PDA

View Full Version : I'm not really looking forward to this season imo

Pat Vegas
08-02-2017, 10:47 AM
with all this contract *******s going on I think we are in a crap situation no matter how Wenger spins it.

And as for Ozil appears to be staying. Hasn't signed a contract though has he?

Mo Britain less Europe
08-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Unless we inject some ideas into the team we may struggle. There were a couple of players missing but our pre-season has been really poor.

The Rob2
08-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Here we go again. Groundhog day.

Wenger thinks our squad is good enough. Half our fans think Wenger is good enough. So the cycle of failure continues.

Buzzing.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Our squad is almost good enough. But only if we keep Alexis and Ox and add a leelte bit more.

The real failure is in not offloading the lengthening queue of players who are or may be surplus to requirements: Jenkinson, Debuchy, Gibbs, Elneny, Ospina, Walcott, Giroud, Chambers etc.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Here we go again. Groundhog day.

Wenger thinks our squad is good enough. Half our fans think Wenger is good enough. So the cycle of failure continues.

Buzzing.

Just another two years again
Until the next two years

Burney
08-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Our squad is almost good enough. But only if we keep Alexis and Ox and add a leelte bit more.

The real failure is in not offloading the lengthening queue of players who are or may be surplus to requirements: Jenkinson, Debuchy, Gibbs, Elneny, Ospina, Walcott, Giroud, Chambers etc.

So...'Savesomefakkinmoney!', in other words?

This is at least novel, I must say.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Not saving this money is one of the reasons why we can't bring better players in. I didn't say I'd get rid of all those by the way - Giroud is a good last-resort, Chambers deserves a chance. But players who aren't good enough and unhappy - like Lucas Perez and Ospina - should not even be playing pre-season friendlies, hogging places which can be used to blood young players.

Pat Vegas
08-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Unless we inject some ideas into the team we may struggle. There were a couple of players missing but our pre-season has been really poor.

I wish they would just make a decision and sell Sanchez and get on with it.

it's ridiculous. We don't win either way as usual. if he goes we lose a great player. if he stays he'll be moody and sends a strange message to the other players.

I thought the beginning to the transfer window is quite promising. I know the window is open for the rest of the month but it would be nice to start the season for once with the team ready.

Luis Anaconda
08-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Not saving this money is one of the reasons why we can't bring better players in. I didn't say I'd get rid of all those by the way - Giroud is a good last-resort, Chambers deserves a chance. But players who aren't good enough and unhappy - like Lucas Perez and Ospina - should not even be playing pre-season friendlies, hogging places which can be used to blood young players.

Well Lucas hasn't played in any and Ospina has said he is staying :shrug: We blooded plenty of young players in pre-season as it was

The Rob2
08-02-2017, 11:19 AM
I wish they would just make a decision and sell Sanchez and get on with it.

it's ridiculous. We don't win either way as usual. if he goes we lose a great player. if he stays he'll be moody and sends a strange message to the other players.

I thought the beginning to the transfer window is quite promising. I know the window is open for the rest of the month but it would be nice to start the season for once with the team ready.

No one was bothered about Henry being moody were they? He was exactly the same when he didn't receive a pass.

I think we should squeeze another season out of him, he's irreplaceable

Pat Vegas
08-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Well Lucas hasn't played in any and Ospina has said he is staying :shrug: We blooded plenty of young players in pre-season as it was

I like Ospina he will stick around every summer he is linked with a move to Turkey.
he's got a good gig imo.

Pat Vegas
08-02-2017, 11:20 AM
No one was bothered about Henry being moody were they? He was exactly the same when he didn't receive a pass.

I think we should squeeze another season out of him, he's irreplaceable

we need more moody players. also known as winners.

The Rob2
08-02-2017, 11:20 AM

don't forget Wilshere

Ash
08-02-2017, 11:56 AM
we need more moody players. also known as winners.

Yup, Gallas. :nod:

:-|

Rich
08-02-2017, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=The Rob2;4172213]No one was bothered about Henry being moody were they? He was exactly the same when he didn't receive a pass.

Only if he agrees to do one more season on £300k a week so that we can sell him for £40mill next summer. He drags other people down and berates less talented players for making mistakes. At least people like Xhaka and Cech encourage others when mistakes are made.

