PDA

View Full Version : You realise you could now be arrested for

Sir C
08-21-2017, 10:47 AM
calling monty a big-nosed **** on here?

It won't change the fact that he's a big-nosed ****, of course.

Ash
08-21-2017, 10:48 AM

I have never done such a thing and would have no intention of doing so regardless on the legal position on the usage of such nomenclature.

Which law is this, anyway?

Viva Prat Vegas
08-21-2017, 10:51 AM

Arrested for being technically correct ?
What a load of Blenkinsops !

Mezut the first to fall victim

Monty92
08-21-2017, 10:51 AM

But only if I report you, right?

Sir C
08-21-2017, 10:52 AM
I have never done such a thing and would have no intention of doing so regardless on the legal position on the usage of such nomenclature.

Which law is this, anyway?

Hate crime. The DPP is going to come down hard on those who dare express an opinion outwith allowable lefty groupthink.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 10:52 AM
But only if I report you, right?

You, or anyone else.

You're going to report me, aren't you? :-(

Monty92
08-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Hate crime. The DPP is going to come down hard on those who dare express an opinion outwith allowable lefty groupthink.

Don't be such a cynic. There's absolutely no way that any double standards will be applied when implementing this law, and any suggestion that leftist abuse will be largely ignored is simply paranoia on your part.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 10:57 AM
Don't be such a cynic. There's absolutely no way that any double standards will be applied when implementing this law, and any suggestion that leftist abuse will be largely ignored is simply paranoia on your part.

Thank God you've put my mind at ease there.

Monty92
08-21-2017, 10:58 AM
You, or anyone else.

You're going to report me, aren't you? :-(

That very much depends. I am highly persuadable when certain carrots* are dangled in front of me.

*Your cock

Sir C
08-21-2017, 11:00 AM
That very much depends. I am highly persuadable when certain carrots* are dangled in front of me.

*Your cock

Dangling is the only suitable word, sadly :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
08-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Dangling is the only suitable word, sadly :-(

Do not show him your dust gun C !
You will then be arrested for indecent exposure
:-(

Ash
08-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Thank God you've put my mind at ease there.

I would be a little more concerned about your words about the Irishman than those about the Jewish gentleman.

He keeps lists, you know.

SWv2
08-21-2017, 11:04 AM

Minimum sentence is a jail term.

:nod:

I have always liked M.

Peter

So don't call him that.

What about tree fellers? Is that still ok?

Burney

Why do people keep doubling down on this utter, utter shīt? There is virtually no evidence of online abuse translating into actual harm to individuals, which means we are now policing people's hurty feels. Why?

Ash
08-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Minimum sentence is a jail term.

My word. They'd better start building some more jails then.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 11:06 AM
I would be a little more concerned about your words about the Irishman than those about the Jewish gentleman.

Abusing Paddies must still be allowed, surely? They're usually too pissed to object, anyway.

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:06 AM

Surely Irish heritage is a mitigating factor in defending against accusations of hate crime, a?

Also, the English are forever getting slagged off online. Can we all sue?

Sir C
08-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Why do people keep doubling down on this utter, utter shīt? There is virtually no evidence of online abuse translating into actual harm to individuals, which means we are now policing people's hurty feels. Why?

Because, and this is a scientific fact, about 18 months ago the world went suddenly bonkers.

Monty92
08-21-2017, 11:07 AM

I do agree. However, I do recall that you yourself have blamed social media for coarsening the way we interact with each other and making it socially acceptable to be a rude ****. So what to do other than regulate it?

Ash
08-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Surely Irish heritage is a mitigating factor in defending against accusations of hate crime, a?

Also, the English are forever getting slagged off online. Can we all sue?

If your papers are in order you might be ok there, Mr O'Burney.

English are fair game. Punching up, innit.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 11:09 AM
So don't call him that.

What about tree fellers? Is that still ok?

I like calling him that. It's the only leisure activity I can afford, what with paying about 112% of my income in taxation to try to make up for that one-eyed scotch ****'s determination to buy votes by hurling wads of cash at lazy *******s and foreigners.

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:09 AM
I do agree. However, I do recall that you yourself have blamed social media for coarsening the way we interact with each other and making it socially acceptable to be a rude ****. So what to do other than regulate it?

I believe it absolutely has coarsened those things. The ability to say something nasty to someone and a/ not be around for the aftermath of hurt it causes and b/ be in no risk of a smack in the mouth have allowed people to lay off their inner editor. However, while I bemoan that, I don't think that means I have to advocate legislating about it, does it?

Monty92
08-21-2017, 11:11 AM
I believe it absolutely has coarsened those things. The ability to say something nasty to someone and a/ not be around for the aftermath of hurt it causes and b/ be in no risk of a smack in the mouth have allowed people to lay off their inner editor. However, while I bemoan that, I don't think that means I have to advocate legislating about it, does it?

Agweed......

Sir C
08-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Do not show him your dust gun C !
You will then be arrested for indecent exposure
:-(

Would you mind if we moved away from the subject of my ruined, useless, ironically named membrum virile? It's a little depressing from this angle.

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:13 AM
If your papers are in order you might be ok there, Mr O'Burney.

English are fair game. Punching up, innit.

The concept of 'punching up' does amuse me - not least because of its inherently bigoted assumption of superiority on the part of those being punched. Thus, to the white, middle class liberal mentality, a wealthy Indian or African person may slag off a poor white English person because they are 'punching up', which actually only serves to endorse and reinforce ingrained ideas of racial hierarchy. :hehe:

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:16 AM
Agweed......

It's nice that you can mock your own speech impediment like this, m.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 11:19 AM

Check out the actor James Woods on Twitter.

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Check out the actor James Woods on Twitter.

Oh, I do. He is pleasingly robust. As, amusingly, is Captain Kirk.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-21-2017, 11:21 AM
It's nice that you can mock your own speech impediment like this, m.

I always thought he had a deep and manly voice
Not a drippy one

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Not a drippy one

As I understand it, he sounds like a Regency fop.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Oh, I do. He is pleasingly robust. As, amusingly, is Captain Kirk.

He is currently going hard after a chap who threatened him with violence there; has been citing examples of online ****ery escalating to the real thing, especially those regarding celebrities like himself.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 11:26 AM
Not a drippy one

I gather he sounds rather like Theo Walcott. Which is good.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-21-2017, 11:28 AM

Brian Walden with the sound turned down

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:28 AM

I don't really have any memory of what Theo Walcott sounds like. He just sort of stands there and blands at the camera. He could announce that he's just bummed Alexis Sanchez and I'd barely notice.

SWv2
08-21-2017, 11:33 AM

It is the unseen harm B, sleepless nights etc.

Trust me.

Vicious Dutch bastárd.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 11:38 AM

Trust me.

Vicious Dutch bastárd.

I must say, you've been very brave about all this.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-21-2017, 11:47 AM

Is this some sort of hurty feely thing?

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:50 AM

Trust me.

Vicious Dutch bastárd.

sw, we all know that beneath that surly, snarling exterior lingers the tender heart of a man who weeps at romcoms, listens to Barbra Streisand and regularly uses the phrase 'Let's hug it better'. You can't hide it from us.

We all know you're soft as shíte, really. :nod:

SWv2
08-21-2017, 12:05 PM
I must say, you've been very brave about all this.

I am not a poof. :shrug:

SWv2
08-21-2017, 12:06 PM
sw, we all know that beneath that surly, snarling exterior lingers the tender heart of a man who weeps at romcoms, listens to Barbra Streisand and regularly uses the phrase 'Let's hug it better'. You can't hide it from us.

We all know you're soft as shíte, really. :nod:

Wow, steady on now son.

See my reply to Red.