PDA

View Full Version : The use of 'sick' to mean impressive is now spreading and has become as

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
08-18-2017, 11:02 AM
corrosively irritating as using "like" as a piece of meaningless punctuation.

I am going to do the same with the word ****. "Wow dude (pronounced dyude) that's a really **** piece of skateboarding you did there!"

"Thanks mum. This is really **** apple pie you made."

Burney
08-18-2017, 11:05 AM

I am going to do the same with the word ****. "Wow dude (pronounced dyude) that's a really **** piece of skateboarding you did there!"

Wait until you find out that 'dank' is now an adjective meaning 'excellent'. This confused the fúck out of me, I have to say.

World's End Stella
08-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Wait until you find out that 'dank' is now an adjective meaning 'excellent'. This confused the fúck out of me, I have to say.

Master WES tells me when I do something silly or in an incorrect manner that I am a 'melt'.

Who knew :shrug:

Pat Vegas
08-18-2017, 11:12 AM

:hehe:
Unrelated but when I see the term 'plays like butter' in regards to a guitar I cringe.

Burney
08-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Master WES tells me when I do something silly or in an incorrect manner that I am a 'melt'.

Who knew :shrug:

Yes, I quite like 'melt'. Dank, on the other hand, is just wrong.

World's End Stella
08-18-2017, 11:13 AM

Apparently a derivative of 'tuna melt', which is now seen as being something embarrassing and dated.

Burney
08-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Apparently a derivative of 'tuna melt', which is now seen as being something embarrassing and dated.

I never understood the combination of tuna and melted cheese. Always seemed wrong to me.

However, I doubt this derivation. Surely it's as simple as just being someone who melts when things get too hot?

World's End Stella
08-18-2017, 01:00 PM
I never understood the combination of tuna and melted cheese. Always seemed wrong to me.

However, I doubt this derivation. Surely it's as simple as just being someone who melts when things get too hot?

Dunno, Burney. He uses it because his mates in his house at school use it, I expect. Although that was the explanation he offered me.

Peter
08-18-2017, 02:04 PM

Dank means weed, doesn't it? Proper skunk, not the boring old Thai stuff.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Dank means weed, doesn't it? Proper skunk, not the boring old Thai stuff.

Yes. And from there, it has come to mean 'cool', appaza.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 02:11 PM
Yes. And from there, it has come to mean 'cool', appaza.

One of my fellow jurors was a charming young maths teacher at a secondary school, who brought a spliff with him every day which he was happy to share at lunchtime.

He advised me that the occasional rock of crack is a most charming thing, and not dangerously moreish at all. One assumes his judgement is good.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:12 PM
One of my fellow jurors was a charming young maths teacher at a secondary school, who brought a spliff with him every day which he was happy to share at lunchtime.

He advised me that the occasional rock of crack is a most charming thing, and not dangerously moreish at all. One assumes his judgement is good.

He was probably a communist, of course. All teachers are, these days.

I was thinking I quite fancied a go on some crack while watching a thing about the international drug trade the other day.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 02:14 PM

I was thinking I quite fancied a go on some crack while watching a thing about the international drug trade the other day.

An intense rushing high for just 5 minutes, apparently. This strikes me as usefl for those occasions when time is short.

Peter
08-18-2017, 02:15 PM

It has never appealed. I was always perfectly happy with cocaine.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 02:16 PM
It has never appealed. I was always perfectly happy with cocaine.

We have the advice of a pedagogical type now though, p.

Burney
08-18-2017, 02:18 PM
An intense rushing high for just 5 minutes, apparently. This strikes me as usefl for those occasions when time is short.

Might be difficult to maintain concentration when performing other tasks like cooking, though, I imagine. One might need a sit down during the intense,rushing high