PDA

View Full Version : If one had a yearning for a lunch of toast and Marmite*, how many slices would it be

Sir C
07-12-2017, 09:27 AM
reasonable to consume?

*Possibly with tea. You know when you scrape the roof of your mouth to bits with the toast and the Marmite gets in and stings, and then the hot tea soothes it? Just so.

Asking for a friend.

Burney
07-12-2017, 09:31 AM
reasonable to consume?

*Possibly with tea. You know when you scrape the roof of your mouth to bits with the toast and the Marmite gets in and stings, and then the hot tea soothes it? Just so.

Asking for a friend.

More than two pieces of toast is piggy.

Sir C
07-12-2017, 09:32 AM

:-( Christ, I was thinking of aiming for 4 and stopping at 5 :-(

Burney
07-12-2017, 09:34 AM
:-( Christ, I was thinking of aiming for 4 and stopping at 5 :-(

I don't make the rules, I'm afraid. It's just a fact. It's why most toasters only have two slots.

redgunamo
07-12-2017, 09:36 AM
reasonable to consume?

Asking for a friend.

I'm currently enjoying a breakfast of matjes, chopped onions, black bread and beer #LateNight

Sir C
07-12-2017, 09:38 AM
I don't make the rules, I'm afraid. It's just a fact. It's why most toasters only have two slots.

Well in that case I shall throw a couple of eggs and some rashers into the equation.

Sir C
07-12-2017, 09:39 AM
I'm currently enjoying a breakfast of matjes, chopped onions, black bread and beer #LateNight

I reckon you want to get the Gaviscon on standby.

redgunamo
07-12-2017, 09:51 AM
I reckon you want to get the Gaviscon on standby.

No. Cowardly, imo. I, on the other hand, shall merely pour myself another glass of beer.

Sir C
07-12-2017, 09:53 AM
No. Cowardly, imo. I, on the other hand, shall merely pour myself another glass of beer.

Youre going to get the acid reflux. Don't moan at me when it happens.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Well in that case I shall throw a couple of eggs and some rashers into the equation.

Poached egg on mashed avocado and toast is all the rage
Put it in the toaster and see what happens

Pat Vegas
07-12-2017, 09:55 AM
reasonable to consume?

Asking for a friend.

I once had this urge and had half a loaf of bread.

They say either you love it or hate it. But this doesn't apply to me. Sometimes I think it's great and sometimes I don't like it.

Sir C
07-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Put it in the toaster and see what happens

Avocado and egg. These people are beneath contempt.

SWv2
07-12-2017, 09:58 AM

I had about 8 slices last Sunday morning as there was f**k all else. Bang on all the same.

White bread toasted, butter, homemade tayberry jam, tea (2 sugars).

Had a yoghurt thing for cholesterol also, shrewd.

SWv2
07-12-2017, 10:00 AM

I had this in a café on Central Street last time I was over. Quite nice.

Cost me about £7. London bástards.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Avocado and egg. These people are beneath contempt.

:nod:
Enjoy them separately FFS
What next ?
Banoffee omelette ?

Sir C
07-12-2017, 10:02 AM
I had about 8 slices last Sunday morning as there was f**k all else. Bang on all the same.

White bread toasted, butter, homemade tayberry jam, tea (2 sugars).

Had a yoghurt thing for cholesterol also, shrewd.

Tayberry? Is that Irish for something, sw?

There is an interesting article in the Guardian about why U2 are unloved in Ireland, but more interesting is the comments section, which displays the unbelievable number of reasons the Irish can hate someone for. :hehe: wd irishers.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/12/where-the-streets-have-no-statues-why-do-the-irish-hate-u2

Peter
07-12-2017, 10:04 AM

Scrambled egg on marmite toast is wonderful ;)

Sir C
07-12-2017, 10:05 AM
Scrambled egg on marmite toast is wonderful ;)

Certainly it is. Ignoring the bacon would be a mistake, though.

SWv2
07-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Tayberry? Is that Irish for something, sw?

