PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

World's End Stella
08-21-2017, 08:36 AM
work and perhaps some of you might learned something.

Watch the goal again. Xhaka gives it away then tries to win it back and it gets nicked past him. That giant space in front of our back four at that point is a very bad thing. And why was it there?

Yes, you guessed it, because that useless Welsh c*nt instead of playing in CENTRAL MIDFIELD because he is meant to be a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, is 5 yards ahead of both of our strikers at the time. If he was 21 you might think he needs a bit of experience and some positional discipline. What are we meant to think when he's about to turn 27 in a few months?

He's hopeless, that's what. :-)

Sir C
08-21-2017, 08:39 AM

Watch the goal again. Xhaka gives it away then tries to win it back and it gets nicked past him. That giant space in front of our back four at that point is a very bad thing. And why was it there?

Yes, you guessed it, because that useless Welsh c*nt instead of playing in CENTRAL MIDFIELD because he is meant to be a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, is 5 yards ahead of both of our strikers at the time. If he was 21 you might think he needs a bit of experience and some positional discipline. What are we meant to think when he's about to turn 27 in a few months?

I'd say that it's perfectly acceptable for a central midfielder to identify an opportunity to break beyond the strikers when we have solid phase 1 possession and a decent shape. Indeed, it is important that a central midfielder does exactly this.

I believe, therefore, that in this instance you are mistaken.

Burney
08-21-2017, 08:42 AM

Right. So you don't think that perhaps he was entitled to a reasonable expectation that Xhaka wouldn't give the ball away like a complete spastic?

Pokster
08-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Right. So you don't think that perhaps he was entitled to a reasonable expectation that Xhaka wouldn't give the ball away like a complete spastic?

In WES's ideal world a midfield player would never try to attack, and of course using that logic, he should never try to defend or cover behind the defenders... his job is to be in the middle of the field and nowhere else.

But then again, WES is a know nothing toss pot when it comes to football

World's End Stella
08-21-2017, 08:45 AM
I'd say that it's perfectly acceptable for a central midfielder to identify an opportunity to break beyond the strikers when we have solid phase 1 possession and a decent shape. Indeed, it is important that a central midfielder does exactly this.

I believe, therefore, that in this instance you are mistaken.

It is a question of how often the midfielder does it and whether or not he then gets back into position once the move has broken down. In Ramsey's case the answers are constantly and rarely, hence the issue.

BTW, seen the FB entry for IH's ex? Slightly tragic but also somewhat amusing. He's in the soup again, it seems. Fraud! :hehe:

Burney
08-21-2017, 08:46 AM
In WES's ideal world a midfield player would never try to attack, and of course using that logic, he should never try to defend or cover behind the defenders... his job is to be in the middle of the field and nowhere else.

But then again, WES is a know nothing toss pot when it comes to football

Blimey. WES must have hated watching Bryan Robson.

World's End Stella
08-21-2017, 08:46 AM

Yes, and Xhaka had a reasonable expectation that if he did his CENTRAL MIDFIELD partner might be there to help out.

Burney
08-21-2017, 08:47 AM
It is a question of how often the midfielder does it and whether or not he then gets back into position once the move has broken down. In Ramsey's case the answers are constantly and rarely, hence the issue.

BTW, seen the FB entry for IH's ex? Slightly tragic but also somewhat amusing. He's in the soup again, it seems. Fraud! :hehe:

What?! What now? Gossip? Dish, dish, dish!

Sir C
08-21-2017, 08:48 AM

I haven't, I've divested myself of such connections.

But I'm going to have a look now... :hehe:

World's End Stella
08-21-2017, 08:50 AM
What?! What now? Gossip? Dish, dish, dish!

It seems that recently married and allegedly blissfully happy IH has been caught putting it about - yet again.

His ex was more than happy to tell everyone and a subsequent load of replies had IH getting murdered by all and sundry. :hehe:

Burney
08-21-2017, 08:51 AM
I haven't, I've divested myself of such connections.

But I'm going to have a look now... :hehe:

Well I trust someone will fill me in? I assume he's thrown his short fat hairy leg over some other gullible sort?

Burney
08-21-2017, 08:53 AM
It seems that recently married and allegedly blissfully happy IH has been caught putting it about - yet again.

His ex was more than happy to tell everyone and a subsequent load of replies had IH getting murdered by all and sundry. :hehe:

So by 'ex' are we talking about his wife or the previous one?

Sir C
08-21-2017, 08:56 AM

Wait, he's been indiscreet with TS, is it?

Sir C
08-21-2017, 08:57 AM
Well I trust someone will fill me in? I assume he's thrown his short fat hairy leg over some other gullible sort?

Can't find anything :-(

What is it that makes him such a chick magnet?

World's End Stella
08-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Wait, he's been indiscreet with TS, is it?

No, TS somehow found out he's been cheating on his new wife and told everyone :hehe:

Followed by about 20+ replies slating IH for the 'fraud that he is'

Can't see it now, she might have removed it. :-)

Burney
08-21-2017, 09:01 AM
Can't find anything :-(

What is it that makes him such a chick magnet?

Yes. WES really needs to copy and paste (with names redacted, of course).

I really couldn't say. Often, for les femmes d'une certain age, the attention is enough to get the job done. So sheer willingness on his part is half the game.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 09:01 AM
No, TS somehow found out he's been cheating on his new wife and told everyone :hehe:

Followed by about 20+ replies slating IH for the 'fraud that he is'

Can't see it now, she might have removed it. :-)

That boy's got issues, I tell you.

Peter
08-21-2017, 09:02 AM

You are right that Ramsey is a useless **** and a liability as a midfielder. No question there, at least from me.

It would be foolish to highlight that as the problem when you are given a 90 minute performance like that, littered with mistake after mistake after mistake.

I could moan and bitch about most of the players but the truth is this is all Wenger’s fault. The team is a tactical and defensive mess and that has been perfectly evident in both of the first two games. We can complain about injuries, selection, refereeing etc etc. None of these are the real reason we have been so sloppy. It is just Wenger, it is just what he does.

And we have another two years of it ahead, at least. :(

Sir C
08-21-2017, 09:05 AM
You are right that Ramsey is a useless **** and a liability as a midfielder. No question there, at least from me.

It would be foolish to highlight that as the problem when you are given a 90 minute performance like that, littered with mistake after mistake after mistake.

I could moan and bitch about most of the players but the truth is this is all Wenger’s fault. The team is a tactical and defensive mess and that has been perfectly evident in both of the first two games. We can complain about injuries, selection, refereeing etc etc. None of these are the real reason we have been so sloppy. It is just Wenger, it is just what he does.

And we have another two years of it ahead, at least. :(

:clap: :clap: :clap: This is one of the finest hissy-fits I have seen since Saturday, p. And I'm including the more lunatic fringe on Twitter when I say that.

You are to be congratulated on losing your shít quite so outrageously 2 games into the season. Well done sir!

Burney
08-21-2017, 09:12 AM
That boy's got issues, I tell you.

I mean, 'let he who is without sin' and all that, but one would hope a chap might learn at least a little something from one's mistakes, no?

Peter
08-21-2017, 09:15 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: This is one of the finest hissy-fits I have seen since Saturday, p. And I'm including the more lunatic fringe on Twitter when I say that.

You are to be congratulated on losing your shít quite so outrageously 2 games into the season. Well done sir!

I was actually in quite a good mood when I wrote that. ;)

The only thing that really irritates me is the people who are incredulous at games like this as though it comes as some huge shock.

Its exactly what you get with Wenger and we know it

Sir C
08-21-2017, 09:18 AM

The only thing that really irritates me is the people who are incredulous at games like this as though it comes as some huge shock.

Yes, he's always favoured fluidity and relying on his players to make good decisions, hasn't he?

That's what makes us so good to watch, and what has delivered us all those lovely trophies.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 09:21 AM
I mean, 'let he who is without sin' and all that, but one would hope a chap might learn at least a little something from one's mistakes, no?

No, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, as they say. It's all about the breeding, see.

Burney
08-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Yes, he's always favoured fluidity and relying on his players to make good decisions, hasn't he?

That's what makes us so good to watch, and what has delivered us all those lovely trophies.

In which case, it's valid to criticise him for buying too many players who make bad decisions, isn't it?

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 09:24 AM

I think the incredulity is mostly fake and merely intended as yet another stick to beat Wenger with. Nobody is really shocked.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 09:24 AM

Quite. Everyone's entitled to an indiscretion, but he takes the piss.

Peter
08-21-2017, 09:25 AM

Ok, maybe we should get some players who make the right decisions then.

It would be cheaper to replace the manager.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 09:27 AM
In which case, it's valid to criticise him for buying too many players who make bad decisions, isn't it?

Why, certainly it is.

Peter
08-21-2017, 09:27 AM
I think the incredulity is mostly fake and merely intended as yet another stick to beat Wenger with. Nobody is really shocked.

I know... it is still quite annoying though.

I think we should just be resigned to our fate, like that weird bunch of rabbits in Watership Down in the sinister warren.

Peter
08-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Why, certainly it is.

Or, you know.....he could try a bit of coaching.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 09:46 AM

Yes, and no. When money is tight, such players can still fit our budget.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Or, you know.....he could try a bit of coaching.

:shrug: You could get Pulis in if that's the sort of thing you're after.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 09:48 AM
I know... it is still quite annoying though.

I think we should just be resigned to our fate, like that weird bunch of rabbits in Watership Down in the sinister warren.

:hehe: Very good.

We mostly are resigned to our fate, I think. It's just that, despite that, we still like to talk about our team.

Ash
08-21-2017, 09:51 AM

I might not mind that for a year tbh. Might be novel to have Arsenal disappointing me in a different sort of way.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 09:53 AM
I might not mind that for a year tbh. Might be novel to have Arsenal disappointing me in a different sort of way.

I don't really know how to process that, a. I'm more disappointed with you than angry. I think.

Ash
08-21-2017, 09:54 AM
We mostly are resigned to our fate, I think. It's just that, despite that, we still like to talk about our team.

There's a lot to be said for getting the disappointment in early. It's the hope that kills us, after all. Not literally, of course.

Veng will turn it round, though. He always turns it round.

Ash
08-21-2017, 09:55 AM
I don't really know how to process that, a. I'm more disappointed with you than angry. I think.

I would have called for Allerdici, of course, but I gather he is now back in the international management business.

Is Mak Huge available, do you think?

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Pulis probably ought to be though.

Burney
08-21-2017, 09:58 AM
Quite. Everyone's entitled to an indiscretion, but he takes the piss.

Still, if it's any consolation to Ian, things could be worse...

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/man-sex-three-different-dogs/

Sir C
08-21-2017, 09:59 AM
I would have called for Allerdici, of course, but I gather he is now back in the international management business.

Jesus, man. Are you (still) pissed?

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 10:00 AM

Mak Huge does seem to be able to attract European Cup winners, doesn't he. And to Stoke, of all places!

He's got decent banter on him too, claiming that he was disappointed his team didn't try to play a little more football, like he doesn't know we would've smashed them if they had :hehe:

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Still, if it's any consolation to Ian, things could be worse...

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/man-sex-three-different-dogs/

I don't want to click on that, but how many different dogs did IH allegedly have it off with?

What breed? :-(

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 10:02 AM

Surely you'd be terrified TP would actually win us the league though, wouldn't you?

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 10:04 AM

Ramsey will be fine, once Lacazette gets going.

Ash
08-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Jesus, man. Are you (still) pissed?

I might be feeling a little impish.

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:11 AM

Yes, I think this is key. A different type of failure would make a nice change. Same with the EU. Once we leave we will all still be skint and surrounded by foreigners but at least it will be someone else's fault from now on.

Blair, I would imagine.

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Surely you'd be terrified TP would actually win us the league though, wouldn't you?

I cant help but suspect that there might be a middle ground.

Bergkamp Was Best
08-21-2017, 10:12 AM

Hissy fit it may be but his statement is very accurate in my opinion. The club needs a massive wake up call, the longer Wenger stays the more damage the next manager will have to pick up.

Burney
08-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Yes, I think this is key. A different type of failure would make a nice change. Same with the EU. Once we leave we will all still be skint and surrounded by foreigners but at least it will be someone else's fault from now on.

Blair, I would imagine.

To be fair, the 'surrounded by foreigners' thing is largely down to Blair already.

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Ramsey will be fine, once Lacazette gets going.

And Danny Wellbeck moves back to the bench.

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:16 AM
To be fair, the 'surrounded by foreigners' thing is largely down to Blair already.

No, that has to be the EU's fault I'm afraid. For now at least.

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Hissy fit it may be but his statement is very accurate in my opinion. The club needs a massive wake up call, the longer Wenger stays the more damage the next manager will have to pick up.

Two years, dude. Minimum.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 10:18 AM

Blair, I would imagine.

Nonsense. We're all rolling in the stuff.

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:20 AM

Yes, as long as you don't need housing or any of that stuff. I chatted with a homeless chap on Saturday. He had more money in his hat than I have in the bank. I still gave him two quid and all my fags.

No bills, no mortgage. Its the future.

Ash
08-21-2017, 10:20 AM

Blair, I would imagine.

The world will be queueing up to be our oyster.

And we'll be able to direct state support to cutting edge, hi-tech industries. We can rebuild a manufacturing base!

Arsenal will still be a little bit ****, of course.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 10:21 AM

I am surrounded by foreigners though. Asking for it, I suppose, moving to France and marrying a German.

Sir C
08-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Yes, as long as you don't need housing or any of that stuff. I chatted with a homeless chap on Saturday. He had more money in his hat than I have in the bank. I still gave him two quid and all my fags.

No bills, no mortgage. Its the future.

Certainly. I've been saying for years that being mortgage-free is the way forward. Ever since I paid mine off :-D

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 10:24 AM
And Danny Wellbeck moves back to the bench.

Good point, although personally, I'd play him at wing-back.

I'm not entirely sure what a "wing-back" is, of course, but it does seem to be in fashion.

Burney
No, that has to be the EU's fault I'm afraid. For now at least.

:hehe: 5.5 million long-term migrants arrived in the UK between 1997 and 2010, p. By no means all of them were EU citizens (although Labour's over-hasty and unforced acceptance of Eastern European migration is another matter). In fact, the official muslim population doubled between 2000 and 2010 and most of that wasn't from the EU. And those are just the legal ones. The number of NI numbers issued for work suggests the number is half as big again.

All of which happened under Blair and latterly Brown. Because Labour wanted to 'rub the right's nose in diversity'.

Cheers for that.

Peter
The world will be queueing up to be our oyster.

And we'll be able to direct state support to cutting edge, hi-tech industries. We can rebuild a manufacturing base!

Arsenal will still be a little bit ****, of course.

I see Wenger's new contract as triggering Article 50. By the time we leave the EU we will be looking for a new manager.

A new world ;)

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:26 AM
:hehe: 5.5 million long-term migrants arrived in the UK between 1997 and 2010, p. By no means all of them were EU citizens (although Labour's over-hasty and unforced acceptance of Eastern European migration is another matter). In fact, the official muslim population doubled between 2000 and 2010 and most of that wasn't from the EU. And those are just the legal ones. The number of NI numbers issued for work suggests the number is half as big again.

All of which happened under Blair and latterly Brown. Because Labour wanted to 'rub the right's nose in diversity'.

Cheers for that.

Baby boomers retiring, ageing workforce. We need 3 million more over the next 5-10 years according to a hugely remain-focused think tank ;)

Its not TB's fault that you don't like them.

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Good point, although personally, I'd play him at wing-back.

I'm not entirely sure what a "wing-back" is, of course, but it does seem to be in fashion.

Traditionally it was a full back that was **** at defending. We have plenty of them but Wenger's seems determined to play them at centre back.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Baby boomers retiring, ageing workforce. We need 3 million more over the next 5-10 years according to a hugely remain-focused think tank ;)

Or that yous lot is all jaffas.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 10:34 AM
Traditionally it was a full back that was **** at defending. We have plenty of them but Wenger's seems determined to play them at centre back.

There you are then; that sounds ideal, perfect for #Welbz. It keeps him far away from either goal and makes good use of his size, his pace and his gameness.

Burney
08-21-2017, 10:36 AM

That view, of course, is based on the rather iffy premise that constant increase in population is a good or a necessary thing. It isn't. Also, since immigration constituted a net cost to the country of £100 billion between 2004 and 2014 according to the UCL study, please tell me how all this immigration is improving our standard of living or helping our infrastructure?

