PSRB
07-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Jonathan Palmer, worst F1 driver ever?

Also, has absolutely no charisma

7sisters
07-28-2017, 01:18 PM

TBF, They're all about as charismatic as the top male tennis players...F1 is choc full of them. Hill, Mansell, Stewart, Hamilton, Senna, all as dull as ditch water.

Pokster
07-28-2017, 01:20 PM
TBF, They're all about as charismatic as the top male tennis players...F1 is choc full of them. Hill, Mansell, Stewart, Hamilton, Senna, all as dull as ditch water.

I agree, that James hunt bloke was as boring as anything :rolleyes:

Nothing like a generalisation

Ash
07-28-2017, 01:21 PM

Oh dear, what's he done now? I'm just hoping they can get him out of the car as soon as possible to put an end to the fortnightly embarrassment all round.

PSRB
07-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Oh dear, what's he done now? I'm just hoping they can get him out of the car as soon as possible to put an end to the fortnightly embarrassment all round.

Stuck it in the barriers and caused the session to be red flagged.

7sisters
07-28-2017, 01:23 PM
I agree, that James hunt bloke was as boring as anything :rolleyes:

Nothing like a generalisation

Sports folk really innit.. A few beacons of hope out there but mostly they have the personality of shower curtain rings.

Ash
07-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Stuck it in the barriers and caused the session to be red flagged.

tbf it's probably difficult to be charismatic when being asked how you managed to completely bin it. Again.

Get Kubica in that seat if he's fit enough.

Ash
07-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Sports folk really innit.. A few beacons of hope out there but mostly they have the personality of shower curtain rings.

How would you rate yourself on the charisma and personality charts, out of interest, 7s?

7sisters
07-28-2017, 01:29 PM
How would you rate yourself on the charisma and personality charts, out of interest, 7s?

Not really for me to say A. I guess conversely there are those who appear rather measured and engaging by the written word with a ready wit but may also be rather dull in the flesh.

Luis Anaconda
07-28-2017, 01:32 PM

How many have met in real life? You do realise there is a difference between what a person might be like in front of a camera and how they are away from it. For instance, I've seen you constantly slate Murray for being dour, but having met him a couple of times and having friends who know him well, he actually has quite a funny dry sense of humour and is very nice bloke

redgunamo
07-28-2017, 01:39 PM
How many have met in real life? You do realise there is a difference between what a person might be like in front of a camera and how they are away from it. For instance, I've seen you constantly slate Murray for being dour, but having met him a couple of times and having friends who know him well, he actually has quite a funny dry sense of humour and is very nice bloke

Isn't this real life? Is this just fantasy :-(

Pokster
07-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Isn't this real life? Is this just fantasy :-(

Now stop it, we did all the shy jokes recently.. you can't now start sticking in Queen songs

Ash
07-28-2017, 01:53 PM

When did you meet him?

7sisters
07-28-2017, 01:55 PM

Why of course. Things are often not what they appear, however, this site is littered with disparaging statements aimed at individuals we know very little about. Piss taking rarely holds up to close scrutiny.

Luis Anaconda
07-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Now stop it, we did all the shy jokes recently.. you can't now start sticking in Queen songs

He wants it all

PSRB
07-28-2017, 02:00 PM

but it's a kind of magic, no?

Luis Anaconda
07-28-2017, 02:02 PM
When did you meet him?

A couple of times back on my sports desks days - gatecrashed tennis functions. Only really briefly but since when has that stopped awimb namedropping :)

Luis Anaconda
07-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Why of course. Things are often not what they appear, however, this site is littered with disparaging statements aimed at individuals we know very little about. Piss taking rarely holds up to close scrutiny.

:thumbup: Hence why I greatly exaggerated a couple of five minute conversations to emphasise a point :) (bit about friends knowing him is true.

My favourite sports star to meet was Barry Sheen - he was a great guy and very funny

barrybueno
07-28-2017, 09:05 PM

Senna? Get to **** dude!