PDA

View Full Version : Loads of people turned out at Sydney airport at 7 am when our

Sir C
07-11-2017, 01:51 PM
flight arrived.

What is wrong with these people?

Monty92
07-11-2017, 02:23 PM
flight arrived.

It's alright for people like you and me. I live about 50 yards from one of the ****s and you could attend a live match any time you please, if you weren't an appalling plastic.

Imagine never having seen Theo Walcott in the flesh?

Ash
07-11-2017, 02:27 PM
It's alright for people like you and me. I live about 50 yards from one of the ****s

Has he moved back to his old house in the gated community yet?

Sir C
07-11-2017, 02:27 PM
It's alright for people like you and me. I live about 50 yards from one of the ****s and you could attend a live match any time you please, if you weren't an appalling plastic.

Imagine never having seen Theo Walcott in the flesh?

Yes, but what has Theo Walcott or The Arsenal Football Club got to do with a fella 12,000 miles away with corks hanging off his hat? What possible connection can there be?

Pat Vegas
07-11-2017, 02:29 PM
flight arrived.

:nod: It's a very oriental way of behaving.

Monty92
07-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Has he moved back to his old house in the gated community yet?

I'm not sure having a gate across your front drive constitutes living in a gated community.

SWv2
07-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Yes, but what has Theo Walcott or The Arsenal Football Club got to do with a fella 12,000 miles away with corks hanging off his hat? What possible connection can there be?

Hold on, why the fúck have they gone to Australia in the first place?

Far East fair enough, huge market there to tap into.

Ash
07-11-2017, 02:32 PM

It's a global game now, apparently. Anyone who thinks that some local or historical connection to a club has any relevance is a knuckle-dragging xenophobic goose-stepping chauvinist, I gather. Mr 7am-kick-off told me this* on his blog.

* I may have exaggerated a little bit.

Monty92
07-11-2017, 02:35 PM
It's a global game now, apparently. Anyone who thinks that some local or historical connection to a club has any relevance is a knuckle-dragging xenophobic goose-stepping chauvinist, I gather. Mr 7am-kick-off told me this* on his blog.

* I may have exaggerated a little bit.

Do we know how the Yank on ArsenalVision podcast came to be a fan? Has he ever lived in England? He's quite funny. Bit too opinionated, mind. Would much rather he let Marvin 'Clive' Gaye just speak for an hour.

Sir C
Hold on, why the fúck have they gone to Australia in the first place?

Far East fair enough, huge market there to tap into.

China as well. Now I can understand Chinamen thinking they 'support' a team with whom they have absolutely no geographical or cultural ties because chinamen are, you know, a bit weird. But Australians are supposed to be a bit like us, aren't they?

Fúcking hell, imagine waking up tomorrow morning thinking you're a Sydney United supporter :hehe:

Ash
I'm not sure having a gate across your front drive constitutes living in a gated community.

No, didn't he used to live on that road with the barrier and gate opposie Kenwood-ish? Next won along from Bishops Avenue?

Monty92
07-11-2017, 02:39 PM
No, didn't he used to live on that road with the barrier and gate opposie Kenwood-ish? Next won along from Bishops Avenue?

I mistakenly thought he did, but it turns out he's lived on S*****n Avenue all this time.

You know Usmanov lives a little further down Hampstead Lane towards the village, too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechwood_House,_Highgate

Ash
07-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Do we know how the Yank on ArsenalVision podcast came to be a fan? Has he ever lived in England? He's quite funny. Bit too opinionated, mind. Would much rather he let Marvin 'Clive' Gaye just speak for an hour.

Eliot Smith? No idea. He likes 'sports' in general, it seems. Thought he was just whiney at first but I quite like him, now. Nice line in self-deprecation. But if his job is to mainly fire the questions at Clive and Stillman so we can listen to them then I'm all for it.

Ash
07-11-2017, 02:53 PM
I mistakenly thought he did, but it turns out he's lived on S*****n Avenue all this time.

You know Usmanov lives a little further down Hampstead Lane towards the village, too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechwood_House,_Highgate

Yep. You can see a bit of the house from Fitzroy Park, a road which was originally the driveway for the older house formerly on the Beechwood site where Coleridge, Byron and Keats used to hang out. Tiz a most pleasing sunday afternoon stroll round that road, with many fine houses including a couple of tasty Art Deco numbers.

Though I read somewhere recently that he spends a lot of time in his house in Knightsbridge/Kensington.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 03:52 PM
flight arrived.

Plenty of people turned out for them in South Africa that time too. What of it.

:hide: