That's that then, he's doomed.

SWv2
07-11-2017, 08:56 AM

Adios Perez.

Strange signing.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 08:59 AM
The thing with the #9 shirt is it's the only one that does not shrink to fit unworthy players, as the man said. Either you wear it well or you simply don't wear it.

The fifty million quid price-tag suggests this chap may be OK with it #WengerKnows

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:00 AM
The thing with the #9 shirt is it's the only one that does not shrink to fit unworthy players, as the man said. Either you wear it well or you simply don't wear it.

The fifty million quid price-tag suggests this chap may be OK with it #WengerKnows

Eduardo wore it well until he had his foot chopped off :-(

PSRB
07-11-2017, 09:00 AM

I see this morning that Mourinho apparently looked at Lacazette but decided he doesn't have the stamina and his record in big games is poor and so they chose Lukaku instead.......who ironically, I've always said goes missing in big games and doesn't have the greatest engine/work rate.

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:06 AM
I see this morning that Mourinho apparently looked at Lacazette but decided he doesn't have the stamina and his record in big games is poor and so they chose Lukaku instead.......who ironically, I've always said goes missing in big games and doesn't have the greatest engine/work rate.

Mourinho wants another fella the size of a fridge who he can coach to assault centre halves. It worked out for him with Drogba, I suppose.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Mourinho wants another fella the size of a fridge who he can coach to assault centre halves. It worked out for him with Drogba, I suppose.

I wish Giroud would assault more centre halves; he'd be twice the player then :-(

SWv2
07-11-2017, 09:09 AM

Well it is in essence the wonder and magic of football. The cut and thrust of debate, opinion and indeed counter opinion.

Diego Simeone (who many hold up as a managerial genius) had enough professional regards for AL as to agree to pay €65m, Wenger similarly has confidence in his abilities. Mourinho allegedly not*. He preferred Morata or Lukaka and thus good luck to him/them.

Who knows who is correct. Of course a snap judgement will be made in August.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Eduardo wore it well until he had his foot chopped off :-(

Alas, poor fellow.

By the way, do you remember Alan Smith signing for us and then playing for Leicester City at Highbury, having been loaned back to them? I don't.

Both sets of supporters chanting his name apparently.

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Well it is in essence the wonder and magic of football. The cut and thrust of debate, opinion and indeed counter opinion.

Diego Simeone (who many hold up as a managerial genius) had enough professional regards for AL as to agree to pay €65m, Wenger similarly has confidence in his abilities. Mourinho allegedly not*. He preferred Morata or Lukaka and thus good luck to him/them.

What do you mean by this? "Mourinho preferred Morata or Lukaka and thus good luck to him"

You know I am not the judgemental type, but wishing good luck upon Mourinho is clearly the sign of an evil, twisted individual. I shall be observing your behaviour with enormous suspicion in future.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:12 AM

Well, as we say in the hound fancy, a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un :-\

PSRB
07-11-2017, 09:14 AM

It does of course just sound like Mourinho is being a prick and giving it the "didn't want him anyway line" having never been in the frame

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Alas, poor fellow.

By the way, do you remember Alan Smith signing for us and then playing for Leicester City at Highbury, having been loaned back to them? I don't.

Both sets of supporters chanting his name apparently.

I don't remember that, no. Alan Smith didn't really ring my bell, to be honest. I've never been a fan of the 'on me 'ead son' sort of centre forward. I like a chap who can, you know, play football.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:19 AM
It does of course just sound like Mourinho is being a prick and giving it the "didn't want him anyway line" having never been in the frame

Of course, they all say that. But surely our #LacaNewSigning chap would rather have joined Manchester United, no?

Isn't that just the way it goes :shrug:

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:20 AM
I don't remember that, no. Alan Smith didn't really ring my bell, to be honest. I've never been a fan of the 'on me 'ead son' sort of centre forward. I like a chap who can, you know, play football.

If you don't mind, I shall pretend you didn't just say that, so we may remain friends :-|

Pokster
07-11-2017, 09:23 AM

I do remember that... and Alan Smith had a great touch... set up MT winning goal at Anfield, cracking CWC final goal.

Basically if they aren't Dutch or your Spanish love child you don't like them

PSRB
07-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Of course, they all say that. But surely our #LacaNewSigning chap would rather have joined Manchester United, no?

