PDA

View Full Version : First Simon Jenkins article on the importance of doing nothing

Sir C
08-18-2017, 10:03 AM
to try to combat terrorism. :clap:

He always gets in inside 24 hours. In the world of appeasers, Jenkins is a true giant.

Burney
08-18-2017, 10:09 AM

He always gets in inside 24 hours. In the world of appeasers, Jenkins is a true giant.

One wonders how he would respond to a modern version of the old "What would you do if an enemy solider was raping your sister?" conchy question.

Presumably, he'd stand there and let him for fear of stirring up Islamophobia otherwise. Pathetic old ****.

Monty92
08-18-2017, 10:15 AM

Did you get as far as the final sentence? That, to me, is a pretty thinly veiled way of saying "we had it coming"

Burney
08-18-2017, 10:16 AM

461 Europeans have been murdered by Islamic terror since 2016. But we should just sit tight and not even put up barriers to protect ourselves because that's 'terrorising' our cities to his mind.

I really would love to kick that man squarely in the gonads.

Burney
08-18-2017, 10:20 AM
461 Europeans have been murdered by Islamic terror since 2015. But we should just sit tight and not even put up barriers to protect ourselves because that's 'terrorising' our cities to his mind.

That appalling woman Yasmin Alibhai-Brown was wringing her hands about it yesterday with the words 'What have Catalonians ever done to muslims?', thus clearly suggesting that the rest of us basically deserved it.

Pat Vegas
08-18-2017, 10:26 AM
461 Europeans have been murdered by Islamic terror since 2016. But we should just sit tight and not even put up barriers to protect ourselves because that's 'terrorising' our cities to his mind.

We must not change our way of life. 'that's what they want'

From all these events there has been one weird bloke who wanted revenge and tried to attack the mosque and only succeeded to kill a bloke who was conveniently already dying.

That story stinks.

Ash
08-18-2017, 10:29 AM
That appalling woman Yasmin Alibhai-Brown was wringing her hands about it yesterday with the words 'What have Catalonians ever done to muslims?', thus clearly suggesting that the rest of us basically deserved it.

However relevant or not-relevant the approx one-to-two million deaths in Muslim countries resulting from recent conflicts initiated by US-UK-France and some other NATO outlets may be in this discussion, the above could equally be making the point that the 'revenge on crusaders' argument sometimes made by IS/AQ and their ilk is utterly specious.

Pat Vegas
08-18-2017, 10:30 AM
However relevant or not-relevant the approx one-to-two million deaths in Muslim countries resulting from recent conflicts initiated by US-UK-France and some other NATO outlets may be in this discussion, the above could equally be making the point that the 'revenge on crusaders' argument sometimes made by IS/AQ and their ilk is utterly specious.

Hmm but I was a told it's nothing to do with Islam.

Burney
08-18-2017, 10:33 AM

But they don't make that argument. In Dabiq they made it clear that they would still kill us regardless of our foreign policy. They don't kill us because of what we do, they kill us because we exist.

The only people who actually think ISIS attack us because of our foreign policies are western-based lefties keen to excuse muslim extremism and condemn western nations.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Did you get as far as the final sentence? That, to me, is a pretty thinly veiled way of saying "we had it coming"

I hadn't made it that far because of the nausea indiuced by the first couple of paragraphs, but now you've prompted me to read it, I've got rage to go with my sickness. Thanks a bunch.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 11:03 AM

I've not read the article, but I agree with that part.

World's End Stella
08-18-2017, 11:06 AM
I hadn't made it that far because of the nausea indiuced by the first couple of paragraphs, but now you've prompted me to read it, I've got rage to go with my sickness. Thanks a bunch.

I had no issue with the article at all until the last paragraph.

At which point I wanted to repeatedly punch Simon in the face. Appalling c*nt.

Burney
08-18-2017, 11:08 AM
I've not read the article, but I agree with that part.

Oh, we had it coming, but not for the reasons he's suggesting. We had it coming in the same way that a host who invites every scumbag for miles around to his party has it coming when they steal everything he owns and trash the place.

