PDA

View Full Version : Which dirty fúcker recommended I go and see Dunkirk then?

Sir C
08-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Why would I want to watch racist trash?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/01/indian-african-dunkirk-history-whitewash-attitudes

IUFG
08-01-2017, 10:03 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/01/indian-african-dunkirk-history-whitewash-attitudes

"a Brexiteer fantasy"

wow!

Burney
08-01-2017, 10:03 AM

It really is quite extraordinary the lengths to which people are prepared to go to find offence, isn't it? There were a tiny number or Indian troops at Dunkirk, most of whom weren't in the locations featured in the movie, but they ought to have been represented because...reasons.

One starts to suspect that the idea of historical events that overwhelmingly involved white males is inherently offensive to these people.

Sir C
08-01-2017, 10:06 AM
It really is quite extraordinary the lengths to which people are prepared to go to find offence, isn't it? There were a tiny number or Indian troops at Dunkirk, most of whom weren't in the locations featured in the movie, but they ought to have been represented because...reasons.

One starts to suspect that the idea of historical events that overwhelmingly involved white males is inherently offensive to these people.

There is also the suspicion that the left instinctively objects to representations of historical events in which Great Britain was ultimately successful. The degree of self-hatred amongst these people is just remarkable.

Burney
08-01-2017, 10:13 AM
There is also the suspicion that the left instinctively objects to representations of historical events in which Great Britain was ultimately successful. The degree of self-hatred amongst these people is just remarkable.

Well yes. There are in fact bits in the film where one's in serious danger of feeling patriotic. This must be horrific for lefties, who would probably have preferred it if Dunkirk had seen our entire army slaughtered.

Viva Prat Vegas
08-01-2017, 10:20 AM

Written by Sunny Singh
Sunny Singh !
Sunny Singh can get to ****

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
08-01-2017, 10:35 AM
But was the filum actually any good? I think every review I have read has suggested it's tosh.

redgunamo
08-01-2017, 10:47 AM
But was the filum actually any good? I think every review I have read has suggested it's tosh.

Like his hero, Michael Mann, Chris Nolan is something of an acquired taste.

Sir C
08-01-2017, 10:48 AM

Mark liked it. That's good enough for me.

I didn't know they had film reviews in the Daily Star, h. Did you get someone to read it to you?

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
08-01-2017, 11:00 AM
I'd be amazed if you'd managed to remain conscious for the duration of a film you bóllocks ugly old gin sponge.

Sir C
08-01-2017, 11:03 AM
I'd be amazed if you'd managed to remain conscious for the duration of a film you bóllocks ugly old gin sponge.

I very rarely drink gin, tbh. I find gin and tonic a little feminine for my tastes.

A dry martini or a gibson is a joy from time to time, of course, but one finds oneself falling over after 3 or 4, so what's the point?

SWv2
08-01-2017, 11:57 AM
I very rarely drink gin, tbh. I find gin and tonic a little feminine for my tastes.

A dry martini or a gibson is a joy from time to time, of course, but one finds oneself falling over after 3 or 4, so what's the point?

My Mrs has gone clean mad for the Gin, it appears to be having quite the renaissance in respect of being a drink of choice.

We were in the Off Licence on Saturday and she turned up at the counter with a €49 bottle of Gunpowder. All botanicals this and that, slices of pink grapefruit and fresh rosemary from the garden.

Naturally I stick to beer and wine.

Sir C
08-01-2017, 12:02 PM
My Mrs has gone clean mad for the Gin, it appears to be having quite the renaissance in respect of being a drink of choice.

We were in the Off Licence on Saturday and she turned up at the counter with a €49 bottle of Gunpowder. All botanicals this and that, slices of pink grapefruit and fresh rosemary from the garden.

Naturally I stick to beer and wine.

Ah, the ol' mother's ruin. Gin has a depressing effect sw. Your risk is that one night she will get leathered and find the courage to gain revenge for all the Guinness-fuelled beatings meted out over the years. Remember that she is Welsh and therefore not genetically programmed to meekly accept drunken thuggery and wardrobe urination. :-(

In short, she's going to stab you.