PDA

View Full Version : Builder types: What's so valuable or special about spirit levels?

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 08:32 AM
It's the one tool you will see them take home with them but don't be carrying anything else apart from an energy drink in the morning and beer on the way home.

Why is this, why not leave it at work?

Sir C
08-23-2017, 08:35 AM
It's the one tool you will see them take home with them but don't be carrying anything else apart from an energy drink in the morning and beer on the way home.

The spirit within must be fed and worshipped, lest it become angered, in which case it might give false readings and you'd end up with sloping shelves.

Shrood bunch of lads, builders.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 08:41 AM
The spirit within must be fed and worshipped, lest it become angered, in which case it might give false readings and you'd end up with sloping shelves.

I will get one. then another one, then another one.

Sir C I am going mental :-( I am going to f the Tokai I just bought out the window as I've been offered a good deal on a Gold top les paul.

Sir C
08-23-2017, 08:51 AM
I will get one. then another one, then another one.

Sir C I am going mental :-( I am going to f the Tokai I just bought out the window as I've been offered a good deal on a Gold top les paul.

:sigh: I thought you wanted to buy a house, hmm?

Will a Gold Top LP make you happy, f?

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 08:54 AM
:sigh: I thought you wanted to buy a house, hmm?

Will a Gold Top LP make you happy, f?

:hehe: I think so it has P90s

That aside I haven't lost any money. I sold my strat for more than I bought it and can return the Tokai.

I still want a telecaster though :-(

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 09:01 AM

My mate who knows about this stuff has text me back.

'When you are a builder you pay for your tools, you take the spirit level home as it doesn't fit in your lock box'

PSRB
08-23-2017, 09:02 AM
:hehe: I think so it has P90s

That aside I haven't lost any money. I sold my strat for more than I bought it and can return the Tokai.

I still want a telecaster though :-(

I've just ordered the new Xbox. Not really sure why as hardly use the old one. I just can't help myself, have had every new version on release date and it now just feels like I ought too

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 09:07 AM
I've just ordered the new, s****y Xbox. Not really sure why as hardly use the old one. I just can't help myself, have had every new version on release date and it now just feels like I ought too

:nod: but you know PSRB I still only have a PS3. my wife gets suspicious when she says why don't you buy some new shoes or jeans. I say nooo later I have no money left this month. Oh look here's the postman with my parcels.

I've calmed down with phones though I do have an iPhone 7 now but I waited a while before getting it. and I only got it as my old phone fell apart.

PSRB
08-23-2017, 09:20 AM
:nod: but you know PSRB I still only have a PS3. my wife gets suspicious when she says why don't you buy some new shoes or jeans. I say nooo later I have no money left this month. Oh look here's the postman with my parcels.

I've calmed down with phones though I do have an iPhone 7 now but I waited a while before getting it. and I only got it as my old phone fell apart.

Much the same with me, iPhone 5 died and thought I should probably get a 4G phone, so have the iPhone 7.

Ash
08-23-2017, 09:23 AM
I am going to f the Tokai I just bought out the window as I've been offered a good deal on a Gold top les paul.

--------------------------> :-|

See that little picture? ^^^^

That's me not saying anything.

SWv2
08-23-2017, 09:48 AM
My mate who knows about this stuff has text me back.

'When you are a builder you pay for your tools, you take the spirit level home as it doesn't fit in your lock box'

Robbery of builders tools, often from their van, is in fact a very lucrative black market business as they can easily be sold on within a very short period of time.

Burney
08-23-2017, 09:50 AM
Robbery of builders tools, often from their van, is in fact a very lucrative black market business as they can easily be sold on within a very short period of time.

Anyone who has a sign saying that no tools are kept in their van overnight DEFINITELY has tools in their van overnight imo.

SWv2
08-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Anyone who has a sign saying that no tools are kept in their van overnight DEFINITELY has tools in their van overnight imo.

Quite. Simply trying too hard.

This type of robbery is rife in Ireland and I believe, knowing of some chaps at my football club who have fallen victim, it is quite the loss to the builder type as basically he is unable to work the next day resulting in a loss of earnings and a resultant large outlay to replace said items.

I expect Sir C to have a comment to make here.

Sir C
08-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Quite. Simply trying too hard.

This type of robbery is rife in Ireland and I believe, knowing of some chaps at my football club who have fallen victim, it is quite the loss to the builder type as basically he is unable to work the next day resulting in a loss of earnings and a resultant large outlay to replace said items.

I expect Sir C to have a comment to make here.

:shrug: It's a tragic situation, sw. Very sad indeed.

I assume the victim simply calls the EU grant hotline and gets showered in more UK taxpayers' money?

SWv2
08-23-2017, 10:16 AM
:shrug: It's a tragic situation, sw. Very sad indeed.

I assume the victim simply calls the EU grant hotline and gets showered in more UK taxpayers' money?

No, I think the prescribed course of events is that they ring An Garda Siochana and inform them of the crime, AGS then sympathise and tell them that they know who is responsible, normally travellers, but inform the victim that they can't do anything in the absence of evidence.

Sir C
08-23-2017, 10:18 AM
No, I think the prescribed course of events is that they ring An Garda Siochana and inform them of the crime, AGS then sympathise and tell them that they know who is responsible, normally travellers, but inform the victim that they can't do anything in the absence of evidence.

Surely you have exported these travellers to our fair shores? The bástards appear to be everywhere. :-(

SWv2
08-23-2017, 10:27 AM
Surely you have exported these travellers to our fair shores? The bástards appear to be everywhere. :-(

I believe a lot of yours are your own.

Irish parentage perhaps but Brits like you and B.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 10:31 AM

There is one family near me of these types I believe.

The had some sort of wedding and they were all wearing peculiar blue suits.

SWv2
08-23-2017, 10:43 AM
There is one family near me of these types I believe.

The had some sort of wedding and they were all wearing peculiar blue suits.

I believe blue suits are quite fashionable.

FTR I don't wear suits. Had one one about 4 years ago for a funeral, not since.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2017, 10:51 AM

I found a top qualitee Spirit Level on some steps once
It has TWO spirit level bubble things
One for vertical and another for horizontal

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 10:53 AM
I found a top qualitee Spirit Level on some steps once
It has TWO spirit level bubble things
One for vertical and another for horizontal

on some steps. Probably forgot to take it with him after drinking his unpronounceable lager on said steps.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2017, 10:57 AM
on some steps. Probably forgot to take it with him after drinking his unpronounceable lager on said steps.

Yes I think pissedness was the reason for leaving his whopper behind
Why else ? !

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Yes I think pissedness was the reason for leaving his whopper behind
Why else ? !

Poor fella left his burger and his spirit level behind.

SWv2
08-23-2017, 11:18 AM
Poor fella left his burger and his spirit level behind.

Ah man, you would be gutted to leave your Whopper behind.

The indisputable king of the high street fast food burger, with cheese naturally.

PSRB
08-23-2017, 11:21 AM

The indisputable king of the high street fast food burger, with cheese naturally.

Spot on, perfect fast food would be Whopper with Cheese, McDonalds Fries, KFC gravy and McDonalds Coke (no idea why, it's just the best Coca Cola served anywhere)

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 11:23 AM

I haven't had Burger king for ages. I had McDonalds the other day for the first time in ages.
Uber eats :cloud9: good service.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Spot on, perfect fast food would be Whopper with Cheese, McDonalds Fries, KFC gravy and McDonalds Coke (no idea why, it's just the best Coca Cola served anywhere)

I like McDonalds Milkshakes.

SWv2
08-23-2017, 11:25 AM

That is indeed quite the meal there PSRB, all you are missing is a starter of a Fillet O Fish and 6 Nuggets as a side.

If in the unfortunate event that I am to be sentenced to death this is what I am asking for.

PSRB
08-23-2017, 11:28 AM
That is indeed quite the meal there PSRB, all you are missing is a starter of a Fillet O Fish and 6 Nuggets as a side.

If in the unfortunate event that I am to be sentenced to death this is what I am asking for.

Never been keen on a fish burger, perhaps one of the spicy KFC burgers as an extra. Oh and the nuggets have to be McDonalds, even the elder daughter turns her nose up at BK's effort

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Never been keen on a fish burger, perhaps one of the spicy KFC burgers as an extra. Oh and the nuggets have to be McDonalds, even the elder daughter turns her nose up at BK's effort

I miss the big breakfast :-(

PSRB
08-23-2017, 11:40 AM
I miss the big breakfast :-(

Blame Johnny Vaughan for being 2 faced and DvO for being a diva

Sir C
08-23-2017, 11:47 AM

I had a Five Guys the other day. Top quality but a fast food experience at a restaurant price.