PSRB
08-18-2017, 11:15 AM

Well they weren't really targeting Catalonians, just the barbaric tourists

Burney
08-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Well they weren't really targeting Catalonians, just the barbaric tourists

Unfortunately, a speeding van is not really a precision weapon

Peter
08-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately, a speeding van is not really a precision weapon

It's the 'poor man's guided missile' apparently.

Burney
08-18-2017, 11:37 AM
It's the 'poor man's guided missile' apparently.

Yes. The idiocy in that article was so general that I missed quite how stupid that analogy was.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 11:39 AM
One wonders how he would respond to a modern version of the old "What would you do if an enemy solider was raping your sister?" conchy question.

Presumably, he'd stand there and let him for fear of stirring up Islamophobia otherwise. Pathetic old ****.

I don't know the fellow, but be aware that "enemy" may hold a different meaning to him than it does for you. Not to mention "raping".

Peter
08-18-2017, 11:41 AM
Yes. The idiocy in that article was so general that I missed quite how stupid that analogy was.

I have no idea who the bloke is but the article veers between stupid and pointless, frequently embracing both.

Who gives a **** if we have to put up a few barriers?

This statue stuff in America is annoying the **** out of me as well, not least because I have ended up agreeing with Donald ****ing Trump......

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 11:44 AM
I have no idea who the bloke is but the article veers between stupid and pointless, frequently embracing both.

This statue stuff in America is annoying the **** out of me as well, not least because I have ended up agreeing with Donald ****ing Trump......

Christ! What do you agree with Donald Trump about?

Peter
08-18-2017, 11:47 AM
Christ! What do you agree with Donald Trump about?

Tearing down statues.

Burney
08-18-2017, 11:48 AM

Well this is sort of the thing with the polarisation of US politics. After a while, almost any sane human being is forced into a situation where they have to either agree with Donald Trump or tacitly endorse the lunacy that is rife among his opponents. It's how he won the election.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 11:58 AM
Well this is sort of the thing with the polarisation of US politics. After a while, almost any sane human being is forced into a situation where they have to either agree with Donald Trump or tacitly endorse the lunacy that is rife among his opponents. It's how he won the election.

I'm not sure. Practically everyone's had lunatic Left sympathies at some stage in their life, haven't they. Perhaps that's the trouble; had everyone always been as staunch as they now claim, we wouldn't be where we are now? After all, the Left has always struggled politically, electorally, over a longer period of time so, to alleviate this, it's always really been about the culture (education, the media etc.), for them. That's long been their battlefield of choice, so to speak.

Peter
08-18-2017, 11:58 AM

Do these dickheads think they can just erase the most momentous period of their country's history? And that getting rid of a few statues of soldiers is going to do that?

I find it utterly bewildering....

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 12:01 PM
Do these dickheads think they can just erase the most momentous period of their country's history? And that getting rid of a few statues of soldiers is going to do that?

I suppose it's the difference between an actual book and its online or digital counterpart; one of them can be re-edited or even erased completely. Maybe it's also why Hollywood is busy re-making many of its old hits?

Ash
08-18-2017, 12:11 PM

One of the points argued is that these statues were not put up just after the civil war but either in the 20s or 60s - the latter in opposition to the civil rights movement. Also, that no-one complains when statues of Lenin and co are removed in the former USSR.

I'm not really on any side here, btw. Though by a coincidence I got a book on London statues and monuments for my birthday this week. I might go and pull a few down if I disagreed with something they did.

Oh, and I also read some remarkably racist quotes from Abraham Lincoln which somewhat deflates the virtue balloon of the Unionist side.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Oh, and I also read some remarkably racist quotes from Abraham Lincoln which somewhat deflates the virtue balloon of the Unionist side.

Nobody's perfect, are they. But maybe the point is that nobody dares say that about Martin Luther King, for example.

Sir C
I'm not sure. Practically everyone's had lunatic Left sympathies at some stage in their life, haven't they. Perhaps that's the trouble; had everyone always been as staunch as they now claim, we wouldn't be where we are now? After all, the Left has always struggled politically, electorally, over a longer period of time so, to alleviate this, it's always really been about the culture (education, the media etc.), for them. That's long been their battlefield of choice, so to speak.

