PDA

View Full Version : I actually watched most of the game on Friday and I have to say it was tremendous fun

Burney
08-14-2017, 09:23 AM
I haven't enjoyed watching a football match that much in years.

Quite how we emerged from the game with a win I don't know, given that the last time I saw an Arsenal defence that ramshackle, United put 8 goals past it.

So, all in all, well done everyone.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-14-2017, 09:28 AM

Quite how we emerged from the game with a win given that the last time I saw an Arsenal defence that ramshackle, United put 8 goals past it, I don't know. So, all in all, well done everyone.

Lacazette looked very good :cloud9:

Peter
08-14-2017, 09:29 AM

Quite how we emerged from the game with a win given that the last time I saw an Arsenal defence that ramshackle, United put 8 goals past it, I don't know. So, all in all, well done everyone.

I saw the goals. The three we conceded were pretty funny, the second one arguably the best.

Of course I understand why we are getting stick for it but I think if you removed the first four picks at centre back from most squads they would struggle defensively. The weird thing is how we have managed to start a season without centre backs, again. It seems to be becoming an obsession.

I don’t even know why they aren’t available. Are they all injured?

Rich
08-14-2017, 09:31 AM

When is Lemar coming, BGM? We won't have to watch Welbeck so often then. And Vigil Van Dyk?

Thought Ramsey improved us a great deal when he came on.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-14-2017, 09:33 AM

Mertesacker & Gabriel injured, Koscielny banned, Mustafi a leetle bit short of match practice...Chambers shít.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-14-2017, 09:34 AM
I saw the goals. The three we conceded were pretty funny, the second one arguably the best.

Of course I understand why we are getting stick for it but I think if you removed the first four picks at centre back from most squads they would struggle defensively. The weird thing is how we have managed to start a season without centre backs, again. It seems to be becoming an obsession.

Kos is suspended, Mertesacker and Gabriel were injured, Mustafi isn't fit enought to start at the minute and it seems like Chambers is no longer wanted.

Peter
08-14-2017, 09:35 AM
Mertesacker & Gabriel injured, Koscielny banned, Mustafi a leetle bit short of match practice...Chambers shít.

I had a vague recollection that Kos was banned but cant remember why, or for how long.

Peter
08-14-2017, 09:36 AM
When is Lemar coming, BGM? We won't have to watch Welbeck so often then. And Vigil Van Dyk?

Thought Ramsey improved us a great deal when he came on.

I thought the general consensus was that Danny had rather a good game?

Burney
08-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Kos is suspended, Mertesacker and Gabriel were injured, Mustafi isn't fit enought to start at the minute and it seems like Chambers is no longer wanted.

Sorry, but how is a professional footballer allowed to come back from the summer break less than fully match fit?

Rich
08-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Sorry, but how is a professional footballer allowed to come back from the summer break less than fully match fit?

He was given some extra time off because he was playing for Germany in some tinpot international competition.

Burney

He did, didn't he. That little dribble and shot in the box were extremely exciting.

That said, we're going to have to keep Giroud around. He's too useful not to.

Rich

Well maybe, but he isn't French, 21 and didn't cost £60million. Therefore he is less exciting.

He also is one of the most hopeless finishers I've ever seen. Seems a decent bloke, though. Wd DW.

Pokster
08-14-2017, 09:39 AM

I would suggest that all footballers come back from the break less than fully fit, that is why they have a pre season

Peter
He was given some extra time off because he was playing for Germany in some tinpot international competition.

He always does this. Gives them extra time off and leaves us short at the start of the season.

Maybe its worth it, I don't know. ****ing annoying though.

Burney

Hmph. And what of Mertesacker? Is his 'injury' just that little gash he received the other day? Surely that's no reason to miss a game? Terry Butcher lost about 4 pints of blood and kept playing.

Peter
08-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Hmph. And what of Mertesacker? Is his 'injury' just that little gash he received the other day? Surely that's no reason to miss a game? Terry Butcher lost about 4 pints of blood and kept playing.