:shrug: AW does have a lot of sway, especially with the French chaps.

SWv2
07-11-2017, 09:28 AM

Or indeed it could be totally made up.

SWv2
07-11-2017, 09:30 AM
What do you mean by this? "Mourinho preferred Morata or Lukaka and thus good luck to him"

You know I am not the judgemental type, but wishing good luck upon Mourinho is clearly the sign of an evil, twisted individual. I shall be observing your behaviour with enormous suspicion in future.

I am very balanced in my views regarding football.

I don't hate on people or teams. Rangers and Stephen Hunt excluded obvs.

Sir C
I do remember that... and Alan Smith had a great touch... set up MT winning goal at Anfield, cracking CWC final goal.

Well, no. I like footballers who are good at football :shrug:

redgunamo
After Manchester United have decided they'd rather pay even more money for Lukaku.

There's nothing wrong with it; it just seems to be the way it is :-\

:shrug: AW does have a lot of sway, especially with the French chaps.

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:31 AM
I am very balanced in my views regarding football.

I don't hate on people or teams. Rangers and Stephen Hunt excluded obvs.

Hating Mourinho has nothing to do with football; it is a simple matter of human decency.

Luis Anaconda
07-11-2017, 09:32 AM

Like Martin Hayes - who scored a wonder goal in that game and was barely heard of ever again *

*The 1988 Littlewoods Cup final did not happen

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Well, no. I like footballers who are good at football :shrug:

Yes. What Alan Smith did for us is the hardest thing to do in football; two best goalscorer awards, each in title-winning seasons :shrug:

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Like Martin Hayes - who scored a wonder goal in that game and was barely heard of ever again *

I have spent a measurable amount of my adult life engaged in attempting to forget Martin Hayes, la. Thanks for bringing him to mind :-(

SWv2
07-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Hating Mourinho has nothing to do with football; it is a simple matter of human decency.

I didn't like how he poked your man's eye but all the silliness and petulance regarding the game of football largely washes over me.

I expect this is because I myself am a manager and I know the stresses and rules of engagement he operates under.

Luis Anaconda
07-11-2017, 09:35 AM
I have spent a measurable amount of my adult life engaged in attempting to forget Martin Hayes, la. Thanks for bringing him to mind :-(

Look at this though - scoring against France. What an assist by Merse. And that jinking run and balloon over the bar :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5g0eFfV7w

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:36 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02677/AINT-HALF-HOT-MUM_2677372c.jpg

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Yes. What Alan Smith did for us is the hardest thing to do in football; two best goalscorer awards, each in title-winning seasons :shrug:

Pfff. Applying the coup de grace is an overrated occupation. The chap who loads the weapon is usually the real artist.

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Look at this though - scoring against France. What an assist by Merse. And that jinking run and balloon over the bar :bow:

My word, I'd forgotten all about that, as well. :hehe:

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Pfff. Applying the coup de grace is an overrated occupation. The chap who loads the weapon is usually the real artist.

Right, van Gogh was merely a chap who splashed colours about. The real artist was the boy that went to shop and purchased the paint in the first place.

In fairness, I don't understand art.

Sir C
07-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Right, van Gogh was merely a chap who splashed colours about. The real artist was the boy that went to shop and purchased the paint in the first place.

In fairness, I don't understand art.

van Gogh was a bit shít, though. Couldn't really do perspective, could he?

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 09:47 AM
van Gogh was a bit shít, though. Couldn't really do perspective, could he?

I wouldn't know :-(

SWv2
07-11-2017, 10:30 AM

Indeed.

Anybody can tap a ball into an empty net.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 10:34 AM
Indeed.

Anybody can tap a ball into an empty net.

Not 300 times, they can't.

SWv2
07-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Not 300 times, they can't.

No but then that is why the very top boys cost so much and quite often get all the glory.

They are like the lead singer of a band, the poster boy, the marketing image. **** all use without the rhythm section though.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 10:49 AM
whilst taking a bath? No, of course you don't; you would sing, wouldn't you. So without the singer interpreting the songwriter's jargon for everyone, nobody makes any money.

*As it were.

No but then that is why the very top boys cost so much and quite often get all the glory.

They are like the lead singer of a band, the poster boy, the marketing image. **** all use without the rhythm section though.