Peter
08-21-2017, 10:46 AM
That view, of course, is based on the rather iffy premise that constant increase in population is a good or a necessary thing. It isn't. Also, since immigration constituted a net cost to the country of £100 billion between 2004 and 2014 according to the UCL study, please tell me how all this immigration is improving our standard of living or helping our infrastructure?

A UCL study? **** off!

The view is based on a rather old fashioned definition of the volume of working population required to support our retirees. You know, the old ****s that are coining it in now and voted to get rid of the foreigners that were supporting them.

Just out of interest, how is that net cost calculated? Does it include overseas students?

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:00 AM
A UCL study? **** off!

The view is based on a rather old fashioned definition of the volume of working population required to support our retirees. You know, the old ****s that are coining it in now and voted to get rid of the foreigners that were supporting them.

Just out of interest, how is that net cost calculated? Does it include overseas students?

:hehe: You can't have it both ways. That same UCL study was shamelessly spun by pro-immigration types like yourself to pretend that immigration offered a net economic benefit, by looking solely at high-value EU migrants and ignoring the dregs of the third world your chums mysteriously decided to admit. In fact, needless to say, those people cost us a fûcking fortune (not to mention the higher incidence of general crime, rape, acid attacks, refusal to integrate and terrorism they bring with them, of course.

Still... 'diversity' - Yay! :-|

Oh, and by the way, you'll notice that most of southern Europe is awash with unemployed youngsters who could just as easily have been encouraged to migrate here if we needed workers. Instead, Labour decided it would be better to massively increase the numbers of non-European, non-Christian non-white people who have - inevitably - brought with them a host of other problems. Because what's 'diversity' without more brown people, eh?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/05/eu-migrants-uk-gains-20bn-ucl-study

Sir C
08-21-2017, 11:04 AM
:hehe: You can't have it both ways. That same UCL study was shamelessly spun by pro-immigration types like yourself to pretend that immigration offered a net economic benefit, by looking solely at high-value EU migrants and ignoring the dregs of the third world your chums mysteriously decided to admit. In fact, needless to say, those people cost us a fûcking fortune (not to mention the higher incidence of general crime, rape, acid attacks, refusal to integrate and terrorism they bring with them, of course.

Oh, and by the way, you'll notice that most of southern Europe is awash with unemployed youngsters who could just as easily have been encouraged to migrate here if we needed workers. Instead, Labour decided it would be better to massively increase the numbers of non-European, non-Christian non-white people who have - inevitably - brought with them a host of other problems. Because what's 'diversity' without more brown people, eh?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/05/eu-migrants-uk-gains-20bn-ucl-study

I'm pretty sure you should now wexpect a knock on your door at 3 a.m. :-( "Geheime Staatspolizei! Aufmachen!"

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Told you, didn't I? It's all your fault for letting the Windies off the hook way back when and giving them a easy ride. The reason you don't hate them is purely because you were "not allowed" to hate them. Much better to pick on Aussies and be embarrassed by Saffers. Nothing to do with skin colour, naturally.

Thin end of the wedge though, wunnit. If you had all stood up for what was right and proper back then, you wouldn't be complaining now. Clearly the islams have learned those lessons well.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 11:34 AM
You can't have it both ways either though; who is to preserve and protect your way of life?

Ash
08-21-2017, 11:38 AM
Told you, didn't I? It's all your fault for letting the Windies off the hook way back when and giving them a easy ride. The reason you don't hate them is purely because you were "not allowed" to hate them. Much better to pick on Aussies and be embarrassed by Saffers. Nothing to do with skin colour, naturally.

Thin end of the wedge though, wunnit. If you had all stood up for what was right and proper back then, you wouldn't be complaining now. Clearly the islams have learned those lessons well.

Frankly even if it had been the Aussies that had batted like a pub team and lost by about three innings some of us probably wouldn't have been able to fully enjoy it. Especially as the cricket was supposed to help us take our minds off the football. And as I said, a poor Windies side (are they officially called that now?) isn't good for cricket.

I hadn't noticed the skin colour of the Pakistan team being a reason for them not be disliked.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-21-2017, 11:38 AM

However.... Xhaka was the last man to empty out the midfield and probably shouldn't have abandoned his position to go and win the ball on his own.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-21-2017, 11:39 AM
There you are then; that sounds ideal, perfect for #Welbz. It keeps him far away from either goal and makes good use of his size, his pace and his gameness.

his "gameness"?

