PDA

View Full Version : the famous musicans killing themselves later on in life

Pat Vegas
07-21-2017, 08:03 AM
I might have to change my plans.

IUFG
07-21-2017, 08:14 AM

scuppering all those future reunion gigs too.

I'm not sure I've ever forgiven Joe Strummer for turning up his toes... :cry:

Burney
07-21-2017, 08:39 AM

It's quite annoying when you hear that an 'old' rock star's killed himself, only to realise a/ he was younger than you and b/you've literally never heard of him and have never knowingly heard one of his songs.

IUFG
07-21-2017, 08:47 AM
It's quite annoying when you hear that an 'old' rock star's killed himself, only to realise a/ he was younger than you and b/you've literally never heard of him and have never knowingly heard one of his songs.

whilst I have head of the band, Linkin Park, I too have no idea of any of their songs or band members.

Pat Vegas
07-21-2017, 08:49 AM
whilst I have head of the band, Linkin Park, I too have no idea of any of their songs or band members.

I ignore that whole time in music, along with the likes of Limp Bizkit, Korn, Papa Roach, those other fellas.

Burney
07-21-2017, 09:07 AM
I ignore that whole time in music, along with the likes of Limp Bizkit, Korn, Papa Roach, those other fellas.

Yes. I just remember it as a lot of baggy-trousered white boys shouting

Pat Vegas
07-21-2017, 09:13 AM
Yes. I just remember it as a lot of baggy-trousered white boys shouting

:nod: I wasn't a fan of those years at all.

On the pop side it was Britney Spears, N Sync, then Eminem on the rap side and a bunch of one hit wonders like Sugar Ray and Fastball.

Even the music videos when you look back are poor quality. It's weird there is a whole period in television late 90's early/mid 2000 s where the picture quality is worse than it was in the 80s.

Burney
07-21-2017, 09:18 AM
:nod: I wasn't a fan of those years at all.

On the pop side it was Britney Spears, N Sync, then Eminem on the rap side and a bunch of one hit wonders like Sugar Ray and Fastball.

Even the music videos when you look back are poor quality. It's weird there is a whole period in television late 90's early/mid 2000 s where the picture quality is worse than it was in the 80s.

Fortunately, I stopped having to care about pop music in about 1997. I don't think I missed much.

redgunamo
07-21-2017, 10:24 AM

Legendary, imo. If only for this

http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/miami-vice-4.jpg