PDA

View Full Version : You do all realise that Glen was a blistering axeman?

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
08-09-2017, 10:43 AM
10 chars ya ****

Burney
08-09-2017, 10:47 AM
10 chars ya ****

Of course. He was part of the Wrecking Crew. Only the most fearful, know-nothing cûnt wouldn't know a thing like that.

08-09-2017, 10:58 AM
You lying old ****er b. Like me, you'd never heard of the Wrecking Crew 'til yesterday.

I saw him on TV probably about 30 years ago on something like an Osmonds special where he let rip. Bit depressing if you were an aspiring guitarist and you discovered someone you though of as a C&W hick was orders of magnitude better than you would ever be.

Pat Vegas
08-09-2017, 11:03 AM
10 chars ya ****

what shall I buy Herbert?

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?602289-Sir-C-I-am-in-negotiations-on-a-several-items

Burney
08-09-2017, 11:04 AM
You lying old ****er b. Like me, you'd never heard of the Wrecking Crew 'til yesterday.

I saw him on TV probably about 30 years ago on something like an Osmonds special where he let rip. Bit depressing if you were an aspiring guitarist and you discovered someone you though of as a C&W hick was orders of magnitude better than you would ever be.

Well for a start he was playing a 12-string guitar, while you were titting about with a mere six, so that made him twice as good as you before he even started. FACT.

08-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Quite b. And bassists aren't really musicians because they can only handle 4 strings FACT!

Pat Vegas
08-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Well for a start he was playing a 12-string guitar, while you were titting about with a mere six, so that made him twice as good as you before he even started. FACT.

I've always wanted to try a 12 string but wouldn't use it much.

more strings are not always better though. like those silly 7 string and above guitars that those metal types use.

Burney
08-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Quite b. And bassists aren't really musicians because they can only handle 4 strings FACT!

Oh, bassists are really just drummers with an O-Level. Barely musicians at all.

08-09-2017, 11:15 AM
what shall I buy Herbert?

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?602289-Sir-C-I-am-in-negotiations-on-a-several-items

The '91 Tele Fash. Will hold its value far better than t'others

08-09-2017, 11:16 AM
And drummers are plumbers too lazy to do real work :nod:

08-09-2017, 11:17 AM
I've always wanted to try a 12 string but wouldn't use it much.

more strings are not always better though. like those silly 7 string and above guitars that those metal types use.

You do realise a 12 string is logically really a 6 string ?

Ash
08-09-2017, 11:20 AM

:nono: They not only provide the interface between melody and rhythm, they invariably have to manage the insane and obnoxious egos of the band to glue the whole thing together. And it's not which notes you play and how many strings there are, it's when you play them. Most guitarists are ****ing shít rhythmically.

Also it has been scientifically proven that the bass is the driving pulse of rock music that make people like it. So ner.

08-09-2017, 11:23 AM
:nono: They not only provide the interface between melody and rhythm, they invariably have to manage the insane and obnoxious egos of the band to glue the whole thing together. And it's not which notes you play and how many strings there are, it's when you play them. Most guitarists are ****ing shít rhythmically.

Also it has been scientifically proven that the bass is the driving pulse of rock music that make people like it. So ner.

We both know all of this Ash. I'm just joshing this old Tory who, I suspect, couldn't play a jew's harp or, come to that, the "comb on a piece of paper."

Pat Vegas
08-09-2017, 11:24 AM
You do realise a 12 string is logically really a 6 string ?

Well yes but I wonder how those extra strings feel. I like the chimey tone.

Maybe I'll buy a danelectro one for cheap one day when I have nothing else to do.

Burney
08-09-2017, 11:25 AM

ffs, a! I thought you were never going to bite. :-D

08-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Well yes but I wonder how those extra strings feel. I like the chimey tone.

Maybe I'll buy a danelectro one for cheap one day when I have nothing else to do.

Problem I always had with a 12 string was how all the 6 doubles 'feel' the same and the discernible gap between the strings is, well, far less discernible. Just go and try won Fash. You'll know what I mean.

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2017, 11:32 AM
ffs, a! I thought you were never going to bite. :-D

I was getting quite upset refreshing all the time. He's been far too nice as well

Ash
08-09-2017, 12:41 PM
I was getting quite upset refreshing all the time. He's been far too nice as well

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/carebears/images/3/38/Carebears_510.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20120503204105

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2017, 01:00 PM
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/carebears/images/3/38/Carebears_510.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20120503204105

:) ...............

World's End Stella
08-09-2017, 01:06 PM
And drummers are plumbers too lazy to do real work :nod:

What do you call people who like to hang around with musicians?

Drummers.

Badum tish. :-)

Pat Vegas
08-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Problem I always had with a 12 string was how all the 6 doubles 'feel' the same and the discernible gap between the strings is, well, far less discernible. Just go and try won Fash. You'll know what I mean.

I just saw your PM from last week. have sent you a message.

Peter
08-09-2017, 01:44 PM

There is a reason why bass players don't have an ego......

The interface between melody and rhythm :D

eastgermanautos
08-09-2017, 07:12 PM

Who's best amongst the rock gods, Herb? I mean lead, not bassists. Although bassists too.

1) Clapton
2) Page
3) Hendrix
4) Jeff Beck
5) Eddie Van Halen
6) Steven Van Zandt
7) Chuck Berry
8) Pete Townsend
9) Slash of G&R
10) Dave Navarro
11) Yo momma

eastgermanautos
08-09-2017, 07:13 PM
Who's best amongst the rock gods, Herb? I mean lead, not bassists. Although bassists too.

1) Clapton
2) Page
3) Hendrix
4) Jeff Beck
5) Eddie Van Halen
6) Steven Van Zandt
7) Chuck Berry
8) Pete Townsend
9) Slash of G&R
10) Dave Navarro
11) Yo momma

Slash of GnR. Behold this Unheil: