PDA

View Full Version : AW Wasn't exactly in denial mode when asked about Mustafi leaving

Pokster
08-24-2017, 11:41 AM
either he has a new CB planned or his master plan is to play fullbacks in as many positions as possble

Pat Vegas
08-24-2017, 11:47 AM
either he has a new CB planned or his master plan is to play fullbacks in as many positions as possble

The new CB is called Holding imo. Chambers will stick around.

This is all very strange. a week left and we are still ****ing about.
No doubt we'll sell but then there 'won't be enough time' to get replacements.

Anyway Lacazette was clearly signed as Sanchez's replacement, It wasn't a direct like for like player but if sanchez goes I don't think we'll be signing a big name.

Like when we sold Podolski I knew all along he was brought in to replace van Persie.

redgunamo
08-24-2017, 11:52 AM

Anyway Lacazette was clearly signed as Sanchez's replacement, It wasn't a direct like for like player but if sanchez goes I don't think we'll be signing a big name.

Like when we sold Podolski I knew all along he was brought in to replace van Persie.

*Bought* Podolski, Don't you mean? And Giroud.

Giroud actually auto-corrects as "Girlie". Very unfair, I think.

Pat Vegas
08-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Exactly, my posts are like jazz,

lunch, what is good for?

SWv2
08-24-2017, 12:05 PM

He sounds like a man who is fúcking deluded.

The sales pitch to Chamberlain is embarrassing. We should not be grovelling to the bang average shít****.

“In all the conversations that I have had, I say that I want him to stay and be one of the big players of the future of this club,” Wenger said. “He is one of the players this team has to be built around in the future. Personally, I want him to commit to the club and be one of the carriers of the values of our team. I want to keep my best players. I only have one target – to keep everybody on board. I think we invested a lot of time, confidence and money on players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who we bought at a young age. For me, they have a responsibility for the future of this club because Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be one of the big English players in the coming years. I, personally, am highly determined to keep him here at the club and I hope he will commit.”

Then on Lemar. Fair enough to try and move on from it but if you take the last sentence as read then why would we be offering 50m in the first place.

“It’s dead because Monaco have closed the door,” Wenger said. “They are still on cases like Mbappé and Fabinho [in terms of selling them]. They’ve already lost Mendy, Bernardo Silva and Bakayoko, so Monaco is at a stage where they have closed the door. Is it a frustration? We have the numbers and we have the quality to deal with that."

World's End Stella
08-24-2017, 12:15 PM

The sales pitch to Chamberlain is embarrassing. We should not be grovelling to the bang average shít****.

“In all the conversations that I have had, I say that I want him to stay and be one of the big players of the future of this club,” Wenger said. “He is one of the players this team has to be built around in the future. Personally, I want him to commit to the club and be one of the carriers of the values of our team. I want to keep my best players. I only have one target – to keep everybody on board. I think we invested a lot of time, confidence and money on players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who we bought at a young age. For me, they have a responsibility for the future of this club because Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be one of the big English players in the coming years. I, personally, am highly determined to keep him here at the club and I hope he will commit.”

Then on Lemar. Fair enough to try and move on from it but if you take the last sentence as read then why would we be offering 50m in the first place.

“It’s dead because Monaco have closed the door,” Wenger said. “They are still on cases like Mbappé and Fabinho [in terms of selling them]. They’ve already lost Mendy, Bernardo Silva and Bakayoko, so Monaco is at a stage where they have closed the door. Is it a frustration? We have the numbers and we have the quality to deal with that."

See also 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Why is anyone surprised by this? We've been watching it for 7 years or so. :shrug:

redgunamo
08-24-2017, 12:15 PM
No

Simply because you always want to improve, if you can. There's no club in football that can have every player they want to buy, so you still have to get the best out of what you have.

Rich
08-24-2017, 12:21 PM

Asked whether Sanchez would be an Arsenal player on 1st September Wenger replied 'Yes.'

He clearly isn't going to let him leave, Fash. He gets very angry when people still ask.

redgunamo
08-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Asked whether Sanchez would be an Arsenal player on 1st September Wenger replied 'Yes.'

He clearly isn't going to let him leave, Fash. He gets very angry when people still ask.

People will believe that when they see it, imo. There is too much previous there.

Rich
08-24-2017, 12:28 PM
People will believe that when they see it, imo. There is too much previous there.

He has never been so consistently vociferous in the past, though. We've not sold our best players for a few years. And when we did it was when the club was in a poor financial state.

He even said that just because Sanchez is in the final 12 months of his contract that it will be impossible to renew it.

Tony C
08-24-2017, 12:40 PM
Told you guys...he's desperate to make Elneny the main man in the back 3...the Egyptian Mattias Samner

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-24-2017, 12:56 PM

Didn't Henry go from wing back to Striker in a matter of months?

SWv2
08-24-2017, 12:57 PM
No

Simply because you always want to improve, if you can. There's no club in football that can have every player they want to buy, so you still have to get the best out of what you have.

Stick it up your bóllocks :vsign:

...... sorry

Peter
08-24-2017, 01:12 PM
He has never been so consistently vociferous in the past, though. We've not sold our best players for a few years. And when we did it was when the club was in a poor financial state.

He even said that just because Sanchez is in the final 12 months of his contract that it will be impossible to renew it.

I am sure we all want to keep our best players but I doubt there are many on here who would consider it wise to allow Sanchez, OZil and Ox all to leave for nothing next summer. THat is a massive loss in terms of potential fees.

I expect Sanchez to leave. If wenger seems like he really means it this time then hopefully it will drive the price up a bit.

I half expect OX to leave as well.

Pat Vegas
08-24-2017, 01:17 PM

if a big offer comes in he will go. He is a player who wants to play every minute of every game, Now he hasn't featured at all for a bunch of mysterious reasons.

Pokster
08-24-2017, 01:19 PM
if a big offer comes in he will go. He is a player who wants to play every minute of every game, Now he hasn't featured at all for a bunch of mysterious reasons.

He has only missed 1 game really... Mustafi has only come back for 1 game since confed' cup action

Pat Vegas
08-24-2017, 01:21 PM
He has only missed 1 game really... Mustafi has only come back for 1 game since confed' cup action

:sherlock: and both of them may leave :sherlock:

Pokster
08-24-2017, 01:23 PM
:sherlock: and both of them may leave :sherlock:

Good point.... Chambers played in the Under 21's and might well be off, Holding went and has now been dropped from the squad.... Bellerin must be off as well

SWv2
08-24-2017, 01:35 PM

He had a sore tummy.

I defy any man to say they have never fallen foul of a sore tummy.

Pat Vegas
08-24-2017, 01:40 PM
He had a sore tummy.

I defy any man to say they have never fallen foul of a sore tummy.

And the flu but keeps travelling to Paris.

Hmm I suspect he has become an Allan.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-24-2017, 01:42 PM

This is my issue. He identifies a target and if he can't get them he usually won't bother with anyone else.

I'm hoping Draxler might fall into our laps once PSG get Mbappe.

SWv2
08-24-2017, 01:43 PM
And the flu but keeps travelling to Paris.

Hmm I suspect he has become an Allan.

Ah come on now, you are being unfair.

His sore tummy was basically his reason for not attending work. Having called in he is then free to spend the day as he pleases.

I defy any man to deny he has called in sick and then within an hour or two went to the pub for the day.

SWv2
08-24-2017, 01:46 PM
This is my issue. He identifies a target and if he can't get them he usually won't bother with anyone else.

I'm hoping Draxler might fall into our laps once PSG get Mbappe.

Quite my Swedish friend, I am in 100% agreement here.

He has identified a weakness in his squad and correctly sought to address it, having failed in his quest for target 1 he will now just sit back and make do. Lots of history in this respect.

I had always thought of Lemar as simply being Sanchez' replacement so perhaps that is a key factor here.

Pat Vegas
08-24-2017, 01:48 PM
Ah come on now, you are being unfair.

His sore tummy was basically his reason for not attending work. Having called in he is then free to spend the day as he pleases.

I defy any man to deny he has called in sick and then within an hour or two went to the pub for the day.

Have you ever called sick and you start believing your bull**** and start thinking/feeling you are sick.

SWv2
08-24-2017, 01:51 PM
Have you ever called sick and you start believing your bull**** and start thinking/feeling you are sick.

No F, as I am either sick or not sick. :hehe:

arse-nick (avid-analogue-addict)
08-24-2017, 09:14 PM
"best players", like clubs are queuing up for them, Sanchez not included. We've not had top calibre players here for yonks, that's why we win **** all, ffs!

PSRB
08-25-2017, 08:33 AM
"best players", like clubs are queuing up for them, Sanchez not included. We've not had top calibre players here for yonks, that's why we win **** all, ffs!

3 FA Cups in 4 years......