PDA

View Full Version : Boots Tuna & Mayo sandwich.

Ash
07-26-2017, 01:48 PM
One pound. :cloud9: :eat:

Sir C
07-26-2017, 01:49 PM

It's not a whole plate of bacon and two fried slices, is it?

Burney
07-26-2017, 01:50 PM

I compromised and had two sausage rolls in the end.

Sir C
07-26-2017, 01:56 PM
I compromised and had two sausage rolls in the end.

The extruded pink mysterygoomeat? :cloud9:

Ash
07-26-2017, 01:57 PM

Not quite, no. I did have two slices of decent bacon and two fried eggs for a midnight snack last night though.

Burney
07-26-2017, 01:58 PM
The extruded pink mysterygoomeat? :cloud9:

Yes. Awfully good. Although one of them was actually hot rather than being properly tepid, which reduced my enjoyment somewhat.

Sir C
07-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Not quite, no. I did have two slices of decent bacon and two fried eggs for a midnight snack last night though.

Pissed, one assumes?

Ash
07-26-2017, 02:42 PM
Pissed, one assumes?

I may have mentioned it was midnight. Unlikely to be sober at that time tbf.

Pat Vegas
07-26-2017, 02:44 PM

Many years ago they did an all day breakfast sandwich with baked bean bread I think.

Though I find boots a very depressing shop.
Luke warm bottles of coke and small bags of crisps. 'MEAL DEAL' get ****ed

Burney
07-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Many years ago they did an all day breakfast sandwich with baked bean bread I think.

Though I find boots a very depressing shop.
Luke warm bottles of coke and small bags of crisps. 'MEAL DEAL' get ****ed

I passed by one of those breakfast in a can things in Tesco the other day. I marvelled at the fact that human beings actually eat this crap.

Ash
07-26-2017, 03:00 PM
I passed by one of those breakfast in a can things in Tesco the other day. I marvelled at the fact that human beings actually eat this crap.

The only thing that stopped me having a go at one of those was the presence of mushrooms. For research purposes, of course. It can't possibly have been as gross as a small chicken in a can, after all.

Burney
07-26-2017, 03:01 PM
The only thing that stopped me having a go at one of those was the presence of mushrooms. For research purposes, of course. It can't possibly have been as gross as a small chicken in a can, after all.

No. The chicken in a can is the stuff of nightmares. The look and sound are bad enough, but can you imagine the smell? :puke:

I didn't know you were a fungophobe, a? What has the humble mushroom ever done to hurt you?

Ash
07-26-2017, 03:59 PM
No. The chicken in a can is the stuff of nightmares. The look and sound are bad enough, but can you imagine the smell? :puke:

I didn't know you were a fungophobe, a? What has the humble mushroom ever done to hurt you?

I had to swallow my own vomit while being force-fed mushrooms aged eight so as not to Mr Creosote it all over the table, which probably would have meant certain death. As you have observed before, I basically grew up in a Dickens novel. :-(

SWv2
07-26-2017, 04:04 PM
I had to swallow my own vomit while being force-fed mushrooms aged eight so as not to Mr Creosote it all over the table, which probably would have meant certain death. As you have observed before, I basically grew up in a Dickens novel. :-(

Jesus A.

What about magic mushrooms, surely you tore into them as a youth?

Ash
07-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Jesus A.

What about magic mushrooms, surely you tore into them as a youth?

Bit of a challenge that. Tried the drinks, the stews, and just necking them. If I could hold them down it was usually worth it. Quite giggly, ISTR, and less chance of something a bit fùcking terrifying happening as per acid.

SWv2
07-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Bit of a challenge that. Tried the drinks, the stews, and just necking them. If I could hold them down it was usually worth it. Quite giggly, ISTR, and less chance of something a bit fùcking terrifying happening as per acid.

Indeed, generally a much more pleasant all round experience.

I did that free Jean Michel Jarre thing in the Docklands walloped on said fungus, late 80s I guess, spent a while wandering utterly lost around an area I discovered to be Plaistow.