World's End Stella
08-23-2017, 11:50 AM
Surely the best thing that McDonalds serves is the sausage and cheese egg Mcmuffin, by a mile?

In fact, I don't think I like anything they serve other than that.

World's End Stella
08-23-2017, 11:51 AM
I had a Five Guys the other day. Top quality but a fast food experience at a restaurant price.

Master WES is obsessed by their burgers, and Master WES is a burger monster.

Bacon and cheese burger with lettuce, onion, pickle, mayo, mustard and ketchup, is his choice I believe.

SWv2
08-23-2017, 11:54 AM

Cheeseburger "all the way" or whatever the appropriate term was for every topping they had. Messy as fúck all the same.

And yes, pricey for what it is.

Preferred Byron when I was last in your city.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 11:56 AM
Cheeseburger "all the way" or whatever the appropriate term was for every topping they had. Messy as fúck all the same.

And yes, pricey for what it is.

Preferred Byron when I was last in your city.

Fatburger is good. though I think there is only one in London in Camden.

SWv2
08-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Surely the best thing that McDonalds serves is the sausage and cheese egg Mcmuffin, by a mile?

Yes of course, but different meals.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 11:59 AM

They have it right in the states you can buy them all day :cloud9:

don't like that other thing that's similar the Mcgridle :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Fatburger is good. though I think there is only one in London in Camden.

There is a gap for FashBurger

No sales because nobody can decide what they want

Ash
08-23-2017, 02:45 PM

Sounds like a Reggie Perrin innovation.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 02:48 PM

Welcome to Fashburger where Fash is King.
What can we have on the menu?

Fashfingers? Fillet O'Fash which is an Irish fish dish served on Fridays.

Every 5 burgers you get 'Fashback' which is my loyalty scheme.

Our meal deal is called the Fash-onplate.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 02:49 PM

We have those in sachets they will cost 10p

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2017, 02:51 PM
We have those in sachets they will cost 10p

Reggie Perrins sauce

Great !
Super

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2017, 03:08 PM

A student ordered a MCDonalds burger on one of those new machines where you can take out what you want your burger to go without

She took out :

the tomato
the lettuce
the goo
the cheese
the patty and the bun

She was charged 99p for a nothing burger

Ash
08-23-2017, 03:12 PM
She was charged 99p for a nothing burger

aka a CNN fake news russiagate story

Burney
08-23-2017, 03:20 PM

Bangers 'n Fash, which is sausages served by John Fashanu shouting 'AWOOGA!'.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2017, 03:23 PM

I will select Corned Beef Fash
They serve you a fork and a tin of corned beef and leave you to get on with it

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 03:24 PM

Would you like and Fashbrowns?

Burney
08-23-2017, 03:24 PM

Fash Browns on the breakfast menu. These are hash browns served by John Fashanu shouting 'AWOOGA!'

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Fash Browns on the breakfast menu. These are hash browns served by John Fashanu shouting 'AWOOGA!'

Why do I think the only waitress at FashBurgers is John Fashanu ?

Ash
08-23-2017, 03:29 PM

There will be a special queue for 'Fash payments only'.

Pat Vegas

Because it's quite likely it might happen.

If he is good I will promote him to manager.

I hope for a Gus Fring type presence.

Pat Vegas

:cloud9: all the tables have tube maps on them.

we have a computer system for ordering if you prefer.
The Fashboard.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2017, 03:31 PM
Does anybody want to join in this venture.

This is no Fash in the pan.

Burney
08-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Does anybody want to join in this venture.

This is no Fash in the pan.

'Fash in the Pan' is what you'll call your first TV series and cookbook, f.

Maravilloso Marvo
08-23-2017, 03:34 PM

You could get Justin Fashanu to be, oh wait hang on, that won't work...

Viva Prat Vegas
08-23-2017, 03:35 PM

:hehe:

FashBurgers serve a cheap and cheerful breakfast option

2 fashers of bacon

Burney
08-23-2017, 03:35 PM
Because it's quite likely it might happen.

If he is good I will promote him to manager.

I hope for a Gus Fring type presence.

Also, good security. Anyone attempting to leave without paying he will bring down with a sliding tackle from behind. Anyone causing trouble in the restaurant he will elbow into submission. All while shouting 'AWOOGA!'