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 11:44 AM
his "gameness"?

Yes, as in eagerness, willingness, durability. It's a term normally used for hounds or fighting dogs.

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Frankly even if it had been the Aussies that had batted like a pub team and lost by about three innings some of us probably wouldn't have been able to fully enjoy it. Especially as the cricket was supposed to help us take our minds off the football. And as I said, a poor Windies side (are they officially called that now?) isn't good for cricket.

I hadn't noticed the skin colour of the Pakistan team being a reason for them not be disliked.

:nod: The Pakistanis are possibly the most loathsome team in world cricket. The Sri Lankans always ran them a close second - and they were as black as your boot.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 11:49 AM
:nod: The Pakistanis are possibly the most loathsome team in world cricket. The Sri Lankans always ran them a close second - and they were as black as your boot.

None of those ever had the media, the optics or the cultural significance though, did they. An important distinction for trendy urban types, and in a wider sense than just cricket.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-21-2017, 11:49 AM
Two years, dude. Minimum.

I was a bit bored on Sunday morning so took to looking at Twitter. Imagine my surprise when I see "Arsenal fans" hoping we finish 15th so that Wenger gets kicked out.

The only real surprise is that I was actually surprised.

Burney
08-21-2017, 11:53 AM
I was a bit bored on Sunday morning so took to looking at Twitter. Imagine my surprise when I see "Arsenal fans" hoping we finish 15th so that Wenger gets kicked out.

I received a text from my father immediately after the game saying that 'when' we lose to Liverpool, the crowd will be screaming for the 'old tosser' to go.

I love my old dad dearly, but I find communicating with him about football extremely tiring. :-(

Ash
08-21-2017, 11:54 AM
I received a text from my father immediately after the game saying that 'when' we lose to Liverpool, the crowd will be screaming for the 'old tosser' to go.

I love my old dad dearly, but I find communicating with him about football extremely tiring. :-(

Has he been introduced to the phrase 'Senile French Cùnt' yet?

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 12:58 PM

Interestingly, our test team now has a prominent Pakistani-Muslim descended player in it, yet no black West Indians anymore. Something to do with the demise of Windies cricket perhaps, or more reflective of the march of Islam in the UK?

SWv2
08-21-2017, 01:07 PM

That is somewhat extreme.

I expect anywhere below 6th should seal the deal.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 01:13 PM
That is somewhat extreme.

I expect anywhere below 6th should seal the deal.

I'm not sure. Isn't there a case to be made for sixth place being like a trophy?

Seriously, this is a bloody tough division full of hard-nosed professionals who'll do anything to win. There's precious little sentimental notions about "the way the game should be played" and a' that. And they're all stinking rich; Stoke City had Jesé Rodríguez upfront and we had Danny Welbeck :-|

World's End Stella
08-21-2017, 01:14 PM
However.... Xhaka was the last man to empty out the midfield and probably shouldn't have abandoned his position to go and win the ball on his own.

True, however I expect the reason he did so is that he knew he lacked the mobility/pace to deal with them running at him, so he took a chance.

Which is why Xhaka needs a mobile, defensively astute partner with some positional discipline which, regardless of what you think of him, Ramsey is most definitely not.

I actually didn't think the useless Welsher was a useless as he usually is, it's just the partnership with Xhaka that will be a disaster imo. Wait until we play someone good and Xhaka starts giving it away as much as he did on Saturday and Ramsey is strolling all over the pitch with his head up his arse. :yikes:

Peter
08-21-2017, 01:21 PM
True, however I expect the reason he did so is that he knew he lacked the mobility/pace to deal with them running at him, so he took a chance.

Which is why Xhaka needs a mobile, defensively astute partner with some positional discipline which, regardless of what you think of him, Ramsey is most definitely not.

I actually didn't think the useless Welsher was a useless as he usually is, it's just the partnership with Xhaka that will be a disaster imo. Wait until we play someone good and Xhaka starts giving it away as much as he did on Saturday and Ramsey is strolling all over the pitch with his head up his arse. :yikes:

Yet Ozil, who seemed as though he had to spend half the match coming deep to fill in for Ramsey, gets the blame. Once the ball goes into the back three Ramsey is out of there like a flash.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Yet Ozil, who seemed as though he had to spend half the match coming deep to fill in for Ramsey, gets the blame. Once the ball goes into the back three Ramsey is out of there like a flash.