I fúcking haven't, I can assure you.

Sir C
Nobody's perfect, are they. But maybe the point is that nobody dares say that about Martin Luther King, for example.

MLK was no fan of battymen, I understand.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 12:16 PM

Yeah, I think you have. Anyway, you certainly do now.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 12:17 PM
MLK was no fan of battymen, I understand.

No reason why he should've been, of course, but I take your point completely.

Ash
08-18-2017, 12:19 PM

But you believe in equal rights for women and gays, Sir C! That makes you a raving pinko in redg's book, I imagine. Pwopah old-school conservative is redg.

EDIT: You probably don't even believe in God!

Sir C
08-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I think you have. Anyway, you certainly do now.

:-( You can't say dem fings, r.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 12:25 PM
But you believe in equal rights for women and gays, Sir C! That makes you a raving pinko in redg's book, I imagine. Pwopah old-school conservative is redg.

Well yes I do, but I accept that birds can't be as good at some things as men because they don't have the same physical strength or ability to throw. Also, in some circumstances they can become all emotional about shít. So having chicks on the front line, for example, would be a step too far for me.

I'm all over the bumders, as you know, but I'm not really happy about gay marriage. Adam and Eve, innit. Not Adam and Steve.

As for God, I remain agnostic. Or I think so, anyway.

None of these opinions is leftist or rightist, is it? Surely they're just... common sense?

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 12:25 PM

In fairness, it's not me whining about being suicide-bombed or white-vanned in the streets.

Monty92
08-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Well yes I do, but I accept that birds can't be as good at some things as men because they don't have the same physical strength or ability to throw. Also, in some circumstances they can become all emotional about shít. So having chicks on the front line, for example, would be a step too far for me.

I'm all over the bumders, as you know, but I'm not really happy about gay marriage. Adam and Eve, innit. Not Adam and Steve.

None of these opinions is leftist or rightist, is it? Surely they're just... common sense?

Are you agnostic about the existence of Zeus and Thor as well? What about the fairies at the bottom of your garden?

Pokster
08-18-2017, 12:29 PM
Are you agnostic about the existence of Zeus and Thor as well? What about the fairies at the bottom of your garden?

don't think it is PC to call them fairies anymore m

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 12:31 PM

Sure. But the context here is "rightists" believing these things go without saying and "leftists" thinking that these are terrible anomalies and injustices that need to be wiped from history regardless of any common sense aspects.

Essentially, it's the singer that's important here, rather than the song.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 12:31 PM

You are questioning my agnosticism on logical grounds there, aren't you?

You do appreciate how fúcking stupid that is, don't you?

Monty92
08-18-2017, 12:34 PM

What, being illogical? Yes I do.

So stop being stupid and just tell people you don't believe in God ('atheist' being as redundant a term as 'agnostic')

Sir C
08-18-2017, 12:40 PM

So stop being stupid and just tell people you don't believe in God ('atheist' being as redundant a term as 'agnostic')

May one enquire what gives you the right to decide what I should tell people? You're overstepping your remit here by quite a margin.

Plus, if I go to this place in Colindale and there's no booze, I will twist your little jew cock off and ram it up your saggy old arsepart. And the Lord will look kindly upon my work.

barrybueno
08-18-2017, 12:43 PM
In fairness, it's not me whining about being suicide-bombed or white-vanned in the streets.

You can't use the term 'white-vanned' in this day and age reds :judge:

Ash
08-18-2017, 12:43 PM

True believers see agnostics as atheists trying to hedge their bets.

I think you have to pick a side. God is more likely to spare you if She sees the courage of your convictions. :nod:

Sir C
08-18-2017, 12:46 PM
True believers see agnostics as atheists trying to hedge their bets.

I think you have to pick a side. God is more likely to spare you if She sees the courage of your convictions. :nod:

Yes, but true believers are mental, surely?

I believe you will find that the correct pronoun for God is xe, given that xe is genderfluid :nod:

Monty92
08-18-2017, 12:48 PM
May one enquire what gives you the right to decide what I should tell people? You're overstepping your remit here by quite a margin.

Plus, if I go to this place in Colindale and there's no booze, I will twist your little jew cock off and ram it up your saggy old arsepart. And the Lord will look kindly upon my work.

You can't go around saying you're undecided about the idea that there's a flying spaghetti monster and then get all huffy when people occasionally step in and tell you to stop being a spastic.

I didn't see any booze, but I did have a delightful chilled passion fruit bubble tea. Could that work for you guys?

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 12:48 PM

Right. Those terms are especially meaningless anyway, if you want to be modern, liberal and secular.

Monty92
08-18-2017, 12:49 PM
Right. Those terms are especially meaningless anyway, if you want to be modern, liberal and secular.

I may share a (theoretical) commitment to secularism with liberals, but unlike liberals I can see the downsides.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 12:51 PM
You can't go around saying you're undecided about the idea that there's a flying spaghetti monster and not expect people to occasionally step in and tell you to stop being a spastic.

I didn't see any booze, but I did have a delightful chilled passion fruit bubble tea. Could that work for you guys?

That'll be fine if we remember to take a hipflask of mescaline.

No booze, for Christ's sake. How can you eat a meal without wine? It's barbaric.

Monty92
08-18-2017, 12:53 PM
That'll be fine if we remember to take a hipflask of mescaline.

No booze, for Christ's sake. How can you eat a meal without wine? It's barbaric.

There's an all-singing all-dancing restaurant on the ground floor which I am sure serves wine. Just buy a bottle from there and take it up to the food court.

Go with an appetite and get the funky sounding dishes first. I made the fatal mistake of ordering the pigs intestines in ejaculate soup at the very end, and was rather uncomfortably close to vomiting :-(

World's End Stella
08-18-2017, 12:54 PM

Shame Gandhi and Einstein aren't around so that Charles could explain to them how stupid they are as well, eh?

Nothing suggests to me that someone is intellectually limited more than the assumption that there is no limit to the capabilities of man's intellect. That's you that is, Monty.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 12:56 PM
There's an all-singing all-dancing restaurant on the ground floor which I am sure serves wine. Just buy a bottle from there and take it up to the food court.

Go with an appetite and get the funky sounding dishes first. I made the fatal mistake of ordering the pigs intestines in ejaculate soup at the very end, and was rather uncomfortably close to vomiting :-(

I'm kind of done with ordering the bizarre-sounding stuff. I've eaten oddness all over the world, from chicken feet and intestines to termites, ants and frogs and snake wine and snakeblood sauce and fried tarantula and locusts and crocodile and zzzzzzzz. Who can be ársed with all that nonsense now we're grown ups.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Shame Gandhi and Einstein aren't around so that Charles could explain to them how stupid they are as well, eh?

Nothing suggests to me that someone is intellectually limited more than the assumption that there is no limit to the capabilities of man's intellect. That's you that is, Monty.

In fairness Gandhi was a fúcking moron and Einstein German, so they're not exactly what you'd call an admirable couple, are they?

World's End Stella
08-18-2017, 01:02 PM
In fairness Gandhi was a fúcking moron and Einstein German, so they're not exactly what you'd call an admirable couple, are they?

Admirable is debatable, the caliber of their intellect is not. Besides, you don't have to look very hard to find awfully intelligent people who hold a deep religious faith. I don't myself, you understand, but I would never belittle someone's intellect because they did.

That is the act of a moron. Or possibly someone who writes photo captions for a living.

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:03 PM
:-( You can't say dem fings, r.

You found that bloke not guilty, didn't you? That was pretty lefty of you, I'd say.

Monty92
08-18-2017, 01:04 PM

No, they believed in the spiritual (as do I) but at that time the concept did not have the western scientific backing to give it a name other than 'God'

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 01:04 PM
I would merely add that for them, there is no downsides. For them, the war is against certain people,
rather than against certain ideas.

Or, to put it another way, the ideas held by certain people are to be considered wrong by definition. Ideas promulgated by those people are wrong, if only because it's those people promulgating them. Logic is redundant here and they understand this fully, whereas you may not.

I may share a (theoretical) commitment to secularism with liberals, but unlike liberals I can see the downsides.

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:07 PM
You can't go around saying you're undecided about the idea that there's a flying spaghetti monster and then get all huffy when people occasionally step in and tell you to stop being a spastic.

