PDA

View Full Version : Playing around with this, I'm struck by the discrepancy in pie prices.

Burney
08-18-2017, 08:34 AM
How come, when everyone other London-ish Prem club is charging approximately 4 quid for a pie, Chelsea are only charging £2.50? :rubchin: Is Roman subsidising the pies? Or are Chelsea putting some really horrible shít in there? :-(

https://ws.cadcorp.com/priceoffootball/Mobile/map.aspx?origUrl=https%3a%2f%2fws.cadcorp.com%2fpr iceoffootball%2fmobile%2fmap.aspx%3fmapname%3dFirs tMap

Pokster
08-18-2017, 08:36 AM
How come, when everyone other London-ish Prem club is charging approximately 4 quid for a pie, Chelsea are only charging £2.50? :rubchin: Is Roman subsidising the pies? Or are Chelsea putting some really horrible shít in there? :-(

https://ws.cadcorp.com/priceoffootball/Mobile/map.aspx?origUrl=https%3a%2f%2fws.cadcorp.com%2fpr iceoffootball%2fmobile%2fmap.aspx%3fmapname%3dFirs tMap

Could be their way of getting money back on Costa... Costa pies, get him while he's hot

Burney
08-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Could be their way of getting money back on Costa... Costa pies, get him while he's hot

I wouldn't eat a pie made of Costa. :puke:

Sir C
08-18-2017, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't eat a pie made of Costa. :puke:

Talking of pies, the Korean chicken wings at Boxpark are worth travelling for.

Burney
08-18-2017, 08:43 AM
Talking of pies, the Korean chicken wings at Boxpark are worth travelling for.

I don't go to Croydon anymore, really. No reason to, really.

Besides, Boxpark is completely new to me. Is it on the Purley Way?

Sir C
08-18-2017, 08:47 AM
I don't go to Croydon anymore, really. No reason to, really.

Besides, Boxpark is completely new to me. Is it on the Purley Way?

I doubt I will ever be there again, which is something of a shame.

It's right next to East Croydon station. You've got your Vietnamese, your Korean, your Thai, you've got burgers, roast beef, vegan, Lebanese... there must be 30 stalls.

Burney
08-18-2017, 08:50 AM
I doubt I will ever be there again, which is something of a shame.

It's right next to East Croydon station. You've got your Vietnamese, your Korean, your Thai, you've got burgers, roast beef, vegan, Lebanese... there must be 30 stalls.

Really? How weird. I do occasionally go via East Croydon, so might use it then.

I remember when the major attraction at East Croydon Station was a long wall with the legend 'I FEEL SICK' spray painted on it in big letters.

Those were the days :old:

Sir C
08-18-2017, 09:03 AM
Really? How weird. I do occasionally go via East Croydon, so might use it then.

I remember when the major attraction at East Croydon Station was a long wall with the legend 'I FEEL SICK' spray painted on it in big letters.

Those were the days :old:

You may take a train to Bromley South, then change for Beckenham Junction. At Beckenham Junction take tram no. 2 for West Croydon and get off at East Croydon. Tap in at the tram stop to pay your £1.50 but do not tap out. Any other advice you may need about public transport will be happily shared :thumbup:

Burney
08-18-2017, 09:06 AM
You may take a train to Bromley South, then change for Beckenham Junction. At Beckenham Junction take tram no. 2 for West Croydon and get off at East Croydon. Tap in at the tram stop to pay your £1.50 but do not tap out. Any other advice you may need about public transport will be happily shared :thumbup:

Were I heading that way and given where I live, surely I would just take a train from London Bridge or Victoria directly to East Croydon?

Sir C
08-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Were I heading that way and given where I live, surely I would just take a train from London Bridge or Victoria directly to East Croydon?

That might, perhaps, be the chosen routing of the unimaginative, inexperienced traveller.

Trust me. I know about these things. In two weeks commuting I only got on the wrong train once; and even then I kept my shít together so that I was able to make the decision to leave the train at Rochester and wait for v to collect me.

Burney
08-18-2017, 09:12 AM
That might, perhaps, be the chosen routing of the unimaginative, inexperienced traveller.

Trust me. I know about these things. In two weeks commuting I only got on the wrong train once; and even then I kept my shít together so that I was able to make the decision to leave the train at Rochester and wait for v to collect me.

You dragged your poor wife out to Rochester to pick you up because you got drunk? This is the act of a dastard, surely? What of God's honest taxi cab?

Sir C
08-18-2017, 09:14 AM
You dragged your poor wife out to Rochester to pick you up because you got drunk? This is the act of a dastard, surely? What of God's honest taxi cab?

I had no choice in the matter, b. She can, as you know, be very forceful when she sets her mind to something.

My word. I was quite messed up. Yes indeedy.

Monty92
08-18-2017, 09:19 AM
Bang Bang Oriental Food Hall.

You. Must. Go.

Only downside is it involves going to Colindale.

I had no choice in the matter, b. She can, as you know, be very forceful when she sets her mind to something.

Burney
08-18-2017, 09:20 AM

This was with your fellow jurors was it? Were they good chaps, then?

Burney
08-18-2017, 09:22 AM

You. Must. Go.

My wife is insisting we go to a Korean restaurant in Stevenage tomorrow evening. I have literally no idea why. All the food sounds rank.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 09:25 AM

You. Must. Go.

A visit to the RAF museum may be in order.

Burney
08-18-2017, 09:27 AM
A visit to the RAF museum may be in order.

Let me know if you do. I could join you.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 09:28 AM
Let me know if you do. I could join you.

We should arrange this for a day when the kids have gone back to school.

My concern is that monty is directing us to somewhere we won't be able to get a fúcking drink.

Burney
08-18-2017, 09:31 AM
We should arrange this for a day when the kids have gone back to school.

My concern is that monty is directing us to somewhere we won't be able to get a fúcking drink.

Of course. I always forget that he's Jewish and doesn't understand about alcoholism. :-(

I've got a week off from the 4th to the 8th which I'm just spending pottering about. Not sure if kids are back at school by then.

Sir C
08-18-2017, 09:34 AM
Of course. I always forget that he's Jewish and doesn't understand about alcoholism. :-(

I've got a week off from the 4th to the 8th which I'm just spending pottering about. Not sure if kids are back at school by then.

Hmm, Thursday 7th might well work... can we pencil that in and confirm next week?

Burney
08-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Hmm, Thursday 7th might well work... can we pencil that in and confirm next week?

Sure thing. :thumbup: