PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Walker to Citeh for £50m.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
07-13-2017, 02:47 PM
The world has gone mad, I tell thee.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/13/manchester-city-kyle-walker-tottenham

PSRB
07-13-2017, 02:53 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/13/manchester-city-kyle-walker-tottenham

Worlds most expensive defender :hehe:

Mind you, Barca can well and truly **** off if they think they're getting young Hector for £20m

Billy Goat Sverige
07-13-2017, 02:55 PM

Talk of Everton signing Sigurdsson for £40m+. ****ing ridiculous.

07-13-2017, 02:57 PM

S'pose they have to splash the cash they mugged off utd for Lukaku somewhere :shrug:

SWv2
07-13-2017, 03:02 PM

Sigurdsson is actually a very decent player and if you think we paid £35m for Xhaka then factoring in the inter-PL transfer surcharge then it’s not utterly mental.

Spending 50m on a right back is fúcking nuts.

PSRB
07-13-2017, 03:06 PM
Sigurdsson is actually a very decent player and if you think we paid £35m for Xhaka then factoring in the inter-PL transfer surcharge then it’s not utterly mental.

I believe they are also spunking £50m on a LB, Mendy.

SWv2
07-13-2017, 03:10 PM
I believe they are also spunking £50m on a LB, Mendy.

Fúck me, still need at least 1 centre-half also, actually 2 as Otamendi is pure shíte.

No Alexis for them then.

Ash
07-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Fúck me, still need at least 1 centre-half also, actually 2 as Otamendi is pure shíte.

No Alexis for them then.

Why not?
///

Billy Goat Sverige
07-13-2017, 03:12 PM

No Alexis for them then.

I don't think we'll sell him now. Far too much noise coming out from the club about holding him to his contract. If they end up selling him all involved are going to look like massive ****s.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 03:15 PM

An unforeseen consequence of everyone in the Premier League having so much cash? Top players (Dani Alves) won't come as there's no guarantee of titles so we're forced to pay big money for ****e (other full backs)?

SWv2
07-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Why not?
///

Well the PL rules about annual wage bill increments don’t apply to just us.

They already have Silva, the keeper and for arguments sake Walker. I expect they will or already have released a few from their wage bill but are having serious problems with 1-2 others such as Nasri.

You would have to assume the above trio will far exceed a combined £140k per week.

Perhaps they will have found a new source of non-television based revenue to add to their coffers.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 03:16 PM
I don't think we'll sell him now. Far too much noise coming out from the club about holding him to his contract. If they end up selling him all involved are going to look like massive ****s.

We don't need to "sell" him; he may simply ask to leave. We've seen it all before, haven't we.

PSRB
07-13-2017, 03:21 PM
An unforeseen consequence of everyone in the Premier League having so much cash? Top players (Dani Alves) won't come as there's no guarantee of titles so we're forced to pay big money for ****e (other full backs)?

If Mendy & Walker do go to City, that will be £270m on defenders and keepers since 2014/15. That's mental!

SWv2
07-13-2017, 03:23 PM
We don't need to "sell" him; he may simply ask to leave. We've seen it all before, haven't we.

Indeed, all depends on him when he returns to training.

The party line about not selling has been rolled out before and proven to be a lie.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 03:25 PM

The party line about not selling has been rolled out before and proven to be a lie.

:nod: We've often been deep into negotiations while saying it.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 03:26 PM
If Mendy & Walker do go to City, that will be £270m on defenders and keepers since 2014/15. That's mental!

It's a scandal really. And a tragedy :-(

taxman10
07-13-2017, 11:33 PM
We won't sell Sanchez. We deferred payments on lacazette.

07-14-2017, 06:58 AM
We deferred payments on lacazette.

Why? 10 chars

SWv2
07-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Why? 10 chars

Most transfers are staged over an agreed term.

On occasions as cash rich entity will offer to pay the entire sum in one lump payment in order to convince a side which is appearing reluctant to sell.

I am unsure as to the correlation, or indeed any correlation, between Lacazette's fee being paid in this manner and any sale of Sanchez. If there is any truth in the media stories of our chase for Lemar, and we must believe there is, then that alone suggests the club has not ruled out his exit.

Peter
07-14-2017, 08:19 AM

Not a lie. More a tactic.

Lets face it, we are going to look like ****s either way if he doesn't sign a new deal. If he leaves for City next summer we look like ****s who chucked away 50 million quid.

Peter
07-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Well the PL rules about annual wage bill increments don’t apply to just us.

They already have Silva, the keeper and for arguments sake Walker. I expect they will or already have released a few from their wage bill but are having serious problems with 1-2 others such as Nasri.

You would have to assume the above trio will far exceed a combined £140k per week.

Perhaps they will have found a new source of non-television based revenue to add to their coffers.

I read somewhere that the wage rule doesn’t apply if you can show increases in commercial revenue. Wont City just conjure up another ludicrous commercial deal or sponsorship from a company that looks suspiciously linked to their owners?

SWv2
07-14-2017, 08:28 AM
I read somewhere that the wage rule doesn’t apply if you can show increases in commercial revenue. Wont City just conjure up another ludicrous commercial deal or sponsorship from a company that looks suspiciously linked to their owners?

Correct, there is some crossover with non-television related revenues. Which indeed you will have noted had you read my final sentence.

I expect that as was the case with previous nonsense like FFP there are ways of getting around it other than the obvious one of reducing one’s wage bill. I expect with a little bit of digging around one could find a listing of City players who are still employees of the club, and thus their salaries included in their annual accounts, but who do not kick a ball for them, very handsomely paid players whose salaries are making them very difficult to move on – Joe Hart, Samir Nasri, Eliaquim Mangala.

You cannot even ask a fee for these fúckers.

See also Wayne Rooney.

Peter
07-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Correct, there is some crossover with non-television related revenues. Which indeed you will have noted had you read my final sentence.

I expect that as was the case with previous nonsense like FFP there are ways of getting around it other than the obvious one of reducing one’s wage bill. I expect with a little bit of digging around one could find a listing of City players who are still employees of the club, and thus their salaries included in their annual accounts, but who do not kick a ball for them, very handsomely paid players whose salaries are making them very difficult to move on – Joe Hart, Samir Nasri, Eliaquim Mangala.

You cannot even ask a fee for these fúckers.

See also Wayne Rooney.

And then there is Wayne Rooney, of course ;)