PDA

View Full Version : So, what shall I do in the Dordogne next week?

World's End Stella
07-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Other than drink copious amount of wine, eat tons of cheese and bread and consume foie gras and truffle until I'm blue in the face.

Any suggestions are or you all too vulgar to appreciate the wonders of France?*

*wait for Charles to be a condescending old goat with something like 'but there are tourists in the Dordogne!!!' :rolleyes:

Sir C
07-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Other than drink copious amount of wine, eat tons of cheese and bread and consume foie gras and truffle until I'm blue in the face.

*wait for Charles to be a condescending old goat with something like 'but there are tourists in the Dordogne!!!' :rolleyes:

What do you mean, 'do'? What does one generally 'do' on holiday? Are you looking for some organised family activities? Aerobics round the pool, Knobbly Knees competition, the sort of things you get to do in holiday resorts like Fujairah or Butlins? You won't find those in France mate.

World's End Stella
07-11-2017, 02:35 PM
What do you mean, 'do'? What does one generally 'do' on holiday? Are you looking for some organised family activities? Aerobics round the pool, Knobbly Knees competition, the sort of things you get to do in holiday resorts like Fujairah or Butlins? You won't find those in France mate.

Restaurant recommendations, chateaus that are worth a visit, markets that might be particularly wonderful, natural attractions of some kind, possibly a canoe expedition on the river, a city/town with a particularly spectacular town centre etc etc.

You have been to France, right Charles?

Sir C
07-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Restaurant recommendations, chateaus that are worth a visit, markets that might be particularly wonderful, natural attractions of some kind, possibly a canoe expedition on the river, a city/town with a particularly spectacular town centre etc etc.

You have been to France, right Charles?

Oh. Just normal life, you mean.

I suggest you go there and investigate. Or you could always book an organised tour to make sure you don't miss anything. I expect the coach will be very modern with the latest in chemical toilets and everything. :thumbup: :sagaholidays:

World's End Stella
07-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Oh. Just normal life, you mean.

I suggest you go there and investigate. Or you could always book an organised tour to make sure you don't miss anything. I expect the coach will be very modern with the latest in chemical toilets and everything. :thumbup: :sagaholidays:

:nono: I always drive to France.

Because I enjoy it and because it allows me to bring back a case of very expensive red.

Oh yes.

Sir C
07-11-2017, 02:42 PM
:nono: I always drive to France.

Because I enjoy it and because it allows me to bring back a case of very expensive red.

Oh yes.

Don't, for the love of God, go near Limoges. It's truly fúcking dull.

Monty92
07-11-2017, 02:44 PM

We mainly ate magret de canard, explored caves with prehistoric paintings and visited foi gras farms to watch geese being ritually tortured with a pipe shoved down their throats.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 02:48 PM

Stay away from France, imo; the place stinks of puppy piss.

In fairness, that could just be my little piece of it.

Ash
07-11-2017, 03:01 PM

Conduct some conversations in French.

Also, it's funny when you call us vulgar. :thumbup:

IUFG
07-11-2017, 04:08 PM

you could nip across to Rocamadour. nice place.

You could pick up some wine and cheese while you're there. oh...

World's End Stella
07-11-2017, 04:20 PM
you could nip across to Rocamadour. nice place.

You could pick up some wine and cheese while you're there. oh...

Chaws, I'm only about 10-15 minutes from Sarlat so that place isn't too long.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-11-2017, 10:40 PM
Chaws, I'm only about 10-15 minutes from Sarlat so that place isn't too long.

Sarlat? Went there as a kid. Doesn't it have an absolutely gorgeous car park full of trees? Or was that somewhere else?

eastgermanautos
07-12-2017, 05:23 AM

Which one's Dordogne then? Come up on up to Paris, bro. I'll be there, we could go to strip clubs.

SWv2
07-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Sarlat? Went there as a kid. Doesn't it have an absolutely gorgeous car park full of trees? Or was that somewhere else?

