PDA

View Full Version : I like the way Wenger is really putting AL9 on the spot

redgunamo
08-17-2017, 01:52 PM
No more messing around, and it's about time too.

We want, we need, a goal a game from him. That's what Wenger's paid all that money for.

Pat Vegas
08-17-2017, 02:25 PM

We want, we need, a goal a game from him. That's what Wenger's paid all that money for.

did he add an extra bit
'We need those goals as Alexis won't be here to get them'

redgunamo
08-17-2017, 02:33 PM
did he add an extra bit

He didn't actually mention Alexis. He just pointedly remarked that as Zlatan had transferred his own France form to the Premier League, then #LacaNewSigning must aim to do that too.

Wenger's learning, imo.

Monty92
08-17-2017, 02:34 PM
He didn't actually mention Alexis. He just pointedly remarked that as Zlatan had transferred his own France form to the Premier League, then #LacaNewSigning must aim to do that too.

Wenger's learning, imo.

Remembering, perhaps

Burney
08-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Remembering, perhaps

Thierry turned 40 today. How depressing is that? :-(

redgunamo
08-17-2017, 02:37 PM
Remembering, perhaps

No, He never said that about His strikers. Not even Ian Wright, not even Eduardo.

He always makes excuses for them, often before they've even kicked a ball for us. Infuriating, very; it's no good being soft with them. Call it the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

redgunamo
08-17-2017, 02:43 PM

He may have said stuff to Thierry privately, but He has never gone public like this before. Strikers are like fast bowlers really; just point them in the right direction and stand back and let them get on with it.

Sir Curtly is on the radio right now :cloud9:

Monty92
08-17-2017, 02:43 PM
No, He never said that about His strikers. Not even Ian Wright, not even Eduardo.

He always makes excuses for them, often before they've even kicked a ball for us. Infuriating, very; it's no good being soft with them. Call it the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

But if your striker's a little bit shít, you probably need to manage expectations. You can't be telling Olivier Giroud he needs to score 30 a season - he'd swerve off the road, Jonathan. And the fans would shít themselves laughing.

Maybe this new fella is a different kettle of fish.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-17-2017, 02:44 PM
did he add an extra bit

Nearly reached the hour mark

Viva Prat Vegas
08-17-2017, 02:46 PM
A day after The King died
:sherlock:

Pat Vegas
08-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Nearly reached the hour mark

I have a powerful erection

redgunamo
08-17-2017, 02:47 PM
But if your striker's a little bit shít, you probably need to manage expectations. You can't be telling Olivier Giroud he needs to score 30 a season - he'd swerve off the road, Jonathan. And the fans would shít themselves laughing.

Olivier has been fantastic and he wasn't really that far away, potential-wise, when he first joined us, imo. If anything, his price tag didn't really help him and also gave his manager an excuse.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-17-2017, 02:47 PM
I haven't flounced.

someone edited my post off a cliff.

I will raise a glass of iced and chilled Ouzu to you my friend
;-) :driving:

Burney
08-17-2017, 02:48 PM
A day after The King died
:sherlock:

You're saying he's the reincarnation of Elvis Presley?

He's a bit skinny for that, isn't he?

Viva Prat Vegas
08-17-2017, 02:49 PM
I have a powerful erection

:hehe:

wd c

Viva Prat Vegas
08-17-2017, 02:50 PM
You're saying he's the reincarnation of Elvis Presley?

He's a bit skinny for that, isn't he?

Uh-ha-ha

10 chars

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-17-2017, 04:50 PM

Yes as we will be conceding at least a goal a game is last week is anything to go by :-D