PDA

View Full Version : #EngWI I must say I'm really enjoying this.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 01:52 PM
It's not as though we haven't suffered plenty at their hands over the years, is it. **** 'em.

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:53 PM
It's not as though we haven't suffered plenty at their hands over the years, is it. **** 'em.

It's not the best advert for day/night cricket you could ask for, though, is it? It's bloody dull, in fact. Mind you, Cook has been at the crease for the entire game, which is pretty much the definition of dull.

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:53 PM

Having grown up watching the great West Indies sides I find it quite depressing.

THe series is going to be pretty dull.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 01:58 PM
It's not the best advert for day/night cricket you could ask for, though, is it?

That's the thing though, isn't it; it would be if it was England getting battered :-\

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Having grown up watching the great West Indies sides I find it quite depressing.

Yeah, but you're a lefty; England doing well is always dull by definition :-)

Peter
08-18-2017, 02:01 PM
Yeah, but you're a lefty; England doing well is always dull by definition :-)

I have a small Yorkshire terrier.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:03 PM

Oddly enough, I was reminded by the fact that my daughter will be going to university this autumn that we had a home series against the Windies the summer before I went to university. It was Richards' last tour and the end of the great Windies sides. We drew the series with them for the first time in decades and it felt like an amazing achievement.

And now they're rubbish and we can beat them without breaking a sweat. Sad. :-(

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 02:05 PM
I have a small Yorkshire terrier.

Makes sense. Probably the most embarrassing of British dog breeds nowadays. Even Arsene Wenger used to have one :-)

Peter
08-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Makes sense. Probably the most embarrassing of British dog breeds nowadays. Even Arsene Wenger used to have one :-)

You having a pop at my dog?

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:08 PM

He is sneering at your tiny dog, p, yes. He finds you embarrassingly under-endowed in the hound department.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Oddly enough, I was reminded by the fact that my daughter will be going to university this autumn that we had a home series against the Windies the summer before I went to university. It was Richards' last tour and the end of the great Windies sides. We drew the series with them for the first time in decades and it felt like an amazing achievement.

And now they're rubbish and we can beat them without breaking a sweat. Sad. :-(

Somehow, I don't think you'd say the same about a rubbish Manchester United side, or a down-at-heels Bayern or Barcelona, would you? Or would you?

Peter
08-18-2017, 02:10 PM
He is sneering at your tiny dog, p, yes. He finds you embarrassingly under-endowed in the hound department.

It was for the missus. I am a cat man.

Burney
Somehow, I don't think you'd say the same about a rubbish Manchester United side, or a down-at-heels Bayern or Barcelona, would you? Or would you?

Yes, but that's just football. And besides, no-one ever hated the West Indies. Not in the way everyone hated the dominant Aussie side of the 90s. One could admire the great West Indian teams while simply accepting that they were going to give England a bloody good hiding.

Ash

This is awful, Peter. They'll be going after your car, next. :-(

:gromit:

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:11 PM
This is awful, Peter. They'll be going after your car, next. :-(

:gromit:

Surely no-one would ever disparage a £500 Vectra? :rubchin:

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 02:11 PM

I love dogs, and men with dogs are my favourite people (because I know them and what they go through). However, the modern Yorkie is a very poor imitation of its mighty ancestors. I bet yours doesn't even know which end of a rat is which.

Peter
08-18-2017, 02:14 PM
I love dogs, and men with dogs are my favourite people (because I know them and what they go through). However, the modern Yorkie is a very poor imitation of its mighty ancestors. I bet yours doesn't even know which end of a rat is which.

He doesn't know much. He is tiny, runt of the litter. Thick as pig ****.

Happy little fellow though.

PSRB
08-18-2017, 02:17 PM

It could rain for 2 days and we'll still win this match. The bowling is WI's strong suit......I'll just leave that there

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 02:19 PM
Yes, but that's just football. And besides, no-one ever hated the West Indies. Not in the way everyone hated the dominant Aussie side of the 90s. One could admire the great West Indian teams while simply accepting that they were going to give England a bloody good hiding.

I certainly hated the fact that we didn't compete against them, same with the Australians. And no-one ever cried for us when we were losing every game, did they. As I say, **** 'em. This is all just your leftiness, anti-Englishness, shining through.

Viv Richards is actually a relative of a family friend; met him many times, when I was a nipper.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 02:20 PM
He doesn't know much. He is tiny, runt of the litter. Thick as pig ****.

Happy little fellow though.

..Which is the only important thing, of course.

Ash
08-18-2017, 02:23 PM

Football isn't going anywhere, though. Not soon, anyway. Test cricket has a gloomier future, and a poor W. Indies side won't help that.

And Holding, Roberts, Daniel. Makes me feel like Jorge reminiscing of the great Meeelan team of the blah blah blah.

Ash
08-18-2017, 02:25 PM
And no-one ever cried for us when we were losing every game, did they.

Well you wouldn't really, with Tony Grieg captain.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Football isn't going anywhere, though. Not soon, anyway. Test cricket has a gloomier future, and a poor W. Indies side won't help that.

And Holding, Roberts, Daniel. Makes me feel like Jorge reminiscing of the great Meeelan team of the blah blah blah.

Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Lloyd, Kallicharan, Rowe, Murray, Holding, Garner, Croft, Roberts

Sylvester Clarke and Wayne Daniel couldn't even get into the the team, a. Even Marshall struggled early in his career. :yikes:

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Well you wouldn't really, with Tony Grieg captain.

