Peter Cushing's telly for sale.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
08-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Your neighbours are in hearing distance? You poor thing b

Sir C
08-29-2017, 09:13 AM

Not necessarily.

SWv2
08-29-2017, 09:13 AM

I went to a wedding there once, 2001 at a guess. Can't remember much about the ceremony as it was heathen in origin but the celebratory thing after was in a pub which was ace.

Stayed on the beach front. It was lovely.

Peter
08-29-2017, 09:42 AM
I was watching it on my iPad with my earphones in the garden and (apparently) shouted 'What the fùck was that, you thick, ugly, ginger cùnt?' when he played that shot. I thought I'd said it in a reasonable tone, but apparently not.

I'm not sure my neighbours appreciated that too much. After all, if they wanted to hear that sort of thing being bellowed uncouthly, they'd move in next to WES. :-\

Don't you live in Cheshunt? That sort of talk is expected isn't it?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2017, 09:50 AM
I went to a wedding there once, 2001 at a guess. Can't remember much about the ceremony as it was heathen in origin but the celebratory thing after was in a pub which was ace.

Stayed on the beach front. It was lovely.

We spent most of the afternoon on the beach front at the Old Neptune, which was lovely until they ran out of the good beer. Fortunately for us it was just about time for dinner at that point.

Burney
08-29-2017, 09:58 AM
Don't you live in Cheshunt? That sort of talk is expected isn't it?

No, I do not! I live in Ware, p. Much nicer. Cheshunt is a shïtheap.