Mesut just looked as confused as the rest of them, to me, what with having an actual striker on the pitch. Nobody seemed to know what to do with him. He was even shooting from outside the box!

I mean, what is the point of having a fifty million pound striker if Mesut Özil is going to start taking potshots from 25 yards :homer:

Peter
08-21-2017, 01:33 PM
Mesut just looked as confused as the rest of them, to me, what with having an actual striker on the pitch. Nobody seemed to know what to do with him. He was even shooting from outside the box!

I mean, what is the point of having a fifty million pound striker if Mesut Özil is going to start taking potshots from 25 yards :homer:

Because all the chances we created were falling to Danny Wellbeck instead. Even Cech must have been tempted to have a dig at goal.

World's End Stella
08-21-2017, 01:44 PM

Exactly, glad it wasn't just me that noticed how often Mesut had to drop deep to give Xhaka an option while Ramsey strolled around god knows were. And after Xhaka gave it away, Mesut did his best to get back and help out in that enormous hole that was our central midfield and then Keown and others criticize him for being a passenger while the useless Welsh tw@t that was 40 yards the other way casually strolling back gets no criticism.

I thought our passing and movement was very one dimensional and the only time we seemed to do anything creative and break them down Mesut was involved.

It's racism, P, that's what it is. :nod:

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Because all the chances we created were falling to Danny Wellbeck instead. Even Cech must have been tempted to have a dig at goal.

Yeah, I suppose that's why you have to pay all that extra money for Higuain; he is extremely vocal, he demands the ball.

Laca will learn. Anyway, he had better.

Peter
08-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Exactly, glad it wasn't just me that noticed how often Mesut had to drop deep to give Xhaka an option while Ramsey strolled around god knows were. And after Xhaka gave it away, Mesut did his best to get back and help out in that enormous hole that was our central midfield and then Keown and others criticize him for being a passenger while the useless Welsh tw@t that was 40 yards the other way casually strolling back gets no criticism.

I thought our passing and movement was very one dimensional and the only time we seemed to do anything creative and break them down Mesut was involved.

It's racism, P, that's what it is. :nod:

He played a beautiful ball inside the full back for Ox in the second half. I believe our new striker fluffed his lines from the cut back.

I like Ozil but he will never carry a team on his own. He needs a much better midfield behind him.

World's End Stella
08-21-2017, 02:08 PM
He played a beautiful ball inside the full back for Ox in the second half. I believe our new striker fluffed his lines from the cut back.

I like Ozil but he will never carry a team on his own. He needs a much better midfield behind him.

Kolasinac and Xhaka are two pieces of that midfield, Ox and Welsher are not the other two imo.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 02:09 PM

Or Cristiano Ronaldo in front of him.

SWv2
08-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Kolasinac and Xhaka are two pieces of that midfield, Ox and Welsher are not the other two imo.

The apparent lack of desire, or lack of acceptance of what is needed, to aggressively strengthen the side this summer has been hugely disappointing.

redgunamo
08-21-2017, 02:32 PM
The apparent lack of desire, or lack of acceptance of what is needed, to aggressively strengthen the side this summer has been hugely disappointing.

Do you think you know better than Arsene Wenger, my friend?

:driving:

SWv2
08-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Do you think you know better than Arsene Wenger, my friend?

:driving:

Yes actually.

Ha, didn’t expect that did you!!!!

Peter
08-21-2017, 05:59 PM

Hang on.... that isn't what the survey says at all. That figure is based on everyone in the country who was identified as non-British. This includes the immigrants who arrived in the 50s and are now drawing pensions. Those responsible for the study say it is a nonsensical figure to bandy about.

Also, note the lead professor's name is Dustmann. :D

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-21-2017, 06:25 PM

Not sure what relevance his mobility has to this debate. He was the deepest of the three so should have made the sensible decision to stay and hold, once he lost the ball. Once he went hunting the ball, a simple pass and they had two players wrong side of our midfield with a gaping hole in front of our back four. Ramsey was not at fault for this.