PDA

View Full Version : The problem with opposing Kroenke's hunting thing is that one finds oneself on the

Burney
08-02-2017, 09:46 AM
same side as the most dreadful, dreadful people. Like Jeremy Corbyn. And this cünt. :-(

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/02/trophy-hunting-stan-kroenke-tv-channel-arsenal

Monty92
08-02-2017, 09:56 AM
same side as the most dreadful, dreadful people. Like Jeremy Corbyn. And this cünt. :-(

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/02/trophy-hunting-stan-kroenke-tv-channel-arsenal

You know he's a former Awimber, don't you?

Chas not Jezza.

Luis Anaconda
08-02-2017, 09:58 AM

I did see that Corbyn comment and think of you :) One good point in that is about Ramsey - he does like his animals does young Aaron. I suspect we can put his poor form at the start of the season down this terrible incident

Sir C
08-02-2017, 09:58 AM
I did see that Corbyn comment and think of you :) One good point in that is about Ramsey - he does like his animals does young Aaron. I suspect we can put his poor form at the start of the season down this terrible incident

I expect Aaron to request a transfer. His position is clearly untenable.

Monty92
08-02-2017, 09:59 AM

Boll*cks.

His position is clearly centre mid, with two tucked in behind

Luis Anaconda
08-02-2017, 10:01 AM

:cry: Just after Harry Redknapp picked him to be our star player this season

Arsene's press conference could be interesting this week. Not one to duck questions on a subject if it is allowed to be brought up. And he must be looking forward to talking about something other than Sanchez's ****ing contract

Burney
Boll*cks.

His position is clearly centre mid, with two tucked in behind

Your mum likes two tucked in behind.

Burney
You know he's a former Awimber, don't you?

Chas not Jezza.

Nope. Who was he?

Sir C
08-02-2017, 10:03 AM
:cry: Just after Harry Redknapp picked him to be our star player this season

Arsene's press conference could be interesting this week. Not one to duck questions on a subject if it is allowed to be brought up. And he must be looking forward to talking about something other than Sanchez's ****ing contract

It could be heartbreaking. If Arsene's passion for 'our values' doesn't extend far enough to express his revulsion at Kroenke, he is not the man I hoped he is, and I will be permanently scarred.

Burney

Yes. The issue will simply be the elephant in the room* in any interview with him from here on in.

*Which Stan and his mates will shoot.

Monty92
Nope. Who was he?

I think he used his real name.

Also, didn't he dig you out on Twitter a while back, leading to me coming to your defense?

Burney
08-02-2017, 10:06 AM
I think he used his real name.

Also, didn't he dig you out on Twitter a while back, leading to me coming to your defense?

Oh, yes. That was very sweet of you. You insulted his giant head, I believe. Meant to thank you for that.

SWv2
08-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Yes. The issue will simply be the elephant in the room* in any interview with him from here on in.

*Which Stan and his mates will shoot.

One would expect the entire topic to me put strictly out of bounds by the Arsenal PR machine.

Burney
08-02-2017, 10:13 AM
One would expect the entire topic to me put strictly out of bounds by the Arsenal PR machine.

Not sure that's going to be possible, though. Every reference to being shooting and hitting the target will now be loaded with significance.

SWv2
08-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Not sure that's going to be possible, though. Every reference to being shooting and hitting the target will now be loaded with significance.

Only if you want it to be.

The reality is that the seething anger that is currently flowing over the footballing patrons of N5 will disappear about 16:00 hours on Sunday when football starts again.

People were angry when the Yank took over, indeed many threatened there and then to end all associations with the club, some even on here. Some may have done so and good luck to them, others just moved on and accepted the situation for what it is/was, perhaps harbouring a degree of annoyance.

Burney
08-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Only if you want it to be.

The reality is that the seething anger that is currently flowing over the footballing patrons of N5 will disappear about 16:00 hours on Sunday when football starts again.

People were angry when the Yank took over, indeed many threatened there and then to end all associations with the club, some even on here. Some may have done so and good luck to them, others just moved on and accepted the situation for what it is/was, perhaps harbouring a degree of annoyance.

I must admit I used to like it when we were run by a weird mixture of Old Etonians and local Jewish blokes. Losing that with Kroenke's takeover diminished the club somewhat in my affections. This is the first time that his tenure has really bothered me in any way, though.

Ash
08-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Erm, I think it might be the case that the real seething anger actually starts when the football starts, rather than disappearing.

All the faux rage at Kronke is just displacement activity until the real source of fury recommences.

Sir C
08-02-2017, 10:26 AM
I must admit I used to like it when we were run by a weird mixture of Old Etonians and local Jewish blokes. Losing that with Kroenke's takeover diminished the club somewhat in my affections. This is the first time that his tenure has really bothered me in any way, though.

I was appalled when Dein got involved with the board. What the hell were we doing? The fellow is little better than a barrow-boy :-(

No standards, you see? All gone.

SWv2
08-02-2017, 10:32 AM

Scratch beneath the surface and you could probably find a reason to dislike every club owner in the PL.

I have been totally indifferent to his ownership up to now. I don’t like this development but as stated yesterday it won’t impact me in any way. I believe from various posts by other people here that the alternative ownership is not exactly golden either. I don’t bother myself with all this stuff as probably won’t come as a shock to you.

Anyway this will all pass I expect, people will still be angry but the ongoing circus around Sanchez will be a godsend to SK as we will remain front and centre in the back pages but for reasons other than animals being killed. We will move from one perceived drama to another, and then if we are really lucky 1-2 of our early matches will go títs up and we move to our almost annual football knicker fit def con one.

As a football club we really are tremendous value.

SWv2
08-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Erm, I think it might be the case that the real seething anger actually starts when the football starts, rather than disappearing.

All the faux rage at Kronke is just displacement activity until the real source of fury recommences.

As per my reply to B just above :nod:

Ash
08-02-2017, 10:35 AM
This is the first time that his tenure has really bothered me in any way, though.

I do have a distinct recollection of you threatening to flounce off to 'go and support Palace again' around about the time of the "Don't need his sort" arrival of Mr Staniel.

I could be mistaken, of course.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-02-2017, 10:37 AM
I think the point which is being missed is that regardless of your views on hunting, this is a big opportunity to disentangle the club from Kronke who is a terrible owner in sporting terms. If it takes allying ourselves with Jezza, so be it. It it takes a little bit of hyprocrisy and hand-wringing, so be it.

The Arsenal is too important to be lost forever to this conehead.

Burney
08-02-2017, 10:37 AM
I do have a distinct recollection of you threatening to flounce off to 'go and support Palace again' around about the time of the "Don't need his sort" arrival of Mr Staniel.

I could be mistaken, of course.

Yes. I think to be honest, my interest in Arsenal was already in decline by then anyway and that rather put it in perspective. I'm not sure I've been to a game since he took over.

SWv2
08-02-2017, 10:42 AM
I think the point which is being missed is that regardless of your views on hunting, this is a big opportunity to disentangle the club from Kronke who is a terrible owner in sporting terms. If it takes allying ourselves with Jezza, so be it. It it takes a little bit of hyprocrisy and hand-wringing, so be it.

The Arsenal is too important to be lost forever to this conehead.

Talk me through your plan Maurice. Remember I am an experienced (though lapsed) Project Manager so any flaws will be spotted.

Rich
08-02-2017, 10:51 AM
It could be heartbreaking. If Arsene's passion for 'our values' doesn't extend far enough to express his revulsion at Kroenke, he is not the man I hoped he is, and I will be permanently scarred.

I suspect that he'll tell us that his personal views do not count. He is there to manage the footballing element of the club. The Board run the business side of the club, and never the two shall meet.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Talk me through your plan Maurice. Remember I am an experienced (though lapsed) Project Manager so any flaws will be spotted.

It's not "my" plan. But as I see it if there is a big reaction from the fans - protests at the stadium, angry letters and so forth - some of the sponsors (as has been hinted at by Emirates) might pull the plug on their deals. There may even be a campaign to boycott Arsenal games on tv channels, who knows? Lobbying and picketing outside home games by animal rights and other whackos.

If this hits the bottom line Stanley's interest begins to wane as he sees his "investment" plummeting in value. At that point the rapist white knight nobly offers to take the club off Kronke's hands who walks away with a tidy profit to the happy hunting grounds. End of.

IUFG
08-02-2017, 11:03 AM
As per my reply to B just above :nod:

Let's just get on with it, shall we?

Wenger AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Luis Anaconda
08-02-2017, 11:09 AM
It's not "my" plan. But as I see it if there is a big reaction from the fans - protests at the stadium, angry letters and so forth - some of the sponsors (as has been hinted at by Emirates) might pull the plug on their deals. There may even be a campaign to boycott Arsenal games on tv channels, who knows? Lobbying and picketing outside home games by animal rights and other whackos.

If this hits the bottom line Stanley's interest begins to wane as he sees his "investment" plummeting in value. At that point the rapist white knight nobly offers to take the club off Kronke's hands who walks away with a tidy profit to the happy hunting grounds. End of.

Usmanov is not the only option, m. The club is still an incredibly attractive option and I wouldn't rule out an outside buyer coming in. I am sure Stan would certainly prefer that (or at least competition to push the price up)

Mo Britain less Europe
08-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Usmanov is not the only option, m. The club is still an incredibly attractive option and I wouldn't rule out an outside buyer coming in. I am sure Stan would certainly prefer that (or at least competition to push the price up)

I'm less bothered by who comes in than by getting him out. He looks alarmingly like settling down, toad-like, over our club which could mean his dynasty is still there when we are all pushing up the daisies. He's had an easy ride, that's why this may be a unique opportunity.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-02-2017, 11:15 AM

I like your hopeful open mindedness

SWv2
08-02-2017, 11:55 AM

Sorry Mo. :hehe:

Ash
08-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Sorry Mo. :hehe:

Dear Mr Kronke,

I am well vex by this hunting Lions caper.

Please desist or ELSE!

Signed, your obedient servant, sir,

Angry of Bloomsbury.