PDA

View Full Version : The absolute state of Alan Brazil.

Burney
08-16-2017, 02:02 PM

He looks like he could have a terminal event at any moment.

Mind you, 58. By scotch standards, he's had a good innings.

Peter
08-16-2017, 02:08 PM

He looks like he could have a terminal event at any moment.

Mind you, 58. By scotch standards, he's had a good innings.

Partial to a drink, I understand. It catches up with you eventually.

I was young at the time but I seem to recall him not being that good.

redgunamo
08-16-2017, 02:15 PM

Decent enough but Scotland had a number of better forwards back then, as indeed did Spurs.

Burney
08-16-2017, 02:17 PM

I remember that Ipswich team being quite good, but their two best players were Dutch, as I recall. Although it was a generally good side. Gates, Mariner, Brazil, Beattie, Wark and...errr...Mick Mills.

redgunamo
08-16-2017, 02:28 PM
I remember that Ipswich team being quite good, but their two best players were Dutch, as I recall. Although it was a generally good side. Gates, Mariner, Brazil, Beattie, Wark and...errr...Mick Mills.

And dear old Brian Talbot, of course.

Peter
08-16-2017, 02:36 PM

Ahh, the Ancient Mariner (by the time he joined us). Those were NOT the days.

World's End Stella
08-16-2017, 02:39 PM
And dear old Brian Talbot, of course.

Ahhhhhhhhh Talbot :cloud9:

http://chateau-talbot.com/

Burney
08-16-2017, 02:42 PM
Ahh, the Ancient Mariner (by the time he joined us). Those were NOT the days.

Yes. An odd team that. Had a lot of players who'd been good elsewhere in it, but who were pretty shït for us - Nicholas, Mariner, Anderson, Woodcock.

Peter
08-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Yes. An odd team that. Had a lot of players who'd been good elsewhere in it, but who were pretty shït for us - Nicholas, Mariner, Anderson, Woodcock.

I remember the world as grey and miserable then. Maybe it is just that horrible corrugated iron at the Clock End etched into my mind.

Why would anyone ever have wanted to stand on the Clock End? I never understood that....

redgunamo
08-16-2017, 03:05 PM
I remember the world as grey and miserable then. Maybe it is just that horrible corrugated iron at the Clock End etched into my mind.

Why would anyone ever have wanted to stand on the Clock End? I never understood that....

For us, it was the gritty urban grubbiness of it all. We simply didn't get that sort of thing at home and, best of all, I suppose, our parents would've been horrified.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-16-2017, 03:08 PM

A little bit of :fishing: there, B? I make you completely right wrt the useless Scotch twunt btw.

PSRB
08-16-2017, 03:19 PM

Mick Mills, scorer of my favourite ever OG, diving full length, bullet header into the top corner....majestic, so it was

PSRB
08-16-2017, 03:19 PM

Lee Chapman :puke:

Peter
08-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Mick Mills, scorer of my favourite ever OG, diving full length, bullet header into the top corner....majestic, so it was

There are few things better than a top quality, emphatic own goal :D

Burney
08-16-2017, 04:09 PM
A little bit of :fishing: there, B? I make you completely right wrt the useless Scotch twunt btw.

I wouldn't dare say it if Sir C were about. He'd probably never speak to me again. :-(