You went as a kid and you remember a car park?

Pokster
07-12-2017, 09:46 AM
You went as a kid and you remember a car park?

:sherlock: makes you wonder what went on with Ganpati in that car park

Viva Prat Vegas
07-12-2017, 09:49 AM

**** car park if the trees take up the spaces

Burney
07-12-2017, 09:50 AM
**** car park if the trees take up the spaces

I remember caves in the Dordogne. Prehistoric wons.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-12-2017, 09:51 AM

Caves are cool and quiet *

*I have never been in one but I guess they are

Sir C
07-12-2017, 09:54 AM

Aren't most caves prehistoric? I mean, you rarely wander up to a rock and go, 'Oh look there's a new cave here that wasn't there last week'.

Sadly, one knows so little of these geological matters.

Burney
07-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Aren't most caves prehistoric? I mean, you rarely wander up to a rock and go, 'Oh look there's a new cave here that wasn't there last week'.

Sadly, one knows so little of these geological matters.

I suppose so. This one had a little train in it that took you past loads of paintings done by cavemen. My niece decided she needed to pee at the point of no return and, since even the French frown on you urinating on sites of international historic interest, she had to hang on until we got out of the cave. Damn close run thing, it was.

Sir C
07-12-2017, 10:08 AM
I suppose so. This one had a little train in it that took you past loads of paintings done by cavemen. My niece decided she needed to pee at the point of no return and, since even the French frown on you urinating on sites of international historic interest, she had to hang on until we got out of the cave. Damn close run thing, it was.

The trouble with prehistoric cave paintings as that they're shít.

I'd rather see a Rembrandt.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-12-2017, 10:09 AM

Better scribbles in an infant school

Burney
07-12-2017, 10:15 AM

Yeah, but they're well old. And I suppose what we're marvelling at is that these poor fücks who lived in caves were just as human as us, with loves and hates and the desire to express themselves just like us. Seeing those pictures from millennia past helps to close that otherwise insurmountable temporal gap and makes one feel connected to these people in a way one otherwise might not.

Sir C
07-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Yeah, but they're well old. And I suppose what we're marvelling at is that these poor fücks who lived in caves were just as human as us, with loves and hates and the desire to express themselves just like us. Seeing those pictures from millennia past helps to close that otherwise insurmountable temporal gap and makes one feel connected to these people in a way one otherwise might not.

It just reminds me that they were a bit thick and didn't have showers.

Fúck them, smelly unartistic bástards.

redgunamo
07-12-2017, 10:30 AM

Excellent fellows, imo. Hunters.

Burney
07-12-2017, 10:32 AM

They were our ancestors, so if they were thick, so are we. :shrug:

Burney

I don't think they had wellies, r.

Viva Prat Vegas

What did they use to draw with ?
Burnt sticks dipped in berries ?

Burney
07-12-2017, 10:34 AM
What did they use to draw with ?
Burnt sticks dipped in berries ?

How the fück should I know, vpv? They were yammering on in Frog and I was trying to stop a five-year-old from wetting herself

Ash
07-12-2017, 10:34 AM

:nod: None of yer ghastly liberal urban trendies back then, redg. Women knew their job and did it. Great days.

redgunamo
07-12-2017, 10:35 AM
I don't think they had wellies, r.

True. Probably not even Harrod's picnic hampers or Range Rovers or Barbours either. Savages basically.

redgunamo
07-12-2017, 10:37 AM
:nod: None of yer ghastly liberal urban trendies back then, redg. Women knew their job and did it. Great days.

:nod: Human history may be a dung hill, but it does grow beautiful roses, as Sir Humphrey might say.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-12-2017, 10:38 AM

Pronounced brow
Underdeveloped features
Thick eyebrows
Stoop

Meet the ancestors

Burney
07-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Pronounced brow
Underdeveloped features
Thick eyebrows
Stoop