redgunamo
07-13-2017, 11:58 AM
Bring on Bayern!

And Chelsea.

And the Chinese :-\

Ash
07-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Bring on Bayern!

I thought the whole point of being in the Fairs Cup this year was so that we didn't have to play Bayern.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 12:01 PM
I thought the whole point of being in the Fairs Cup this year was so that we didn't have to play Bayern.

I know, it's shameful really. We seem to be obssessed with them.

And they with us :-|

Luis Anaconda
07-13-2017, 12:15 PM
Bring on Bayern!

And Chelsea.

And the Chinese :-\
I'm not even sure why we got an Australian team in the Champions league qualifying draw - seems a bit unfair. This is the CL qualifying isn't it red?

Pokster
07-13-2017, 12:18 PM
I'm not even sure why we got an Australian team in the Champions league qualifying draw - seems a bit unfair. This is the CL qualifying isn't it red?

They are allowed in ever since Australia joined Euorvision

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 12:19 PM

Actually, this is all your fault. We never had to play them every week until you decamped there.

Tony C
07-13-2017, 12:20 PM
To be fair Israel play in Europe :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
07-13-2017, 12:20 PM
Actually, this is all your fault. We never had to play them every week until you decamped there.

That's very true - shall I move to Glasgow?

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 12:22 PM
That's very true - shall I move to Glasgow?

Swindon or Saudi Arabia, please.

SWv2
07-13-2017, 12:32 PM
They are allowed in ever since Australia joined Euorvision

I did ask the question yesterday as to why the fúck we were in Australia in the first place.

Far East etc. I can understand, your average gook cannot get enough of the "EPL" but Australia is hardly a hotbed of football and is so full of dangerous spiders and **** that our players must be at risk.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 12:39 PM
I did ask the question yesterday as to why the fúck we were in Australia in the first place.

Far East etc. I can understand, your average gook cannot get enough of the "EPL" but Australia is hardly a hotbed of football and is so full of dangerous spiders and **** that our players must be at risk.

Oh, the Australians do love their football alright. I think Bobo Vieri even grew up and learned the game down there, even though he says his favourite player was Allan Border :-\

Anyway, there's loads of former British there. And, of course, sundry Irish and other Eurotrash. Think of it, eighty thousand in the ground today to see Theo Walcott & co stroll about :-|

Luis Anaconda
07-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Swindon or Saudi Arabia, please.

hmmm - I've been to Swindon, didn't like it (though Kevin Campbell did score a hat-trick). What are the pubs like in Saudi Arabia

SWv2
07-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Oh, the Australians do love their football alright. I think Bobo Vieri even grew up and learned the game down there, even though he says his favourite player was Allan Border :-\

Anyway, there's loads of former British there. And, of course, sundry Irish and other Eurotrash. Think of it, eighty thousand in the ground today to see Theo Walcott & co stroll about :-|

The number that turned up today is irrelevant, it is the subsequent spend on merchandise and club memberships that matters.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 12:52 PM
The number that turned up today is irrelevant, it is the subsequent spend on merchandise and club memberships that matters.

Not at all. Bums on seats shows interest, even excitement and passion. "Buzz" as the youngsters have it nowadays. Nobody wants to watch an empty ground on the television.

Luis Anaconda
07-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Oh, the Australians do love their football alright. I think Bobo Vieri grew up and learned the game down there, even though he says his favourite player was Allan Border :-\

Anyway, there's loads of former British there. And, of course, sundry Irish and other Eurotrash.

The Greeks are mad for it too

SWv2
07-13-2017, 12:55 PM
Not at all. Bums on seats shows interest, even excitement and passion. "Buzz" as the youngsters have it nowadays. Nobody wants to watch an empty ground on the television.

Was it on the television?

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 12:58 PM
The Greeks are mad for it too

Stan Lazaridis?

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Was it on the television?

Arsenal player with Adrian Clarke and Nigel Winterburn. So, no. Not really :-\

IUFG
07-13-2017, 01:18 PM
What are the pubs like in Saudi Arabia

very few and very far between.

Ash
07-13-2017, 02:04 PM

I think they have a "hands off" approach.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 02:07 PM

Still better than Swindon, to be fair. Especially if there's lots of British reporters about; those fellows can secure a decent drink anywhere.

SWv2
07-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Still better than Swindon, to be fair. Especially if there's lots of British reporters about; those fellows can secure a decent drink anywhere.

I assume there is a good old Irish bar at least.

The Sultan O'Reillys or something, appeals to all that way.