Ash
08-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Jenkinson, Debuchy, Gibbs, Elneny, Ospina, Walcott, Giroud, Chambers etc.

don't forget Wilshere

I don't see how we can sell practically all of our English players and still hit the homegrown quotas.

Not that I can be bothered to do the adding up, of course. I'm sure there are others who relish that sort of thing.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-02-2017, 12:01 PM

Only if he agrees to do one more season on £300k a week so that we can sell him for £40mill next summer. He drags other people down and berates less talented players for making mistakes. At least people like Xhaka and Cech encourage others when mistakes are made.

:nod:
Next summer when his contract expires

Luis Anaconda
08-02-2017, 12:33 PM
I don't see how we can sell practically all of our English players and still hit the homegrown quotas.

Not that I can be bothered to do the adding up, of course. I'm sure there are others who relish that sort of thing.

Bellerin, Martinez*, Coquelin, Ramsey, Welbeck, Holding, Ox, Iwobi would do it. I doubt we will sell Walcott anyway

*not 100% per cent sure on that one

Ash
08-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Bellerin, Martinez*, Coquelin, Ramsey, Welbeck, Holding, Ox, Iwobi would do it. I doubt we will sell Walcott anyway

*not 100% per cent sure on that one

:thumbup: I assume we will keep one of Ox or Theo.

Rich
08-02-2017, 01:03 PM
:thumbup: I assume we will keep one of Ox or Theo.

If we sell Ox and keep Theo I will be returning my 2017 Membership Pack to the club via recorded delivery.

Pat Vegas
08-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Yup, Gallas. :nod:

:-|

:hehe: He never wanted to come anyway.

I recall one game I went to thinking how weird it was that our line up included Gallas and Silvestre.

Pat Vegas
08-02-2017, 01:05 PM
If we sell Ox and keep Theo I will be returning my 2017 Membership Pack to the club via recorded delivery.

Meh. Ox does all these exciting runs that lead to nothing a few times a game.

Theo has nice new hair.

Rich
08-02-2017, 01:06 PM
:hehe: He never wanted to come anyway.

I recall one game I went to thinking how weird it was that our line up included Gallas and Silvestre.

Never thought I'd see a player worse than Igors Stephanos play for The Arsenal. At least not until I saw Silvestre.

Ash
08-02-2017, 01:09 PM

Isn't it cheaper to just fùck it in the bin?

Ash
08-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Theo has nice new hair.

:nod: I like Theo's new hair. I think it might be his breakout season. Did you see that defensive header he did?

SWv2
08-02-2017, 01:41 PM
:nod: I like Theo's new hair. I think it might be his breakout season. Did you see that defensive header he did?

He will probably get one of those machines that froths his milk if he scores 10 goals.

Burney
08-02-2017, 01:44 PM
He will probably get one of those machines that froths his milk if he scores 10 goals.

Is that a euphemism? :-(

The Rob2
08-02-2017, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=The Rob2;4172213]No one was bothered about Henry being moody were they? He was exactly the same when he didn't receive a pass.

Well that is your view

I think you're talking nonsense

Why shouldn't he demand top dollar to continue playing for a club with no ambition to compete? Playing for an inept manager who blows smoke up the player's arses, rather than sorting any of the obvious deficiencies at the club

He's coming to the end of his career, does he want to go out with a bang at a top club? Or just stay at Arsenal and play with these bunch of nobodies?

If Wenger assembled a proper squad he'd want to stay. But he has too much faith in these losers

IUFG
08-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Never thought I'd see a player worse than Igors Stephanos play for The Arsenal.

Igors Stepanovs : pedant:

He was ****ing clueless, that ****.

Rich
08-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Isn't it cheaper to just fùck it in the bin?

Perhaps it would, but then how would Arsene know of my displeasure? Sometimes one has to make sacrifices for the greater good, A.

redgunamo
08-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Is that a euphemism? :-(

If it isn't, it ought to be, imo.

SWv2
08-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Igors Stepanovs : pedant:

He was ****ing clueless, that ****.

Calm down IUFG. Always remember who you are.