Fùck right off, is it!

Ash
08-18-2017, 01:09 PM
No, they believed in the spiritual (as do I) but at that time the concept did not have the western scientific backing to give it a name other than 'God'

Oooooh, what's all this then?

Believe in the spiritual do we?

Crystals, is it?

Auras?

Dabble in a bit of .... astrology .... do we, sir?

Hmmm?

IUFG
08-18-2017, 01:11 PM

In that article there is mention of terrorism and terror.

The word 'Terrorist' is never used. 'Killer' and 'Suspects', on the other hand, are.

Is he deliberately trying to avoid calling these terrorists, terrorists?

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:12 PM

Why this unreasonable insistence on the absolute? What the fùck business is it of yours if someone occasionally wavers between rationalism and faith? Why must we be one thing or the other?

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:16 PM

Crystals, is it?

Auras?

Hmmm?

All sounds a little too Hoddle for my liking.

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:18 PM

He has a point, doesn't he? You either believe in God or you don't. Not knowing is one of many forms of not believing but they amount to the same thing.

As my old history teacher used to say, 'work not here is work not done'......

The dog didn't eat your faith.....

Monty92
08-18-2017, 01:19 PM
Nah, just the mysteries of consciousness. All perfectly scientific.

Crystals, is it?

Auras?

Hmmm?

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Why this unreasonable insistence on the absolute? What the fùck business is it of yours if someone occasionally wavers between rationalism and faith? Why must we be one thing or the other?

Monty is a bit all or nothing on many things. Brexit is brexit, it means what it means- there is only one Brexit and it cannot mean anything else.

Similarly, Islam is Islam, interpretation is a red herring. It means rape and terrorism.

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:22 PM
Nah, just the mysteries of consciousness. All perfectly scientific.

Scientific mysteries. How very empirical....

Sir C
08-18-2017, 01:22 PM
You found that bloke not guilty, didn't you? That was pretty lefty of you, I'd say.

It really, really wasn't. There simply wasn't anywhere near enough credible evidence to put his guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Monty92
08-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Do you wavour between rationalism and faith in any other aspects of your life? Do you ever step outside and find yourself hoping the laws of gravity hold firm and prevent you from floating into the sky?

No you don't. So why wavour when it comes to the existence of a Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Monty92
08-18-2017, 01:24 PM
No less empirical than research into dark matter. Or do you consider that airy fairy bull**** because we don't know all the answers yet?

Scientific mysteries. How very empirical....

Monty92
08-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Stop reducing me to a caricature. It's mean. And don't even think about adding a comedy big nose.

Monty is a bit all or nothing on many things. Brexit is brexit, it means what it means- there is only one Brexit and it cannot mean anything else.

Similarly, Islam is Islam, interpretation is a red herring. It means rape and terrorism.

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:26 PM
He has a point, doesn't he? You either believe in God or you don't. Not knowing is one of many forms of not believing but they amount to the same thing.

As my old history teacher used to say, 'work not here is work not done'......

The dog didn't eat your faith.....

Man is a duality of the rational and the irrational. They co-exist and we are all perfectly capable of knowing rationally that something isn't the case while still nonetheless retaining a vestigial - if irrational - belief in that thing,

Sir C
08-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Stop reducing me to a caricature. It's mean. And don't even think about adding a comedy big nose.

I detest it when people are mean to you monty :-( Bunch of ****s.

Being mean to you is my job, and I think I make a pretty good fist of it. On the odd occasion I remove it from your mum, obvs.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 01:28 PM
It really, really wasn't. There simply wasn't anywhere near enough credible evidence to put his guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

That's a good point actually. We never really know, do we, as we weren't actually there. So then there's reasonable doubt, but what happens when people start to ask the question "What is reason."

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:29 PM

Yes, but he was clearly of the criminal classes, wasn't he? And if he hadn't done that, he'd done something else. Best to lock him up and be on the safe side imo.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Man is a duality of the rational and the irrational. They co-exist and we are all perfectly capable of knowing rationally that something isn't the case while still nonetheless retaining a vestigial - if irrational - belief in that thing,

But that's what rules are for, ain't it, so people don't have to think about all that?