No, you wouldn't. But I doubt you've ever been to Eastern Cape, have you. :-)

Ash
08-18-2017, 02:34 PM

It's a fair cop, guv.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 02:36 PM

I have a chum who will only ever have Cape Coloureds as his chefs. "Man," he says, "those boys can cook, but they're so ugly! They're a total ginitic miss."

I can certainly vouch for the veracity of the first part of his theory, but reject the second, knowing, as I do, a most delightful lady of such heritage. Large bosoms and an enthusiasm for Michael Jackson.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:42 PM
I have a chum who will only ever have Cape Coloureds as his chefs. "Man," he says, "those boys can cook, but they're so ugly! They're a total ginitic miss."

I can certainly vouch for the veracity of the first part of his theory, but reject the second, knowing, as I do, a most delightful lady of such heritage. Large bosoms and an enthusiasm for Michael Jackson.

The only one I've met up close is Herschelle Gibbs and he is quite ugly. No idea about his cooking.

Just Trent
08-18-2017, 02:44 PM

Cook must be eyeing Graham Gooch's 333.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 02:45 PM
The only one I've met up close is Herschelle Gibbs and he is quite ugly. No idea about his cooking.

You have met the lady in question. Cokey smurf.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:48 PM
You have met the lady in question. Cokey smurf.

Oh, yes, of course. I'd forgotten her. Must say, I don't remember her bosoms being particularly large and I do normally notice that sort of thing.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:48 PM

Jesus. Another 130 runs of this? :-(

Sir C
08-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Oh, yes, of course. I'd forgotten her. Must say, I don't remember her bosoms being particularly large and I do normally notice that sort of thing.

For such a tiny little thing she is spectacularly endowed. wd cc.

Ash
08-18-2017, 02:50 PM

Has Boycott said that Cook's 200 isn't good enough yet?

PSRB
08-18-2017, 02:51 PM

Against this bowling attack he's probably eyeing Lara's 400

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:51 PM
For such a tiny little thing she is spectacularly endowed. wd cc.

I heard tell she was seen disappearing into the bushes with some fortunate chap at one of your barbecue soirees.

Just Trent
08-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Jesus. Another 130 runs of this? :-(

:nod: He's going for it. At his own steady pace.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:53 PM
:nod: He's going for it. At his own steady pace.

This Dave Chappelle-looking motherfúcker is possibly the most innocuous off-spinner I've seen in decades, btw.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 02:54 PM
I heard tell she was seen disappearing into the bushes with some fortunate chap at one of your barbecue soirees.

There was an amount of heavy petting but no intercourse. I was most insistent on this matter.

I'm not having young girls getting into trouble on my watch. No sirree.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:55 PM
There was an amount of heavy petting but no intercourse. I was most insistent on this matter.

I'm not having young girls getting into trouble on my watch. No sirree.

I take it you were on hand to observe closely in order to ensure this rule was obeyed?

Sir C
08-18-2017, 02:56 PM
I take it you were on hand to observe closely in order to ensure this rule was obeyed?

Naturally. A chap takes his duties very seriously in this regard. Yes. A hide in the bushes and cameras in the bathroom; these are the tools with which we keep our young women pure.

Tony C
08-18-2017, 02:58 PM
Windies are pitiful at ODIs...tests just make even worse

I'd be disappointed if Cook isn't bearing down on the WR by close of play...this lot are so clueless it's unreal...they'll keep bowling the same until the opposition get bored and declare.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 02:58 PM
It's a fair cop, guv.

No, you're alright. It's a sad, but true, fact that western Libs, or lefties, don't really want to be part of a human race that includes darkies, which is why, I presume, you take a dim view of Saffers; they actually know what they are talking about, when it comes to black Africans left to their own devices in their own home environment :-\

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Naturally. A chap takes his duties very seriously in this regard. Yes. A hide in the bushes and cameras in the bathroom; these are the tools with which we keep our young women pure.

Quite right. If a man weren't allowed to spy on nubile young ladies in his own home, who knows what sort of perversions might take place under his roof?

Burney
08-18-2017, 03:02 PM
No, you're alright. It's a sad, but true, fact that western Libs, or lefties, don't really want to be part of a human race that includes darkies, which is why, I presume, you take a dim view of Saffers; they actually know what they are talking about, when it comes to black Africans left to their own devices in their own home environment :-\

I knew a saffer who, when told a product was 'foolproof', responded 'Ja, but is it effrikgn-proof? Un uther wurds, kin you guv it to a keffir and he doesn't fack it ap in the forst five munnets?'

Everyone was rather embarrassed by this outburst, needless to say.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 03:08 PM
I knew a saffer who, when told a product was 'foolproof', responded 'Ja, but is it effrikan-proof? Un uther wurds, kin you guv it to a keffir and he doesn't fack it ap in the forst five munnets?'

Everyone was rather embarrassed by this outburst, needless to say.

See what I mean? You encouraged all this, you have blood on your hands. Anyway, it's too late for you to be complaining about being white-vanned in the streets now.

Burney
08-18-2017, 03:14 PM
See what I mean? You encouraged all this, you have blood on your hands. Anyway, it's too late for you to be complaining about being white-vanned in the streets now.

What? Because I found a south African's racist outburst a bit boorish (boer-ish?), I deserve to be murdered by mad mullahs?

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 03:23 PM
What? Because I found a south African's racist outburst a bit boorish (boer-ish?), I deserve to be murdered by mad mullahs?

It's the obvious next stage though, isn't it. Like raising hounds, or sons. You must never allow them an inch, especially during their formative years. It's impossible to un-train bad habits and you can never get that time back and do the thing over again. You must never presume that common sense will prevail in the end as, for them, there is no such thing.

Not everybody will come to their senses, as you apparently did, B. Most people are simple stupid and, or, weak.