PDA

View Full Version : I always knew Londoners got ripped off. But I was looking at some train tickets

Pat Vegas
07-19-2017, 11:32 AM
recently.

You can buy an advance rail ticket for 07:15 travelling from Liverpool to London tomorrow morning for £7.50

But if you wanted to travel from Reading to London it would cost you £23.60

Yeah but you earn more in London etc....................

Pokster
07-19-2017, 11:36 AM
recently.

You can buy an advance rail ticket for 07:15 travelling from Liverpool to London tomorrow morning for £7.50

But if you wanted to travel from Reading to London it would cost you £23.60

Yeah but you earn more in London etc....................

Or more people will travel from Reading to London than Liverpool to London, so supply and demand means they will charge more :shrug:

Pat Vegas
07-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Or more people will travel from Reading to London than Liverpool to London, so supply and demand means they will charge more :shrug:

In my opinion that should be the opposite.
the train runs regardless if the train is packed full of people you are making more money than if it's empty.

Burney
07-19-2017, 11:40 AM
the train runs regardless if the train is packed full of people you are making more money than if it's empty.

Communist. :-(

Pokster
07-19-2017, 11:41 AM

so airlines should do the same then???

redgunamo
07-19-2017, 11:41 AM

On the other hand, if I lived in Liverpool, I'd be pretty desperate to get out of there so you could charge me more too do so than you could if I lived in Reading.

Pat Vegas
07-19-2017, 11:43 AM
so airlines should do the same then???

Airlines different.
Plus if you book early you can get a better deal.

Pokster
07-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Airlines different.
Plus if you book early you can get a better deal.

Same with trains... and if a couple of days before a train has loads of seets they will sell them cheaper... makes sense to me

Pokster
07-19-2017, 11:57 AM
On the other hand, if I lived in Liverpool, I'd be pretty desperate to get out of there so you could charge me more too do so than you could if I lived in Reading.

Ahh, but you wouldn't have any money to buy a ticket

redgunamo
07-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Ahh, but you wouldn't have any money to buy a ticket

True. Robbing bástards.

Pat Vegas
07-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Same with trains... and if a couple of days before a train has loads of seets they will sell them cheaper... makes sense to me

Yes but not on certain routes where they know they are busy.
For instance the Reading to London Great western has no advance fares it's always the same.