Sir C
08-18-2017, 01:30 PM
That's a good point actually. We never really know, do we, as we weren't actually there. So then there's reasonable doubt, but what happens when people start to ask the question "What is reason."

Oh the judge goes through all that nonsense ad nauseam before the jury retires. The legal definition of each of the words in the endictment, how to apply those definitions to the evidence presented, exactly what 'beyond reasonable doubt' means in legal terms, yadda yadda yadda.

It was fúcking boring, I can tell you.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Yes, but he was clearly of the criminal classes, wasn't he? And if he hadn't done that, he'd done something else. Best to lock him up and be on the safe side imo.

Well he was a junkie with mental health issues but there was no mention of a criminal record. He was appallingly common, granted, but we can't lock all the common people up, can we? Who would serve us?

redgunamo
Oh the judge goes through all that nonsense ad nauseam before the jury retires. The legal definition of each of the words in the endictment, how to apply those definitions to the evidence presented, exactly what 'beyond reasonable doubt' means in legal terms, yadda yadda yadda.

It was fúcking boring, I can tell you.

The judge is in the same position as the jury though; he too, knows from nothing :shrug:

Peter

Have I ever made a joke about your nose? Have I ever made a reference to you being Jewish? No, I haven't. Now would I ever.

I love the jews. All of them. Great bunch.

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:33 PM
The judge is in the same position as the jury though; he too, knows from nothing :shrug:

Who the **** are you?

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Do you wavour between rationalism and faith in any other aspects of your life? Do you ever step outside and find yourself hoping the laws of gravity hold firm and prevent you from floating into the sky?

No you don't. So why wavour when it comes to the existence of a Flying Spaghetti Monster?

You know that flying is a hugely safe form of transport. But you have many times told us how you fear or have feared it. Sir C finds your irrationality in this matter absurd just as you find his talk of agnosticism absurd.

In other words, you are not rational in all things, so why demand that others should be in areas where you profess a rather irksome certitude?

Gravity is a physical law, by the way. There is no physical law stating the non-existence of God.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Who the **** are you?

Is the answer "Paul Gascoigne"?

Ash
08-18-2017, 01:34 PM

:nod: Like Arsenal winning the league.

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:35 PM
You know that flying is a hugely safe form of transport. But you have many times told us how you fear or have feared it. Sir C finds your irrationality in this matter absurd just as you find his talk of agnosticism absurd.

In other words, you are not rational in all things, so why demand that others should be in ?

Gravity is a physical law, by the way. There is no physical law stating the non-existence of God.

Fear of flying is not irrational. It cant be, because I have it.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Have I ever made a joke about your nose? Have I ever made a reference to you being Jewish? No, I haven't. Now would I ever.

I love the jews. All of them. Great bunch.

I used to love jews until I came into contact with monty. He's turned me into a sort of proto-Nazi. Another few years round here and I'll be ordering Jud Süß from Amazon and inviting our resident Hitler enthusiast la round to watch it :-(

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Is the answer "Paul Gascoigne"?

Tell me who are you?

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:37 PM
:nod: Like Arsenal winning the league.

Exactly so, a. Or Arsene's belief that Theo will eventually come good.

Ash
08-18-2017, 01:37 PM
He was appallingly common, granted, but we can't lock all the common people up, can we? Who would serve us?

Middle class foreigners, of course. That's what the EU is for, after all. Move capital around to where it is most profitable, and ship all the labour around after it to make sure it is cheap. :shrug:

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:38 PM
I used to love jews until I came into contact with monty. He's turned me into a sort of proto-Nazi. Another few years round here and I'll be ordering Jud Süß from Amazon and inviting our resident Hitler enthusiast la round to watch it :-(

Comedy, music, film.....all richer because of our jewish friends.

Also, the women are fit ;)

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Well he was a junkie with mental health issues but there was no mention of a criminal record. He was appallingly common, granted, but we can't lock all the common people up, can we? Who would serve us?

It doesn't sound like this fellow would be much good at serving, tbh.

Ash
08-18-2017, 01:40 PM

Nothing irrational about being afraid of sitting in a thin metal tube thousands of feet in the air.

