PDA

View Full Version : I went to a nice pub on Saturday in Hertfordshire

Pat Vegas
07-24-2017, 09:06 AM
Lovely what a different world.

People are friendly, the pub had a car park, people said sorry if they bump into you.

Burney
07-24-2017, 09:07 AM

People are friendly, the pub had a car park, people said sorry if they bump into you.

Whereabouts were you?

Sir C
07-24-2017, 09:09 AM

Do you live in Beirut or something?

Rich
07-24-2017, 09:17 AM

I hate to be obtuse but this sounds very much like the vast majority of pubs in the country. Well, probably not the north. But certainly in Surrey/Hampshire.

Pat Vegas
07-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Whereabouts were you?

Bengeo, 10 characters

Luis Anaconda
07-24-2017, 09:23 AM
Bengeo, 10 characters

You can't just make up place names, p

Pat Vegas
07-24-2017, 09:24 AM

:hehe: It is quite strange.

Burney
07-24-2017, 09:26 AM
Bengeo, 10 characters

Just outside Hertford? You were hardly any distance from me.

Pat Vegas
07-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Just outside Hertford? You were hardly any distance from me.

:nod: just above Hertford. I liked the country roads there too nobody about :cloud9:

Pokster
07-24-2017, 09:38 AM
I hate to be obtuse but this sounds very much like the vast majority of pubs in the country. Well, probably not the north. But certainly in Surrey/Hampshire.

Oh do **** off you pompous ****..... cince you haven't ever lived up here you know **** all about it.... looking at your posts you seem to know **** all about a lot of things, so at least you are consistent. Pubs in the North are far friendlier than practically any pub I used to frequent in London

Pokster
07-24-2017, 09:39 AM

I thought that was a Renault car

Luis Anaconda
07-24-2017, 09:44 AM
I thought that was a Renault car
Bloody French carmakers coming over here naming our villages. Just south of Va Va Voom isn't it?

Ash
07-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Oh do **** off you pompous ****..... cince you haven't ever lived up here you know **** all about it.... looking at your posts you seem to know **** all about a lot of things, so at least you are consistent. Pubs in the North are far friendlier than practically any pub I used to frequent in London

:hehe: You have been Ricardoed. :fishing:

Pokster
07-24-2017, 10:10 AM
:hehe: You have been Ricardoed. :fishing:

He doesn't have the skill to try to fish... he's just a tosser imo

Sir C
07-24-2017, 10:12 AM
He doesn't have the skill to try to fish... he's just a tosser imo

Your classic northern warmth and friendliness shining through as usual, I see.

Pokster
07-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Your classic northern warmth and friendliness shining through as usual, I see.

You'd struggle to meet a kinder more helpful person than me... just can't stand fools like him...... 1 week until i go further North to visit Castle's galore and some of the best beaches in the country

Sir C
07-24-2017, 10:16 AM
You'd struggle to meet a kinder more helpful person than me... just can't stand fools like him...... 1 week until i go further North to visit Castle's galore and some of the best beaches in the country

Northumberland, is it?

I'm oop norf on a recce misison in September to find my retirement spot. Might have a peek at Northumberland.

Pokster
07-24-2017, 10:18 AM
Northumberland, is it?

I'm oop norf on a recce misison in September to find my retirement spot. Might have a peek at Northumberland.

It is, more Castle's than any other county..... just expect it to be cold and wet, anything better is a bonus.

Cheaper housing than the lakes

Viva Prat Vegas
07-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Northumberland, is it?

Will it still be there in 2043 ?
And more importantly will you ?

Live long and prosper

Sir C
07-24-2017, 10:19 AM
It is, more Castle's than any other county..... just expect it to be cold and wet, anything better is a bonus.

Cheaper housing than the lakes

What about mountains, though? I need a mountain or two, or at least a steep hill.