PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Glen Campbell song?

Sir C
08-09-2017, 06:52 AM
By The Time I Get To Phoenix, clearly.

IUFG
08-09-2017, 07:16 AM

Not my favourite genre of music by a long way. So none, obviously.

I understand he was quite popular amongst the ****-kicking music fraternity.

Burney
08-09-2017, 08:12 AM

Nah. Wichita Lineman. Beautiful, dark and disturbing.

Have they selected you yet?

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Have to go with Berni on this one - was listening to it last night. Wonderful song.

On a alternative note - can you remember the name of that restaurant in Milan that we ate in the day after the match?

Sir C
08-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Have to go with Berni on this one - was listening to it last night. Wonderful song.

On a alternative note - can you remember the name of that restaurant in Milan that we ate in the day after the match?

No, but it was in the Galleria wotsit by the duomo if that helps. The world's most expensive veal Milanese, i seem to recall.

Ash
08-09-2017, 08:33 AM

I don't know yer man's body of work, but I know that one from the Nick Cave cover. Jolly good song, and I'm often adapting it in my mind. "By the time we get to Peterborough, It'll be raining...."

Sir C
08-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Nah. Wichita Lineman. Beautiful, dark and disturbing.

Have they selected you yet?

No, I appear to be in remedial jury school. Everyone else has gone off to do exciting activities while I'm left here playing with the alphabet blocks.

Peter
08-09-2017, 08:37 AM

Galveston (Bay)

Poor man’s Kenny Rogers, if for no other reason than that he doesn’t own his own south east Asian fried chicken franchise

Peter
08-09-2017, 08:38 AM
No, I appear to be in remedial jury school. Everyone else has gone off to do exciting activities while I'm left here playing with the alphabet blocks.

Its because you have that 'hang em high' look about you. Nobody wants you on a jury.

Burney
08-09-2017, 08:44 AM

How long do they keep you hanging around if no-one selects you?

Sir C
08-09-2017, 08:58 AM
How long do they keep you hanging around if no-one selects you?

The initial commitment is 10 working days, so you just keep coming back. The 'selection' is entirely random. Allegedly.

It's rather nice travelling around at odd times. Yesterday I spent a lovely 30 minutes chatting to a visually impaired gentleman and his dog, Judy.

Luis Anaconda
08-09-2017, 09:38 AM
No, but it was in the Galleria wotsit by the duomo if that helps. The world's most expensive veal Milanese, i seem to recall.

Yep - sent a friend in that direction. Fortunately she seemed to find the good Negronis first

Burney
08-09-2017, 09:57 AM
The initial commitment is 10 working days, so you just keep coming back. The 'selection' is entirely random. Allegedly.

It's rather nice travelling around at odd times. Yesterday I spent a lovely 30 minutes chatting to a visually impaired gentleman and his dog, Judy.

You were chatting to his dog?

Viva Prat Vegas
08-09-2017, 10:46 AM

Do they reimburse your bus fares ?