PDA

View Full Version : It's my birthday tomorrow and it's gonna be hot, hot, hot

Monty92
07-17-2017, 12:47 PM
Where's a nice spot in town where I can park myself and a book about filthy Allans for an indulgent day of blissful relaxation and Islamophobic inculcation?

Close proximity to good food, drink and a toilet also essential.

Sir C
07-17-2017, 12:54 PM
Where's a nice spot in town where I can park myself and a book about filthy Allans for an indulgent day of blissful relaxation and Islamophobic inculcation?

Rooftop bar at the ME.

https://www.melia.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/london/me-london/radio-rooftop-bar.html

Ash
07-17-2017, 12:59 PM

Allen Gardens, near Whitechapel :thumbup:

Monty92
07-17-2017, 12:59 PM
Ooh nice call. My old company hostrd a big event up there a couple of years ago.

Rooftop bar at the ME.

https://www.melia.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/london/me-london/radio-rooftop-bar.html

Sir C
07-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Ooh nice call. My old company hostrd a big event up there a couple of years ago.

My coke dealer came to see me there on a beautiful summer evening a couple of years ago. He was wearing a string vest and cycling shorts :-( He sat down at my table, waved cheerily to the Russian hookers sitting next door, threw the merchandise into my lap, and sparked up a huge spliff :-(

No one gave him a second look. It's that sort of place.

Monty92
07-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Yes, my colleagues reported the same after spending the night there after said event.

Isn't there that appalling steakhouse STK downstairs? By which I mean the clientele rather than the food.

My coke dealer came to see me there on a beautiful summer evening a couple of years ago. He was wearing a string vest and cycling shorts :-( He sat down at my table, waved cheerily to the Russian hookers sitting next door, threw the merchandise into my lap, and sparked up a huge spliff :-(

No one gave him a second look. It's that sort of place.

Pat Vegas
07-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Rooftop bar at the ME.

There is a tremendous suite that has it's own access to that bar.

Sir C
07-17-2017, 01:11 PM
There is a tremendous suite that has it's own access to that bar.

I stayed at the hotel not long after it opened.

It was fúcking dire. Absolutely, outrageously, hideously fúcking dreadful. It's got 5 stars on the door :hehe:

Pat Vegas
07-17-2017, 01:18 PM
I stayed at the hotel not long after it opened.

It was fúcking dire. Absolutely, outrageously, hideously fúcking dreadful. It's got 5 stars on the door :hehe:

Does it have that weird lobby where it's all dark.
The sales manager there was top notch though :hide:

Sir C
07-17-2017, 01:21 PM
Does it have that weird lobby where it's all dark.
The sales manager there was top notch though :hide:

Dark? It's darker than the pits of Moria. It's blacker than, well, a black thing. The corridors are the same. I had to use the torch on my iPhone to find my bedroom, at 2 pm on a summer day. That was after waiting 20 minutes to check in because the beautiful person on reception wasn't actually on reception. After that, it all got worse.

Funnily enough my stay was a freebie from Amex, to whom I wrote afterwards saying that it was a good thing they hadn't charged me, because if they had, I'd have demanded my money back.

Luis Anaconda
07-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Dark? It's darker than the pits of Moria. It's blacker than, well, a black thing. The corridors are the same. I had to use the torch on my iPhone to find my bedroom, at 2 pm on a summer day. That was after waiting 20 minutes to check in because the beautiful person on reception wasn't actually on reception. After that, it all got worse.

Funnily enough my stay was a freebie from Amex, to whom I wrote afterwards saying that it was a good thing they hadn't charged me, because if they had, I'd have demanded my money back.

:hide: Did you read about it in a magazine? I've stayed in a Melia and it was quite nice - not that one obviously

Sir C
07-17-2017, 01:27 PM
:hide: Did you read about it in a magazine? I've stayed in a Melia and it was quite nice - not that one obviously

:hehe: I didn't, actually. It was the chap on here who worked for Amex, what was his name now, hmm, SB was his real name, it'll come to me, anyway whatever. He mentioned to me that they were doing a free night for platinum holders, no strings, so I took them up on it. The experience was so appalling that at midnight I very nearly left to check into a different hotel.

Luis Anaconda
07-17-2017, 02:28 PM
:hehe: I didn't, actually. It was the chap on here who worked for Amex, what was his name now, hmm, SB was his real name, it'll come to me, anyway whatever. He mentioned to me that they were doing a free night for platinum holders, no strings, so I took them up on it. The experience was so appalling that at midnight I very nearly left to check into a different hotel.

Ah - he's just left there as well. Third Generation Gooner I believe he was on here