PDA

View Full Version : Čech; Bielik, Mert, Kolasinac; Nelson, Coq, Willock, Bramall; Özil, Walcott, #Welbz.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 09:53 AM
No Alexis.
No @NewSigning.

No fúck all :-(

Sir C
07-13-2017, 09:54 AM
No Alexis.
No @NewSigning.

No fúck all :-(

Nelson, eh? So it'll be a case of, 'never mind manoeuvres, go straight at 'em'?

Burney
07-13-2017, 09:56 AM

'Pass the salt', surely?

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 09:58 AM

Probably. I must say though, I was hoping more for inspirational leadership, an excellent grasp of strategery and a willingness to employ unconventional tactics :-\

Sir C
07-13-2017, 09:58 AM
'Pass the salt', surely?

That was the extent of their first conversation. 'Never mind manoeuvres' was the second.

I'm re-listening. Again.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 10:00 AM
'Pass the salt', surely?

This one was born in the Elephant, as I understand it, so perhaps there's hope.

Burney
07-13-2017, 10:02 AM
That was the extent of their first conversation. 'Never mind manoeuvres' was the second.

I'm re-listening. Again.

Good heavens. Do you know I never did finish the series? I stopped a couple of books short. Maybe one day I'll go back to it.

Sir C
07-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Good heavens. Do you know I never did finish the series? I stopped a couple of books short. Maybe one day I'll go back to it.

I thought you were finished with fiction?

If you're not, I heartily recommend the 'Bernie Gunther' series by Philip Kerr. Lovely stuff. Copper in Berlin during the 30s, 40s and 50s.

Burney
07-13-2017, 10:07 AM
I thought you were finished with fiction?

If you're not, I heartily recommend the 'Bernie Gunther' series by Philip Kerr. Lovely stuff. Copper in Berlin during the 30s, 40s and 50s.

I largely am. I keep depressing myself by re-reading Douglas Murray's book. :-(

Tony C
07-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Per 1nil...easy easy

Tony C
07-13-2017, 10:14 AM
I know it's weak opposition but we look so comfortable with the back 3...interested in the 2 young wing backs...major chance for them

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Per 1nil...easy easy

And I missed it :homer:

SWv2
07-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Imagine you are an Australian and you support Arsenal.

Years you have watched them, dreaming that one day you might even go to N5 and see them. Then they come to Australia. "Blimey". You buy your match ticket and go along, head to toe in replica kit.

Then Danny fúcking Welbeck comes out.

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 10:20 AM

Years you have watched them, dreaming that one day you might even go to N5 and see them. Then they come to Australia. "Blimey". You buy your match ticket and go along, head to toe in replica kit.

I'm not sure I understand you. Danny Welbeck is an Arsenal player :shrug:

Sir C
07-13-2017, 10:22 AM

You can't be an Arsenal supporter in Australia. I'm not having it.

Is the heady smell of horse shít and hot dogs in Avenell Rd doesn't live in your nostrils, you need to be supporting Melbourne United or summat.

Burney
07-13-2017, 10:27 AM
You can't be an Arsenal supporter in Australia. I'm not having it.

Is the heady smell of horse shít and hot dogs in Avenell Rd doesn't live in your nostrils, you need to be supporting Melbourne United or summat.

Yes. I can remember when the idea of attending an Arsenal game would excite and energise me. The stink of the crowd and their quaint accents and turns of phrase seemed very heaven to me. Now it fills me with ennui and dread.

Have I changed or has it?

Pokster
07-13-2017, 10:27 AM

play the 1-1-1 formation

Sir C
07-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Yes. I can remember when the idea of attending an Arsenal game would excite and energise me. The stink of the crowd and their quaint accents and turns of phrase seemed very heaven to me. Now it fills me with ennui and dread.

Have I changed or has it?

Both have changed, I suspect.

I am considering attending a game this season. An away game, in Europe, I think. Make a long weekend of it. The Netherlands, perhaps.

Sir C
07-13-2017, 10:29 AM
I largely am. I keep depressing myself by re-reading Douglas Murray's book. :-(

Word to the wise, guv. It's never going to turn out to have a happy ending, no matter how many times you read it.

Burney
07-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Word to the wise, guv. It's never going to turn out to have a happy ending, no matter how many times you read it.

No. I think I keep reading it as a prophylactic against false optimism.

Tony C
07-13-2017, 10:35 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/6n0puy/mertesacker_goal_vs_sydney_fc_10_credit_to_udov123/

Per's goal

Tony C
07-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Reeeeeeese Nelson looks decent at RWB

Tony C
07-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Sydney hit post...awkward angle though....they broke down the left...I guess Saed didn't fancy breaking the lad in two on his first game

Tony C
07-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Loool Per looks beat...hopefully bring him off during then interval

I guess at his age he can't do two games back to back :nod:d��

Ash
07-13-2017, 11:56 AM

I guess at his age he can't do two games back to back :nod:d��

:hehe: :hehe:

redgunamo
07-13-2017, 11:59 AM