PDA

View Full Version : So we're apparently LOANING out Mustafi to Inter.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-28-2017, 09:52 AM
This truly is a new era of banter from Arsene.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-28-2017, 11:52 AM
This is just about the most disgraceful football business decision in our recent history. After being fed a litany of financial responsibilitiy for years we basically spend £35 million pounds and, a year on when prices have exploded even further, loan him abroad so that his value will gradually diminish to nothing.

And no-one is responsible for this of course.

7sisters
08-28-2017, 12:01 PM
This is just about the most disgraceful football business decision in our recent history. After being fed a litany of financial responsibilitiy for years we basically spend £35 million pounds and, a year on when prices have exploded even further, loan him abroad so that his value will gradually diminish to nothing.

I'm going to cling to the hope that it's because his family wants out and not that it's anything football related.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-28-2017, 12:45 PM
I'm going to cling to the hope that it's because his family wants out and not that it's anything football related.

I respect that. But he has a contract and we paid a lot of money for him and that can only be recovered by selling him, not loaning him.

George Morrell's Tache
08-28-2017, 01:20 PM
I respect that. But he has a contract and we paid a lot of money for him and that can only be recovered by selling him, not loaning him.

Absolutely, a loan deal for a player we paid 35m for is an absurdity. We loan on the basis that we don't actually want them and they can't be shifted, or for young players who need experience. If he wants out for personal reasons, I understand that, but like you I think he has to be sold and a replacement sought.

It's a ****ing shambles tbh...

Rich
08-28-2017, 02:15 PM

'Catalyst for change' we were told. We were not told that missing out on the CL meant that we didn't have a pot to piss in when it comes to transfers.

It must mean we have someone coming in. VVD, Seri and Draxler is the only thing that'll appease me. And that shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility given that Ox is off to Chelsea as well.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-28-2017, 02:29 PM
'Catalyst for change' we were told. We were not told that missing out on the CL meant that we didn't have a pot to piss in when it comes to transfers.

It must mean we have someone coming in. VVD, Seri and Draxler is the only thing that'll appease me. And that shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility given that Ox is off to Chelsea as well.

The only people coming in are the bailiffs.

The Rob2
08-28-2017, 02:32 PM

you wouldn't even be surprised would you

the club is run by clowns

SWv2
08-28-2017, 02:39 PM

Big fan of Seri?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-28-2017, 02:41 PM

So long as you're appeased, Rich, that is the most important thing.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-28-2017, 02:56 PM
It's over. It was nice while it lasted.

Team to be officially renamed Joke Town.

redgunamo
08-28-2017, 05:42 PM
Big fan of Seri?

No, another midget.

Just Trent
08-28-2017, 10:23 PM

It's the sort of thing we laughed at when Chelsea or City started doing it a few years ago. They'd loan out a guy who cost them £20m, then loads of Arsenal fans would all sneer, and look down upon them from our financial morale high ground. When City and Chelsea do it, they are usually buying somebody better, and can easily afford to write off the loss. You have to wonder what the hell is going on at Arsenal right now?

Mo Britain less Europe
08-28-2017, 10:41 PM
It's the sort of thing we laughed at when Chelsea or City started doing it a few years ago. They'd loan out a guy who cost them £20m, then loads of Arsenal fans would all sneer, and look down upon them from our financial morale high ground. When City and Chelsea do it, they are usually buying somebody better, and can easily afford to write off the loss. You have to wonder what the hell is going on at Arsenal right now?

As you say, difference is they can afford it. We'll be lucky if we can get Jonny Evans now.

Tony C
08-28-2017, 10:48 PM
Don't worry...ELNENY is the new Beckenbauer :cloud9:

You know how petty Arsene is...was he probably upset he spent so much on a defender rather that a flashy midget midfielder.