PDA

View Full Version : World Record Run Chase....

Tony C
07-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Anyone else fancy the 9/1 to pull this off? Worth a tenner imo

Time for coooooool heads imo...and a Joe Root double century :nod:

Burney
07-17-2017, 10:01 AM

Nah. It'll be all over just after tea.

Burney
07-17-2017, 10:13 AM

I reckon you could get even better odds now, t :hehe:

Rich
07-17-2017, 10:16 AM
I reckon you could get even better odds now, t :hehe:

Only Jennings to be fair. As far as I can see his purpose is to eat up some of the new ball. Anything is a bonus.

Can't we put Bairstow in to open with Cook and bring in Buttler?

Luis Anaconda
07-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Only Jennings to be fair. As far as I can see his purpose is to eat up some of the new ball. Anything is a bonus.

:hehe: Bairstow would be a terrible opener. also we would then be looking for another No 5

Burney
07-17-2017, 10:21 AM

Bairstow's technique is shocking. His left hand might as well be made of wood for all the control it exerts over his strokeplay.
There really is an alarming dearth of young batting talent coming through. Root, Ali and (to a much lesser extent) Bairstow have sort of masked it, but the cracks are starting to show quite badly. You've got two of the top three who simply are not test class batsmen.

Luis Anaconda
07-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Bairstow's technique is shocking. His left hand might as well be made of wood for all the control it exerts over his strokeplay.
There really is an alarming dearth of young batting talent coming through. Root, Ali and (to a much lesser extent) Bairstow have sort of masked it, but the cracks are starting to show quite badly. You've got two of the top three who simply are not test class batsmen.
We're kinda of a bit **** now, aren't we b. Back to normal :)

Burney
07-17-2017, 10:27 AM

Broad and Anderson can't keep going forever and I think Moeen Ali is our leading wicket taker in this series. I think that - unless something remarkable happens - there are lean times ahead.

Burney
07-17-2017, 10:32 AM

Also, what the fúck is Liam Dawson doing in a test team?

Burney
07-17-2017, 10:41 AM
Ballance stuck in the crease and out lbw? Surely not?

Just Trent
07-17-2017, 10:43 AM

Surely this Gary Ballance nonsense has to end now?

Burney
07-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Surely this Gary Ballance nonsense has to end now?

It should have ended the last time he was dropped due to his technical shortcomings being laid embarrassingly bare at test level, but apparently not. :shrug:

Rich
07-17-2017, 10:51 AM
It should have ended the last time he was dropped due to his technical shortcomings being laid embarrassingly bare at test level, but apparently not. :shrug:

James Vince and Dawad Malan should be playing imho. Both lovely strokemakers.

If that fails we can just recall Ian Bell :-\

Luis Anaconda
07-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Also, what the fúck is Liam Dawson doing in a test team?

I have no idea - some very strange decisions going on

Tony C
07-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Was on a work call...ffs 2 down already...

Was hoping for a good knock from Keaton...nice little 75.

Anyways all on Cook and Root imo..got to dig in. I won't even mind if they get no runs until lunch...just dig in for now

Luis Anaconda
07-17-2017, 11:14 AM
James Vince and Dawad Malan should be playing imho. Both lovely strokemakers.

If that fails we can just recall Ian Bell :-\

:clap: Gets better - Vince is nowhere near Test level. And even as a big Malan fan I can't see him making it either. Would you even have considered him before that T20 knock?

Tony C
07-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Oh boy....Root star trekked i.e. Gorn

Ok time for the Moeeeeen double century :clap:

Burney
07-17-2017, 11:17 AM
Was on a work call...ffs 2 down already...

Was hoping for a good knock from Keaton...nice little 75.

Anyways all on Cook and Root imo..got to dig in. I won't even mind if they get no runs until lunch...just dig in for now

You were saying, t?

Think I may have been generous with my 'after tea' prediction.

Rich
07-17-2017, 11:24 AM
:clap: Gets better - Vince is nowhere near Test level. And even as a big Malan fan I can't see him making it either. Would you even have considered him before that T20 knock?

What are you blubbering on about? Vince is a class act. His cover-drive is one of the wonders of the game - not seen anything like it since a certain MP Vaughan.

Luis Anaconda
07-17-2017, 11:28 AM
What are you blubbering on about? Vince is a class act. His cover-drive is one of the wonders of the game - not seen anything like it since a certain MP Vaughan.

It's a beautiful shot. He's very good for a pretty 20 - not a Test batsmen, plays far too loosely (as he proved last summer - didn't even average 20, in fact he averages less than 40 in first-class cricket, which is, well, pretty average)

Tony C
07-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Lame....wtf was that from Cook