There is an interesting article in the Guardian about why U2 are unloved in Ireland, but more interesting is the comments section, which displays the unbelievable number of reasons the Irish can hate someone for. :hehe: wd irishers.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/12/where-the-streets-have-no-statues-why-do-the-irish-hate-u2

Well I think a tayberry is a cultivated shrub in the genus Rubus of the family Rosaceae patented in 1979 as a cross between a blackberry and a red raspberry, and named after the river Tay in Scotland.

I didn't make the jam you understand, when I say home-made I mean home-made by my neighbour who it turns out has an allotment where loads of the ****ers grew.

Who knew.

"Ya cant polish a turd! People hate being lectured to by some four foot self righteous prick."

:clap:

redgunamo
07-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Eh?

Youre going to get the acid reflux. Don't moan at me when it happens.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oT-NDt8N90E/maxresdefault.jpg

Sir C
07-12-2017, 10:17 AM
Well I think a tayberry is a cultivated shrub in the genus Rubus of the family Rosaceae patented in 1979 as a cross between a blackberry and a red raspberry, and named after the river Tay in Scotland.

I didn't make the jam you understand, when I say home-made I mean home-made by my neighbour who it turns out has an allotment where loads of the ****ers grew.

Who knew.

"Ya cant polish a turd! People hate being lectured to by some four foot self righteous prick."

:clap:

It's the sheer variety of reasons on offer that's stunning. It's the tax issues, the sunglasses, they're west Brits, no they're English, they're prods, they went to a posh school... it goes on and on and on. World class levels of bitterness, there.

SWv2
07-12-2017, 10:26 AM
It's the sheer variety of reasons on offer that's stunning. It's the tax issues, the sunglasses, they're west Brits, no they're English, they're prods, they went to a posh school... it goes on and on and on. World class levels of bitterness, there.

They play here next week I think, only 1 night mind you which is very odd for them.

Not sure I would be putting statues up of them all the same.

Burney
07-12-2017, 10:29 AM
They play here next week I think, only 1 night mind you which is very odd for them.

Not sure I would be putting statues up of them all the same.

Statues of pop stars are very naff, I'm afraid. Ditto footballers.

I don't hate U2. Not my cup of tea, of course, but I've managed to ignore their output for 20-odd years, so they don't bother me.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-12-2017, 10:33 AM
reasonable to consume?

Asking for a friend.

there is no limit. Marmite on toast is one of life's pleasures and should be enjoyed to its max

SWv2
07-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Statues of pop stars are very naff, I'm afraid. Ditto footballers.

I don't hate U2. Not my cup of tea, of course, but I've managed to ignore their output for 20-odd years, so they don't bother me.

Naturally I am still subjected to their music on the radio, even in the brief time I am exposed to it I am almost guaranteed to hear something once or twice every weekend – see also Bruce Springsteen aka The Boss as they will refer to him.

Harmless enough of course, and there is the undeniable fact that at least two of the band just seem to sail along and bother nobody. Bono does tend to go on a bit all the same though I suppose, him and Geldof. They are almost competing in a competition of bellendery.

The other bloke, The Edge if you will. Fúck me. They actually call him that in interviews. The fúcking Edge.

It's a massive generalisation all the same to say they are hated in Ireland. Loved by as many if not more.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-12-2017, 10:42 AM
The other bloke, The Edge if you will. Fúck me. They actually call him that in interviews. The fúcking Edge.

:nod:
What is his ****ty birth name ? Keith Pike ?
That ****ing woolly hat he wears all the ****ing time :furious:
I want The Edge to do a hat exchange with Eddie Izzard

Ash
07-12-2017, 10:45 AM

Any excuse to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU

Sir C
07-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Any excuse to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU

That is such a lot of old bóllocks though. I like Bill Bailey but he really let himself down there.

Ash
07-12-2017, 10:56 AM
That is such a lot of old bóllocks though. I like Bill Bailey but he really let himself down there.

Not being a fan of The Edge, U2, or effects-reliant guitarists, I rather like it.