SWv2
07-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Again, I must disagree with you there. Do you play with your instrument of choice* whilst taking a bath? No, of course you don't; you would sing, wouldn't you. So without the singer interpreting the songwriter's jargon for everyone, nobody makes any money.

*As it were.

Are you asking me if I masturbate?

Mo Britain less Europe
07-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Giroud has his failings but he brings us a strength in the air which has often got us out of trouble. Best aerial centre-forward we've had since... Smith? Radford?

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Basically, you're just showing your age; where once the game was all about the glory, now, in your dotage, all you can see is passing statistics and assists and resale values.

Sir C
07-11-2017, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't know :-(

That painting of his bedroom. The chair, in the foreground. Proper monged, that chair is.

Monty92
07-11-2017, 11:06 AM

Also one of the most significant talents to emerge in the world of Irish traditional music, imo.

Luis Anaconda
07-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Also one of the most significant talents to emerge in the world of Irish traditional music, imo.

Always with the fiddling :rolleyes:

Monty92
07-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Always with the fiddling :rolleyes:

Not a bad second career.

There'll be no violins for him.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 11:13 AM
What I'm saying is, singers, and strikers, are most important to the overall success of any related project. There's no getting away from it.

Anyway, it's no good arguing; my Mrs is an expert on this. (Anyway, she's read Slash' book, and Steven Tyler's effort too) And the fact is that decent frontmen are practically impossible to replace, unlike any other member of the band, except possibly the lead guitarist, or goalscoring #10.

Are you asking me if I masturbate?

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 11:18 AM

Thank you, P.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Giroud has his failings but he brings us a strength in the air which has often got us out of trouble. Best aerial centre-forward we've had since... Smith? Radford?

Yes, he's also one more Big Lad on the pitch. Which is another reason midget central midfielders are an issue as well.

Ash
07-11-2017, 12:33 PM

Perhaps he knows what Mourinho can be like to work for. Not that I do, of course, but there is some evidence to suggest that he is a complete Massive Hampshire Fan.

Ash
07-11-2017, 12:39 PM

Good man :thumbup:

Ash
07-11-2017, 12:48 PM
What I'm saying is, singers, and strikers, are most important to the overall success of any related project. There's no getting away from it.

Anyway, it's no good arguing; my Mrs is an expert on this. (Anyway, she's read Slash' book, and Steven Tyler's effort too) And the fact is that decent frontmen are practically impossible to replace, unlike any other member of the band, except possibly the lead guitarist, or goalscoring #10.

Which is why we never replaced Patrick Vieira.

After a fall-out once with my singer-guitarist-diva-egomaniac pal he spent six months trying to replace me and eventually had to grovel for me to return.

Look, you're right about the importance of good ones of these people, but most of the ones that set themselves up as the main man are not good enough. They take up the slots because they are pushy arrogant cùnts but are basically frauds stopping other, perhaps more talented but more humble people developing their talents. That's why they are cùnts, most of them.

SWv2
07-11-2017, 12:56 PM

After a fall-out once with my singer-guitarist-diva-egomaniac pal he spent six months trying to replace me and eventually had to grovel for me to return.

Look, you're right about the importance of good ones of these people, but most of the ones that set themselves up as the main man are not good enough. They take up the slots because they are pushy arrogant cùnts but are basically frauds stopping other, perhaps more talented but more humble people developing their talents. That's why they are cùnts, most of them.

"creative differences"?

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 01:01 PM

:hehe: OK. But all that's for the punters to decide, isn't it? Or anyway, Arsene Wenger.

It's not really about talent. Or art; it's about bums on seats.

Ash
07-11-2017, 01:40 PM
"creative differences"?

Oh there were always creative differences. There were certain things (non creative) I just wouldn't let him have all his own way all the time. So he 'sacked' me. Which I was fine with as I was tired of it and wanted a break. I could spend all my evenings in the pub rather than relentlessly rehearsing, gigging, preparing and distributing marketing materials, chasing industry contacts and so on.

Ash
07-11-2017, 01:43 PM
:hehe: OK. But all that's for the punters to decide, isn't it? Or anyway, Arsene Wenger.

It's not really about talent. Or art; it's about bums on seats.

Not sure they're too bothered whether the bums turn up, tbh. As long as the tickets are sold.