PDA

View Full Version : Dinner.

Sir C
07-18-2017, 03:50 PM
I tell you what Clive, I'm toying with sausage, egg and chips. Bread and butter on the side. Maybe a few peas.

Burney
07-18-2017, 03:52 PM
I tell you what Clive, I'm toying with sausage, egg and chips. Bread and butter on the side. Maybe a few peas.

Wife out then, I assume?

I may fry some chicken.

Ash
07-18-2017, 03:54 PM

Fùck Yeah!!!!

Sir C
07-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Wife out then, I assume?

I may fry some chicken.

Fishmonger's been. Poached salmon it is.

Sossidges tomorrow.

Rich
07-18-2017, 04:06 PM

Chicken breast. Steamed greens :-(

Sir C
07-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Chicken breast. Steamed greens :-(

You're a fat ****?

Pokster
07-19-2017, 07:00 AM

Your mum is toying with my sausage

Monty92
07-19-2017, 07:38 AM
dessert at The Ned (former Midland Bank) and a cocktail at the rooftop bar with the thunder and lightening overhead.

Sir C
07-19-2017, 07:43 AM
dessert at The Ned (former Midland Bank) and a cocktail at the rooftop bar with the thunder and lightening overhead.

Happy birthday m. How old are you now?

Rich
07-19-2017, 08:18 AM
You're a fat ****?

Got to get my beach bod sorted for my holidays, Sir C.

Monty92
07-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Happy birthday m. How old are you now?

I am 37 and 1 day.

Pat Vegas
07-19-2017, 08:29 AM
I am 37 and 1 day.

You are a boxer?

Sir C
07-19-2017, 08:41 AM
I am 37 and 1 day.

That's funny. When I was that age you used to mock me and call me a piss-stained old ****. :-(

Rich
07-19-2017, 08:43 AM
That's funny. When I was that age you used to mock me and call me a piss-stained old ****. :-(

How old are you now, Sir C? Is it nearly all over?

Sir C
07-19-2017, 08:48 AM
How old are you now, Sir C? Is it nearly all over?

52. Very, very nearly dead.

Burney
07-19-2017, 09:07 AM
I am 37 and 1 day.

Ah, yes. Happy belated birthday.

I find the idea of you being 37 very odd indeed, I must say.

Pokster
07-19-2017, 09:13 AM

You mean he acts like a 12 yr old???? Or he is wise beyond his years?

Burney
07-19-2017, 09:18 AM
You mean he acts like a 12 yr old???? Or he is wise beyond his years?

No. I suppose I just always think of him as the callow youth I first encountered on here all those years ago. When you never meet someone and only communicate with them remotely, they don't really age in one's mind's eye, do they?

Sir C
07-19-2017, 09:20 AM
No. I suppose I just always think of him as the callow youth I first encountered on here all those years ago. When you never meet someone and only communicate with them remotely, they don't really age in one's mind's eye, do they?

There's still a tiny part of me that will forever think less of myself that I didn't lamp him one when it was appropriate. :sigh:

Burney
07-19-2017, 09:24 AM
There's still a tiny part of me that will forever think less of myself that I didn't lamp him one when it was appropriate. :sigh:

Would it have made anything better really, though? Look how you've both moved on to giving one another friendly dining tips. So much better than the unpleasant memories fisticuffs would have engendered.

Besides, striking people in public houses is surely beneath your dignity?

Sir C
07-19-2017, 09:28 AM
Would it have made anything better really, though? Look how you've both moved on to giving one another friendly dining tips. So much better than the unpleasant memories fisticuffs would have engendered.

Good Lord, one would never have engaged in such activities within the confines of a public house! It is customary in these instances to proffer the invitation, 'Aaaahtside, nah!'

I suppose I had just reached the age where my old mantra of 'standing up for right, whatever the consequences' had become dulled by maturity.

I became, in short, half a man, and half a man I remain. :-( (Probably a quarter now.)

Burney
07-19-2017, 09:30 AM
Good Lord, one would never have engaged in such activities within the confines of a public house! It is customary in these instances to proffer the invitation, 'Aaaahtside, nah!'

I suppose I had just reached the age where my old mantra of 'staning up for right, whatever the consequences' had become dulled by maturity.

I became, in short, half a man, and half a man I remain. :-( (Probably a quarter now.)

The adult world is a complex place in which hitting people - far from sorting things out - simply leads to more grief, hassle and paperwork.

Sir C
07-19-2017, 09:32 AM
The adult world is a complex place in which hitting people - far from sorting things out - simply leads to more grief, hassle and paperwork.

Yes, sadly I appreciate that.

Of course, were Argentina once more to invade the Falklands, should be concern ourselves with hassle and paperwork, or get fired in?

One is either committed to Right, or one is not. We must simply come to terms with the fact that we are weak, cowardly individuals.

Burney
07-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Yes, sadly I appreciate that.

Of course, were Argentina once more to invade the Falklands, should be concern ourselves with hassle and paperwork, or get fired in?

One is either committed to Right, or one is not. We must simply come to terms with the fact that we are weak, cowardly individuals.

Is it not a case simply of picking one's battles?

Sir C
07-19-2017, 09:35 AM
Is it not a case simply of picking one's battles?

I suppose so. I just don't seem to have picked a battle for 15 years :-(

Wait, there was a minor one about 10 years ago, and then that unfortunate incident at the station a couple of years ago :hehe: :stillgotit:

Burney
07-19-2017, 09:39 AM
I suppose so. I just don't seem to have picked a battle for 15 years :-(

Wait, there was a minor one about 10 years ago, and then that unfortunate incident at the station a couple of years ago :hehe: :stillgotit:

I think I last struck a chap about 10 years ago, too. Not a very clever move and I was very lucky to get away with it.

The closest I've been since then were a couple of incidents of argy-bargy with g's ex that didn't develop into anything. With hindsight, I can sympathise with him, since I was at the time living in his house and shagging his (then still) wife, which I can see must have been irksome. Didn't seem that way at the time, of course.

Monty92
07-19-2017, 09:47 AM

Thank you - and yes, you've said this before.

If it helps to still imagine me as a nubile teenager then feel free to suspend your disbelief.

Pokster
07-19-2017, 09:49 AM

What about squashing beer pots on a sweaty Canadians head?

Burney
07-19-2017, 09:50 AM

Oh, that's fine. To be encouraged, in fact.

Sir C
07-19-2017, 09:53 AM

Using a plastic pot was a bit of a wimp out, to be honest.

Burney
07-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Using a plastic pot was a bit of a wimp out, to be honest.

Yes, but if p had simply glassed WES, it would have led to an awkward atmosphere, tbh.

Pokster
07-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Yes, but if p had simply glassed WES, it would have led to an awkward atmosphere, tbh.

But we would be laughing now.... well, I might still be in prison, but looking at the ****e WES posts, it would have been worth it

World's End Stella
07-19-2017, 10:59 AM

It would have led to Pokster being beaten to a pulp, I can assure you. :nod:

And combined with my abuse of that traitorous, wife beating c*not Boycott, would have finished off my day quite nicely. :-)

redgunamo
07-19-2017, 11:17 AM
I am 37 and 1 day.

Many happy returns, M.

Pokster
07-19-2017, 11:20 AM
It would have led to Pokster being beaten to a pulp, I can assure you. :nod:

And combined with my abuse of that traitorous, wife beating c*not Boycott, would have finished off my day quite nicely. :-)

in your sweaty dreams