On other days we would get a bus from Turnpike Lane and spend a few hours quite lost in Trent Park.

Luis Anaconda
07-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Indeed, generally a much more pleasant all round experience.

I did that free Jean Michel Jarre thing in the Docklands walloped on said fungus, late 80s I guess, spent a while wandering utterly lost around an area I discovered to be Plaistow.

On other days we would get a bus from Turnpike Lane and spend a few hours quite lost in Trent Park.

Leon Goretzka to Bayern next summer. Done deal :(

World's End Stella
07-26-2017, 05:36 PM

Do you know who makes the world's best tuna mayo sandwich, Ash? Me, that's who. :-)

One tin tuna in oil
3 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
1 tbsp finely chopped capers
1 tbsp finely chopped dill pickles
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
S&P

Oh yes :eat:

Burney
07-26-2017, 07:46 PM

Oh, a! :-( :hug:

SWv2
07-27-2017, 09:46 AM
Leon Goretzka to Bayern next summer. Done deal :(

Yes saw that last night.

Bavarian *******s. Them and you.

Sir C
07-27-2017, 09:48 AM
Yes saw that last night.

Bavarian *******s. Them and you.

Full of rage this morning, sw. What ails thee?

It's a hangover, isn't it.

SWv2
07-27-2017, 10:13 AM
Full of rage this morning, sw. What ails thee?

It's a hangover, isn't it.

You are wrong, again.

I am in fine fettle this morning. In fact people have commented on my cheerful disposition, complete strangers in the street etc.

Luis Anaconda
07-27-2017, 10:15 AM
You are wrong, again.

I am in fine fettle this morning. In fact people have commented on my cheerful disposition, complete strangers in the street etc.

Still drunk then?

Sir C
07-27-2017, 10:22 AM
You are wrong, again.

Hmm. A little too much protesting, methinks.

Pressures of work? Trouble at home? Finding it more and more difficult to satisfy Mrs W in the conjugal areas as the years take their toll? You can tell us, sw.

SWv2
07-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Hmm. A little too much protesting, methinks.

Pressures of work? Trouble at home? Finding it more and more difficult to satisfy Mrs W in the conjugal areas as the years take their toll? You can tell us, sw.

I was 50 last week.

:-|

Pokster
07-27-2017, 11:11 AM
I was 50 last week.

Welcome to the club, some of us are still active and looking good.. then there is Sir C who is basically waiting for the grim reaper to take him

Sir C
07-27-2017, 11:14 AM
I was 50 last week.

Ah. No wonder you've got a splinter in your urethra.

Age is just a number, sw. It doesn't mean anything. Except that you're old and fúcked :-(

SWv2
07-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Ah. No wonder you've got a splinter in your urethra.

Age is just a number, sw. It doesn't mean anything. Except that you're old and fúcked :-(

You may be, in fact you are. I am not.

The past week has simply been a queue of people expressing their surprise that I am at this great age. There has been occasions when in the company of the female I have been fortunate to have my big ****ty stick with me.

Tomorrow I visit the hospital for repeat blood tests. Repeat because when I went for the initial tests a few months ago it was put to me that my liver tests suggested I have a drink problem – which quite clearly I don’t and in no uncertain manner put the doctor straight on this issue.

It’s all shít.

:-(

Sir C
07-27-2017, 12:29 PM
You may be, in fact you are. I am not.

The past week has simply been a queue of people expressing their surprise that I am at this great age. There has been occasions when in the company of the female I have been fortunate to have my big ****ty stick with me.

Tomorrow I visit the hospital for repeat blood tests. Repeat because when I went for the initial tests a few months ago it was put to me that my liver tests suggested I have a drink problem – which quite clearly I don’t and in no uncertain manner put the doctor straight on this issue.

It’s all shít.

:-(

My word, sw. I suppose you can take heart in the fact that doctors in Ireland can't be very experienced at identifying alcohol-related health issues.

Oh. :-(

I'm sure all will be well once you have foresworn the demon drink.