PDA

View Full Version : I need to put a new gimmick in the bathroom but have to drill through a tile.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2017, 02:50 PM
what's the best technique?

SWv2
07-13-2017, 02:55 PM

Put some masking tape onto the tile and drill through that and into the tile/wall.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2017, 02:55 PM
Put some masking tape onto the tile and drill through that and into the tile/wall.

Do I go slow or give it a damn good drilling.

Then when I'm finished I might put the thing up on the wall.

SWv2
07-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Do I go slow or give it a damn good drilling.

Eh, are we still on the wall fixing or your mum?

Pat Vegas
07-13-2017, 02:57 PM
Eh, are we still on the wall fixing or your mum?

:hehe: :hehe:

7sisters
07-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Tungsten tip drill bit. Go through it like butter. Tile shops all sell them, unsurprisingly..

Burney
07-13-2017, 03:08 PM

I always use an old fashioned hand drill after scoring the point to get purchase. Because it goes slowly, it tends to prevent cracking the tile.

Ash
07-13-2017, 03:09 PM

Is it a thing that sprays perfume into the bathroom? Won of those has been installed at work recently.

Sir C
07-13-2017, 03:13 PM

For the love of the Virgin don't attempt such a thing, f. The walls will come crashing in around your ears.

Get a man in. Or someone who identifies as such.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Is it a thing that sprays perfume into the bathroom? Won of those has been installed at work recently.

I need to put up a new shower head and holder thing. as the other one has fallen apart. What are they called racks?

I did put in some tremendous LED lights though. They are remote controlled so in the night won doesn't have to put the proper light and have the extractor fan going on for half an hour.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2017, 03:14 PM
For the love of the Virgin don't attempt such a thing, f. The walls will come crashing in around your ears.

In my last place I asked my mate to come around who is a caretaker of a building to put up a shelf for me.

He proceeded to make a hole in the wall about 3 inches wide :-(

Pat Vegas
07-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Tungsten tip drill bit. Go through it like butter. Tile shops all sell them, unsurprisingly..

:cloud9: and if I can't find one I will throw darts at the wall

SWv2
07-13-2017, 03:26 PM

I had a bloke come round last night to put together 3 items of Ikea flat pack.

2.5 hours it took him, so by my estimates about 7.5 for me, meanwhile I was sat downstairs with a bowl of Shreddies watching the tennis.

€75. Bang on I thought.

Pat Vegas
07-13-2017, 03:27 PM

2.5 hours it took him, so by my estimates about 7.5 for me, meanwhile I was sat downstairs with a bowl of Shreddies watching the tennis.

€75. Bang on I thought.

I should do that for a living. I can put that stuff together very quickly.
I ended up in there on Sunday :-( though better technique this time I dropped her off then buggered off to costco and them came back.

Sir C
07-13-2017, 03:27 PM

€75. Bang on I thought.

This is money wisely invested, sw. I salute your decison.