Health and safety, b.

Pat Vegas
08-14-2017, 09:41 AM

I love him. the ball is either glued to his feet or bumbles it way through. :cloud9:

Rich
He always does this. Gives them extra time off and leaves us short at the start of the season.

He also had a baby... Don't know whether he was given some more time off for that or not.

Burney

Quite. If it's a choice between Mustafi feeling a bit tight and us not having a functional back line, surely the former is preferable?

Burney
08-14-2017, 09:42 AM
He also had a baby... Don't know whether he was given some more time off for that or not.

Well if he'd had a baby, that would be fair enough. However, if it's just his wife having a baby, that's another matter entirely.

Burney
08-14-2017, 09:43 AM
Health and safety, b.

:nod: Back off Brussels, imo.

Pat Vegas
08-14-2017, 09:44 AM
:nod: Back off Brussels, imo.

Threadjack. I've decided Hertford is the place for me Burney.

I shall move after my holiday.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-14-2017, 09:44 AM
I had a vague recollection that Kos was banned but cant remember why, or for how long.

Got a red against Everton in the last game of the season. A really silly red tbh....hence why we had to wheel big Per out for the cup final. Now we have Per out after he got a proper bang on the head in the Charity Shield and Kos has one more game to serve.

Peter
08-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Quite. If it's a choice between Mustafi feeling a bit tight and us not having a functional back line, surely the former is preferable?

Well, we got away with it for one game, unlike last season. Hopefully now he will be firing for next week.

PSRB
08-14-2017, 09:45 AM

He does seem to try his absolute hardest to miss even the simplest chances

Rich
08-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Got a red against Everton in the last game of the season. A really silly red tbh, hence why we had to wheel big Per out for the cup final. Now we have Per out after he got a proper bang on the head in the Charity Shield and Kos has one more game to serve.

Per, Mustafi and Kolisinac seems a bit more sturdy for next week.

Stoke :-( away :-( :-(

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez

Very encouraged by Lacazette.

Burney
I love him. the ball is either glued to his feet or bumbles it way through. :cloud9:

I like him. He's game, gives 100%, is quick, strong, awkward to deal with and wonderfully unselfish.

His only downside is being leetle beet* short footballistically, but you can't have everything.

*quite a lot

Pat Vegas
08-14-2017, 09:48 AM
I like him. He's game, gives 100%, is quick, strong, awkward to deal with and wonderfully unselfish.

His only downside is being leetle beet* short footballistically, but you can't have everything.

*quite a lot

I hope he stays fit. And I don't care if Sanchez goes now there is no space for him.

We'd have lost if he was playing on friday imo

however I don't like Oxlade.

Burney
08-14-2017, 09:49 AM
Threadjack. I've decided Hertford is the place for me Burney.

I shall move after my holiday.

Oh, good. It's very nice. I shall be sure recommend the best places, shops, pubs, etc.

I shall also insist on buying you a pint somewhere.

Rich
08-14-2017, 09:50 AM
I hope he stays fit. And I don't care if Sanchez goes now there is no space for him.

:nod: He'd have shouted at the defence for being sub-par and the atmosphere in the whole team would turn sour. I get the impression that nobody in the dressing room really likes him much. I imagine him to be a very annoying man.

The problem is that he is our second best player behind Mesut.

Burney
08-14-2017, 09:52 AM

Oxlade is one of those players that, while I recognise his quality, I struggle to see his value or where he fits in.

Rich
08-14-2017, 09:53 AM
Oxlade is one of those players that, while I recognise his quality, I struggle to see his value or where he fits in.

It does rather pose a problem for young Hector. Oxlade is better at the wing back role while Hector is more of an out and out right back. If we stick with the back three then I should imagine Hector will be sold to Barca next summer.

World's End Stella
08-14-2017, 12:22 PM
He does seem to try his absolute hardest to miss even the simplest chances

There was a split second there when Saed played it over to him that I was convinced he was about to bottle it. :hehe: