PDA

View Full Version : Talking of students, it seems rather a lot of them voted twice for Labour.

Burney
07-18-2017, 09:16 AM
So, not content with trying to place this country's future in the hands of a bunch of communists, the youth also seem happy to reduce our level of electoral integrity to that of a banana republic.

These people cannot be trusted with the vote - raise the voting age to 30.

IUFG
07-18-2017, 09:25 AM
So, not content with trying to place this country's future in the hands of a bunch of communists, the youth also seem happy to reduce our level of electoral integrity to that of a banana republic.

this claim should be fully investigated, imo.

and anyone found voting twice should have their gender ripped into small pieces, liquidised and discharged into the oceans. that'll learn 'em.

Sir C
07-18-2017, 09:27 AM

Adults who choose to remain at school.

Two years in the army would sort them out.

Tony C
07-18-2017, 09:28 AM
Labour MP Cat Smith, shadow minister for voter engagement and youth affairs, urged the government to be cautious when introducing any measures that could hinder voting.

:clap:

Tony C
07-18-2017, 09:29 AM
too late for a stewards inquiry though...already lost on Betfair with this election.

Kind of glad tbh first vote I've done bad in and it was a stitch up

Burney
07-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Labour MP Cat Smith, shadow minister for voter engagement and youth affairs, urged the government to be cautious when introducing any measures that could hinder voting.

:clap:

This would be the same Labour that vehemently opposes the restriction of postal voting because of its abuse by largely pro-Labour constituencies with high south Asian populations. I wonder if there's a theme? :shrug:

Labour - the party of electoral fraud.

Peter
07-18-2017, 10:09 AM
This would be the same Labour that vehemently opposes the restriction of postal voting because of its abuse by largely pro-Labour constituencies with high south Asian populations. I wonder if there's a theme? :shrug:

Labour - the party of electoral fraud.

The party of unsubstantiated allegations of electoral fraud.

What of Conservative Party electoral expenses?

Peter
07-18-2017, 10:10 AM

The educated deserve two votes. They know twice as much as the morons.

Ash
07-18-2017, 12:17 PM
The educated deserve two votes. They know twice as much as the morons.

This is the sort of thing that the opponents of the Chartists used to say in the the 'good old days' of the 19th century when only educated men of property were allowed to vote, because the working class were considered to be ignorant scum.

And knowing twice as much about what, btw? Media studies? Or how to get by on a low income and a life of low opportunity.

With Toniblairites, who needs Tories, eh?

Disclaimer: Peter, I don't for a moment believe you actually meant that.

Ash
07-18-2017, 12:20 PM

This reminds me of when Jorge demanded that no-one over the age of about 50 should be allowed to vote, because there was more chance that they might disagree with him.

Sir C
07-18-2017, 12:25 PM
This is the sort of thing that the opponents of the Chartists used to say in the the 'good old days' of the 19th century when only educated men of property were allowed to vote, because the working class were considered to be ignorant scum.

And knowing twice as much about what, btw? Media studies? Or how to get by on a low income and a life of low opportunity.

His mistake was suggesting 'education' ( :hehe: ) as a sensible way of choosing who gets to vote.

Thousands of students voted for Corbyn, some several times. This shows us the effect of 'education' on vulnerable young minds.

Voting, as any fule no, was invented by God in order that gentlemen of property might choose who amongst them should make laws to govern the common herd.

The democratisation of democracy was a crass error.

Peter
07-18-2017, 12:26 PM

Oh I meant it. I just meant it as a joke.

Of course, I don't think anybody should be allowed to vote. Its expensive and a waste of time.

Peter
07-18-2017, 12:29 PM
His mistake was suggesting 'education' ( :hehe: ) as a sensible way of choosing who gets to vote.

Thousands of students voted for Corbyn, some several times. This shows us the effect of 'education' on vulnerable young minds.

Voting, as any fule no, was invented by God in order that gentlemen of property might choose who amongst them should make laws to govern the common herd.

The democratisation of democracy was a crass error.

I failed the citizenship test ;)

Sir C
07-18-2017, 12:30 PM

Of course, I don't think anybody should be allowed to vote. Its expensive and a waste of time.

I thought you'd favout the old 100% turnout but just the one name on the ballot paper, p? That seemed to work for Uncle Joe, Chairman M and Pol Pot.

Sir C
07-18-2017, 12:31 PM
I failed the citizenship test ;)

You're going to have to expand a little, p. Which citizenship test did you take, and why?

It was Cuba, wasn't it? :-(

Ash
07-18-2017, 12:32 PM

The EU Commission likes this.

Peter
07-18-2017, 12:41 PM
You're going to have to expand a little, p. Which citizenship test did you take, and why?

It was Cuba, wasn't it? :-(

The United Kingdom. In my defence some of the questions were stupid. The order of Henry VIIIs wives, the architect of the Tower of London, Cromwell's favourite meal...... who the **** knows all that?

Peter
07-18-2017, 12:42 PM
The EU Commission likes this.

Wd the EU Commission. Sensible policies for a free and prosperous Europe.

Sir C
07-18-2017, 12:44 PM
The United Kingdom. In my defence some of the questions were stupid. The order of Henry VIIIs wives, the architect of the Tower of London, Cromwell's favourite meal...... who the **** knows all that?

Presumably there is a recommended text for those applying for such a test?

Why did you take this test? Are you applying to be a Brit?

Peter
07-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Presumably there is a recommended text for those applying for such a test?

Why did you take this test? Are you applying to be a Brit?

A friend is taking it so I was helping him. It isn't that easy. I would guess that your average mong would not have a hope in hell of passing it. What percentage of people under 30 know that the Queen is the Head of the C of E? I bet it is horrifyingly low.

Sir C
07-18-2017, 12:58 PM
A friend is taking it so I was helping him. It isn't that easy. I would guess that your average mong would not have a hope in hell of passing it. What percentage of people under 30 know that the Queen is the Head of the C of E? I bet it is horrifyingly low.

Well we don't really want average mongs being granted passports, do we? We have an elegant sufficiency of average mongs.

Anyone in this country who does not understand that the monarch is head of the church and defender of the faith should be in sheltered fúcking accomodation for the drooling.

Burney
07-18-2017, 12:59 PM

I would guess that, like most tests, it's only designed to demonstrate that you've bothered to swot up for it.

Besides, the more of these buggers we can keep out, the better.

Ash
07-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Wd the EU Commission. Sensible policies for a free and prosperous Europe.

You obviously haven't met the GDPR yet. Or Greece.

Peter
07-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Well we don't really want average mongs being granted passports, do we? We have an elegant sufficiency of average mongs.

Anyone in this country who does not understand that the monarch is head of the church and defender of the faith should be in sheltered fúcking accomodation for the drooling.

I was referring to our own average mongs. It seems odd to enshrine brutishness in a test that most british people couldn't pass. Arguably failing it makes you more british.

Peter
07-18-2017, 01:41 PM
You obviously haven't met the GDPR yet. Or Greece.

I am fairly familiar with Greece having grown up in Palmers Green.

Peter
07-18-2017, 01:42 PM
I would guess that, like most tests, it's only designed to demonstrate that you've bothered to swot up for it.

Besides, the more of these buggers we can keep out, the better.

We want to keep them all out don't we?

Burney
07-18-2017, 01:47 PM
We want to keep them all out don't we?

Naturally, p. The problem with immigrants, y'see, is that they're nearly all foreigners. And for me, foreigners are all very well in their place, but that isn't over here.

Peter
07-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Naturally, p. The problem with immigrants, y'see, is that they're nearly all foreigners. And for me, foreigners are all very well in their place, but that isn't over here.

Don't get me wrong, I like them. As a rule.

THe problem is that nobody else does apart from a load of ****s in Stoke Newington with small beards. It isn't a great place for them.

Also, we are a bit crowded. One needs space to breathe, trees etc

Burney
07-18-2017, 01:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like them. As a rule.

THe problem is that nobody else does apart from a load of ****s in Stoke Newington with small beards. It isn't a great place for them.

Also, we are a bit crowded. One needs space to breathe, trees etc

There should be a question about how to get served in pubs. 'You are at the bar, 20 quid note in hand. There are three other people there who arrived at similar times - how do you ensure you get served most quickly without starting a fight?'

A: When the barman asks 'Who's next?', say 'ME!' and start ordering before anyone can object
B: Look at your various rivals and shrug as if to say you're not sure
C: Point to one of your rivals and say "I think this gentleman/lady was before me"

Only the person answering 'C' would be allowed into the country, as they have learned the dark arts of passive/aggressive Britishness.

World's End Stella
07-18-2017, 02:01 PM
There should be a question about how to get served in pubs. 'You are at the bar, 20 quid note in hand. There are three other people there who arrived at similar times - how do you ensure you get served most quickly without starting a fight?'

A: When the barman asks 'Who's next?', say 'ME!' and start ordering before anyone can object
C: Point to one of your rivals and say "I think this gentleman/lady was before me"

Only the person answering 'C' would be allowed into the country, as they have learned the dark arts of passive/aggressive Britishness.

I would do C every time. Get in! :cloud9:

redgunamo
07-18-2017, 02:02 PM

Right. And it also encourages politicians.

Burney
07-18-2017, 02:04 PM
I would do C every time. Get in! :cloud9:

I'll bet you wouldn't have when you first got here, though. You'd have gone 'A', wouldn't you?

redgunamo
07-18-2017, 02:05 PM

Pointless. After all, it's the over-30s that failed to raise all these young idiots right in the first place.

World's End Stella
07-18-2017, 02:06 PM
I'll bet you wouldn't have when you first got here, though. You'd have gone 'A', wouldn't you?

Yeah, probably. :nod:

Peter
07-18-2017, 02:14 PM

A makes you an arsehole. B, you shouldn't be in a pub.

What about a 'quick little eyebrows'?

Where do you stand on folding the 20 quid note lengthways between two fingers?

Burney
07-18-2017, 02:21 PM
A makes you an arsehole. B, you shouldn't be in a pub.

What about a 'quick little eyebrows'?

Where do you stand on folding the 20 quid note lengthways between two fingers?

Eyebrows is intermediate level Britishness. Not fair to ask them to run before they can walk.

The brandishing of the note is a vexed question. It must be conspicuous enough to let them know you're waiting, but not so ostentatious that you come across as a wânker.

Sir C
07-18-2017, 02:23 PM

D: One asks to see the manager and explains, quietly and without fuss, that one has waited at the bar. The matter is then rectified.

Peter
07-18-2017, 02:25 PM
Eyebrows is intermediate level Britishness. Not fair to ask them to run before they can walk.

The brandishing of the note is a vexed question. It must be conspicuous enough to let them know you're waiting, but not so ostentatious that you come across as a wânker.

what if you go for C and at the end of that transaction the barman falls for someone else trying A?

What is the british response?

Burney
07-18-2017, 02:34 PM
what if you go for C and at the end of that transaction the barman falls for someone else trying A?

What is the british response?

This has literally never happened to me in 30 years of pub-going. Allowing one person to go before you is guaranteed to ensure you are served next. It never fails due to a/ the fact that you're a good egg and thus deserving of service and b/ the heavy implication that you are absolutely sure that you're next in line.

Burney
07-18-2017, 02:35 PM
D: One asks to see the manager and explains, quietly and without fuss, that one has waited at the bar. The matter is then rectified.

I'm sure you remember pubs. I've been in one with you...oh, years ago. You wait at the bar and they serve you. It works quite well.

Peter
07-18-2017, 02:36 PM
This has literally never happened to me in 30 years of pub-going. Allowing one person to go before you is guaranteed to ensure you are served next. It never fails due to a/ the fact that you're a good egg and thus deserving of service and b/ the heavy implication that you are absolutely sure that you're next in line.

I don't think it has ever happened to me either. But what if it did?

Pokster
07-18-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm sure you remember pubs. I've been in one with you...oh, years ago. You wait at the bar and they serve you. It works quite well.

Notice sw not answering this question... he would hang at the back waiting for someone to buy him a drink

Burney
07-18-2017, 02:40 PM
I don't think it has ever happened to me either. But what if it did?

I would simply be forced emigrate, I suppose. :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
07-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Notice sw not answering this question... he would hang at the back waiting for someone to buy him a drink

Or 2020 - who would need a step-ladder to be seen over the top of the bar anyway