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Comedy, music, film.....all richer because of our jewish friends.

Also, the women are fit ;)

Hmmm. Apart from salt beef and latkes, their food is minging, though. And they're shīt at sport.

And then there's the whole Goldman Sachs global hegemony thing, of course.

Monty92
Yes there is, coz it's well safe.

Nothing irrational about being afraid of sitting in a thin metal tube thousands of feet in the air.

Sir C

Fear of flying is certainly irrational. Fear of crashing, not so much.

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:43 PM

I fear delays, the lack of a fag, the stench of the hairy ******* next to me....to be honest the thing plunging to the ground and exploding would probably come as a relief.

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Fear of flying is certainly irrational. Fear of crashing, not so much.

Speaking as an unhappy flier, I'm not afraid of crashing. That's just death. It's the actual business of flying that I hate.

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Hmmm. Apart from salt beef and latkes, their food is minging, though. And they're shīt at sport.

Bagels. I will leave it at that.

The global banking cartel thing is a small price to pay for Bob Dylan and Woody Allen.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 01:45 PM

Not to mention the guzzling of the blood of christian babies.

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:45 PM

The global banking cartel thing is a small price to pay for Bob Dylan and Woody Allen.

Ooof, I dunno. Have you heard Bob lately? :-(

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:46 PM
Speaking as an unhappy flier, I'm not afraid of crashing. That's just death. It's the actual business of flying that I hate.

Precisely. Still silly though- worrying is using your imagination to create something that you don't want.

That's the sort of new age rainbow crap that Monty probably likes.

Burney
Not to mention the guzzling of the blood of christian babies.

Well, obvs. It's how they make Matzos, you know.

Sir C

Hatred of flying isn't fear of flying, is it? Back in the day I used to hate the queues and the cramped conditions, but I didn't fear the experience.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 01:48 PM

Wait, what of the chopped liver and the chicken soup?

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Ooof, I dunno. Have you heard Bob lately? :-(

Wooooah! He did his work decades ago. I don't need any new ****. Same with Woody.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 01:49 PM

Indeed. And they also produce excellent hounds. Some of the best ever, in fact.

Burney
08-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Hatred of flying isn't fear of flying, is it? Back in the day I used to hate the queues and the cramped conditions, but I didn't fear the experience.

No, you don't understand. For the early portions of most flights, my heartrate is through the roof and I'm having to control my breathing so as not to hyperventilate. It's an out-and-out fear response. I get it under control with the help of my first gin and tonic, but it's a very real fear thing. But the fear is not about crashing, it's a hind-brain response to a fùcking weird environment that my conscious, rational mind struggles to control.

It's a bugger, really.

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Wait, what of the chopped liver and the chicken soup?

I regularly get to sample a 4th generation family recipe chicken liver pate. Its a genuine delight.

The chicken soup, not so much

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Indeed. And they also produce excellent hounds. Some of the best ever, in fact.

Really? Hebrew hounds?

Peter
08-18-2017, 01:52 PM
No, you don't understand. For the early portions of most flights, my heartrate is through the roof and I'm having to control my breathing so as not to hyperventilate. It's an out-and-out fear response. I get it under control with the help of my first gin and tonic, but it's a very real fear thing. But the fear is not about crashing, it's a hind-brain response to a fùcking weird environment that my conscious, rational mind struggles to control.

It's a bugger, really.

Valium and AC/DC works for me.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Really? Hebrew hounds?

One of the key regions of origin, innit. One of my newly-aquired puppies is called "Lavi", for a short-lived Israeli fighter jet.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Middle class foreigners, of course. That's what the EU is for, after all. Move capital around to where it is most profitable, and ship all the labour around after it to make sure it is cheap. :shrug:

Middle class foreigners is practically everybody nowadays though, isn't it. That's the trouble. And no-one says anything about the movement of capital until they lose their own job, do they.

Thing is, what's wrong is wrong, always, all the time, and not just when it affects you personally.

redgunamo
08-18-2017, 06:04 PM
Wooooah! He did his work decades ago. I don't need any new ****. Same with Woody.

That's right, I think.